[anti-SUW] How lazy are YOU?

SDS

How is it that someone will drive for 15-20 minutes in their car looking for a parking spot that is 50 feet closer to the store than the available ones???? Or they will sit in their car - RIGHT NEXT TO AN OPEN SPOT - while they wait for 5 minutes until the car 6 spaces closer finally leaves?

Just how lazy are people that they can't just park in a spot and walk an extra 50-75 feet or so and get on with their day????

I park way back in left field and walk when I absolutely have to go into civilization. People are stupid and I want to not have dinged doors on my new old Jeep.

AD, my dad had a phrase for situations like that. It went, "Most people carry one spare tire. Some people carry two. A few may even carry three. But no one carries four." :)

I ALWAYS park at the end of the lot and walk in... Better yet, I ALWAYS park up hill/up wind of any shopping carts!

Of course, I am nuts!... :)

PS: I ALWAYS take only 1 spot!... And I joke I heard (when you see someone parking in a handicap spot and they are running into the building):

Shout: "HEY BUDDY! That sign says handicap parking... NOT MENTALLY HANDICAPPED!

:P

I ALWAYS park at the end of the lot and walk in... Better yet, I ALWAYS park up hill/up wind of any shopping carts!

Of course, I am nuts!... :)

PS:  I ALWAYS take only 1 spot!... And I joke I heard (when you see someone parking in a handicap spot and they are running into the building):

Shout:  "HEY BUDDY!  That sign says handicap parking... NOT MENTALLY HANDICAPPED!

:P

195174[/snapback]

Not all handicaps are visible so dont be so quick to judge a person who parks in a handicap spot.

Not all handicaps are visible so dont be so quick to judge a person who parks in a handicap spot.

195178[/snapback]

I think in NC being fat is justification for a handicap plate. I get so pissed. I was Christmas shopping and saw an elderly woman with a walker have to walk 50 feet to a store while three fat ass people got out of their cars after putting their little tag on the mirror and walking comfortably into the store. It's like they hide their tag until it's convenient for them to use it. Pisses me off. :)

Parking lot pet peeve: anyone who doesn't yield to pedestrians (not that pedestrians can't be idiots too). I also can't stand the people who park beyond the end of a row as though it kept going, when there isn't really room for cars to get by in both directions.

Driving pet peeve: I hate anyone who hits their brakes less than 3 seconds after cutting in front of me. The worst will cut in, hit their brakes for no reason, and then accelerate. :)

I think in NC being fat is justification for a handicap plate. I get so pissed. I was Christmas shopping and saw an elderly woman with a walker have to walk 50 feet to a store while three fat ass people got out of their cars after putting their little tag on the mirror and walking comfortably into the store. It's like they hide their tag until it's convenient for them to use it. Pisses me off.  :)

195189[/snapback]

Did you know if your wife is pregnant, once she gets to 6 months the doc can give a script for a handicap tag? But don't use it yourself. The handicap tag is only if the person who is handicapped is in the car. If not they are required to park in a normal spot.

There's a fat guy in our building that pulls the double whammy of parking at an angle in a handicap spot. It's actually a trifecta because he has several really nice cars that he drives (Mercedes, Porche). One day last week when he had the top down on his convertible Benz, the skies darkened. The guys here were doing a rain dance hoping that his leather seats would get wrecked. Just in time, he waddled out to the car, and moved it... TO THE FIRE LANE!!!

I have to remember to bring my camera to work to document this. I could start a web site.

How is it that someone will drive for 15-20 minutes in their car looking for a parking spot that is 50 feet closer to the store than the available ones????  Or they will sit in their car - RIGHT NEXT TO AN OPEN SPOT - while they wait for 5 minutes until the car 6 spaces closer finally leaves?

Just how lazy are people that they can't just park in a spot and walk an extra 50-75 feet or so and get on with their day????

195018[/snapback]

My daughters do this when Mom is in the car just to drive her nuts. :) It is an "in" joke between them to see how long they can circle the store before she says something. :P

I hate it when you are the first car to park in a lot. The next car comes in and parks tight next to you - in an empty parking lot - and then "doors" you. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I hate fat people who waddle up or down subway stairs when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.

195131[/snapback]

...especially after the beans and rice platter at Manhattan Chili! :P

Is that why all the subway escalators are broken? :)

How is it that someone will drive for 15-20 minutes in their car looking for a parking spot that is 50 feet closer to the store than the available ones????  Or they will sit in their car - RIGHT NEXT TO AN OPEN SPOT - while they wait for 5 minutes until the car 6 spaces closer finally leaves?

195018[/snapback]

my roommate does this and it drives me insane...i agree with ya SDS, people shouldnt be such lazy asses, and just park a bit further away...most of the people that do this could really use the exercise that the extra distance would provide anyway...