Bills Have ? Cap Space

T master

Reading a article on ESPN i saw that the Bills have 20.6 mill in cap space for 2013. If you add in what would be a smart move by either doing a major restructure to Fitz contract or cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be total 10.45 in cap space . As long as it is done before the football year starts.

So that would put them at 30 + mill in space, of coarse i may be speaking out of the side of my face b/c i'm not real sure how all of this works pertaining to the Fitz thing. Would that amount just go to the cap space if they cut him before the deadline or would they still owe him something ?

Plus i don't see Thigpen coming back so if he is owed anything cut him too !!

MO MONEY - MO MONEY - MO MONEY !!

Seeing as Byrd & Levetrie are two of the corner stones of the teams future & Fitz doesn't look to be as important to that future i would say no brainer for the new coach or the old front office.

Pay a back up QB top money to sit the bench or restructure or cut him ?? HMMM let's see ?

SEE YA !! Just thought i would pass this on if you all are wondering how much we have to fool with while thinking of the 2013 draft & free agency.

One last thing - Kevin Green for D coordinator !!!!

Edited by T master

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting Fitz only saves about half a million from the cap

Here you go from ESPN more than a half a Mill $

ESPN.com's AFC East blog has learned Buffalo will save $4.45 million in cap space and $7.45 million in actual cash by cutting Fitzpatrick this offseason. Fitzpatrick is due a base salary of $4.25 million and an easy-to-obtain workout bonus of $200,000 in 2013.

However, the biggest litmus test will be a $3 million roster bonus Fitzpatrick is owed in March on the second day of the league year. If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatrick's cap number jumps to $10.45 million next season, which would be suitable for a franchise quarterback.

Reading a article on ESPN i saw that the Bills have 20.6 mill in cap space for 2013. If you add in what would be a smart move by either doing a major restructure to Fitz contract or cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be another 10.45 in cap space . As long as it is done before the football year starts.

So that would put them at 30 + mill in space, of coarse i may be speaking out of the side of my face b/c i'm not real sure how all of this works pertaining to the Fitz thing. Would that amount just go to the cap space if they cut him before the deadline or would they still owe him something ?

Plus i don't see Thigpen coming back so if he is owed anything cut him too !!

MO MONEY - MO MONEY - MO MONEY !!

Seeing as Byrd & Levetrie are two of the corner stones of the teams future & Fitz doesn't look to be as important to that future i would say no brainer for the new coach or the old front office.

Pay a back up QB top money to sit the bench or restructure or cut him ?? HMMM let's see ?

SEE YA !! Just thought i would pass this on if you all are wondering how much we have to fool with while thinking of the 2013 draft & free agency.

One last thing - Kevin Green for D coordinator !!!!

Why don't you confirm your facts before posting nonsense? That's something of a rhetorical question, but take the time to do basic research before posting b.s.

Why don't you confirm your facts before posting nonsense? That's something of a rhetorical question, but take the time to do basic research before posting b.s.

What the H are you talking about i just read the article on ESPN & went back & found another aricle confirming what i posted, that it will be more if he is given his bonus. Why don't you read something anything or do some research before you take to writting something that you don't have a clue about or at least post what ever it is your talking about for all to see then i'll shut up but till then post on oh master of nonesense !!

Exactly 10.45 mill towards the cap tell that to the guy that posted before you ny33 that tryed to tell me i need to do research before i post, i think he should practice what he preaches !!

Edited by T master

ESPN.com's AFC East blog has learned Buffalo will save $4.45 million in cap space and $7.45 million in actual cash by cutting Fitzpatrick this offseason. Fitzpatrick is due a base salary of $4.25 million and an easy-to-obtain workout bonus of $200,000 in 2013.

However, the biggest litmus test will be a $3 million roster bonus Fitzpatrick is owed in March on the second day of the league year. If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatrick's cap number jumps to $10.45 million next season, which would be suitable for a franchise quarterback.

By "ACTUAL CASH" they mean not cap space. They save the ACTUAL CASH, but his cap dollars only go down 450 grand if cut. That's still enough for me, though.

By "ACTUAL CASH" they mean not cap space. They save the ACTUAL CASH, but his cap dollars only go down 450 grand if cut. That's still enough for me, though.

The sentence before reads "in cap space" and matches everything I thought before the site given that contradicts. This was supposed to be an easier out month for us before the bonus from what I gathered in all early reports then your site popped up not matching that and suddenly became the gold standard. Not sure which to believe.

Edited by NoSaint

What the H are you talking about i just read the article on ESPN & went back & found another aricle confirming what i posted, that it will be more if he is given his bonus. Why don't you read something anything or do some research before you take to writting something that you don't have a clue about or at least post what ever it is your talking about for all to see then i'll shut up but till then post on oh master of nonesense !!

Exactly 10.45 mill towards the cap tell that to the guy that posted before you ny33 that tryed to tell me i need to do research before i post, i think he should practice what he preaches !!

"ESPN.com's AFC East blog has learned Buffalo will save $4.45 million in cap space and $7.45 million in actual cash by cutting Fitzpatrick this offseason. Fitzpatrick is due a base salary of $4.25 million and an easy-to-obtain workout bonus of $200,000 in 2013."

The above shows that we will NOT save $10.45 million from the cap. You yourself posted that we will save $4.45 million if we cut Fitz, thanks to the AFC East blog. Do you lack basic reading comprehension skills?

As for the "nyjetscap" site, there is zero credibility to that website. James Walker is a questionable "writer," but he has some standards as an ESPN blogger.

FYI- the "nyjetscap" website shows that the cap savings would only be $450,000 if we cut Fitz. Evidently you don't understand the difference between cap value and cap savings. I can't say I'm surprised.

Neither source of information indicates that we could cut $10.45 million from the cap by cutting Fitzpatrick, which is what you claim in your original post.

Edited by ny33

See ya!!

I don't have it here at my disposal, but I remember reading a link that by cutting Fitz that it would only save about $450k in cap space.. But what T Mast provided says something different.

It's the nyjetscap site. It gets a ton of credit for its volume of information but I'm not sure it's accuracy (generally good but I feel like its shy of 100%) - that said, espn and the like is shy of 100%

The espn report does match everything discussed the first few years but when people checked the "well what if we cut him this offseason" on jetscap it got hazy. Now it's essentially accepted as fact on here but I'm not sure we have actual confirmation beyond "but look how much they have"

I get what your saying about the actual cash thing but the last sentence reads & i quote

"If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatricks cap number jumps to $10.45 million which would be suitable for a franchise QB"

So what does that mean ? I know i'm not the smartest guy in the world but that pretty much lays it out doesn't it ???

"ESPN.com's AFC East blog has learned Buffalo will save $4.45 million in cap space and $7.45 million in actual cash by cutting Fitzpatrick this offseason. Fitzpatrick is due a base salary of $4.25 million and an easy-to-obtain workout bonus of $200,000 in 2013."

The above shows that we will NOT save $10.45 million from the cap. You yourself posted that we will save $4.45 million if we cut Fitz, thanks to the AFC East blog. Do you lack basic reading comprehension skills?

As for the "nyjetscap" site, there is zero credibility to that website. James Walker is a questionable "writer," but he has some standards as an ESPN blogger.

Read the last sentence of the article & comprehend what it says !! I did !! You can do it trust me it's not that hard i promise ...

It says "if the Bills pay the bonus which is $3 mill the second day of the league year Fizpatricks cap hit will then jump to 10.45 mill" not a direct quote but close enough to clear up this argument !!

Edited by T master

I get what your saying about the actual cash thing but the last sentence reads & i quote

"If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatricks cap number jumps to $10.45 million which would be suitable for a franchise QB"

So what does that mean ? I know i'm not the smartest guy in the world but that pretty much lays it out doesn't it ???

Quite clearly, you've failed to recognize the difference between a cap hit for a player on a roster and cap savings if a player is cut. This is not difficult to comprehend.