Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

I'M still thinking on that.......I got nothin.

Would anyone have hired this guy last year, when "the cuse" won 5 games?

I guess the good news is that every other year we will win 8 games.

Sure...provided we only play 12 or 13 games...nice work.

This pick makes perfect sense.

Pick a complete joke of a coach. Bomb the season. Get number one pick. Take Johnny football. Pay marrone his bonus for losing with credibility. Fire the whole lot of them and get a real coach.

Otherwise it is a horrible hire.

Have any reason for saying this, or are you part of the no reason just anger club?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap you are correct..i knew the rule but in my head i was thinking after soph season he could come, but that is only 2 years removed...wow....gotta wait that long for that talent?????

Johnny football is a true freshmen, he cannot come out in next years draft. You must be three years removed from HS to op into the NFL draft

I love how half the board hates the hire and the other half is trying to get excited about this hire..fact is why can't we evere hire someone that excites the fan base..oh wait you have hire a good coach to do that...well maybe in 2016 we'll hire a good coach...doubt it

There is absolutely no one that would make everyone happy...guarantee you that.

Once again, anyone trotting out Marrone's record at Syracuse as a negative is completely ignorant of how major college football works, in regards to what goes into building a truly "elite" program.

If you think that Doug Marrone should have and could have built Syracuse into a national powerhouse, then you really don't know anything about college ball. The problem isn't Marrone, its you guys.

Here's how the Bills need to spin this move.

1. Marrone was their guy all along.

2. Cleveland had given up on Kelly and had interviewed Marrone a second time so they were going to move on him,

3. San Diego had interviewed him and showed interest.

4. The Bills were unprepared to lose their guy, so they hired him before someone else did.

If this isn't their story I'll be stunned.

2. Cleveland had given up on Kelly and had interviewed Marrone a second time so they were going to move on him,

4. The Bills were unprepared to lose their guy, so they hired him before someone else did.

they don't have to spin it any way...it's pretty simple: we interviewed people and liked this guy the best, so we hired him

Giving a marketing guy the final say on HCing decisions is flat out retarded. I worry about bills fans who think it isn't. Go see a psychiatrist.

and supposing someone other than Brandon picked the coach?

Johnny football is a true freshmen, he cannot come out in next years draft. You must be three years removed from HS to op into the NFL draft

Well walterfootball has him in their 2014 mock going to the jets. So that's where I found it. I wasn't aware he was a freshman cause I couldn't really care less. You have a problem take it up with them.

There's nothing to spin. Lets look back:

1. The Bills said they'd do an exhaustive coaching search: check

2. The Bills wanted someone with NFL coaching experience: check

3. The Bills wanted someone who had previous head coaching experience: check

Seems to me that they interviewed a bunch of guys, and then moved on their decision to hire the best candidate they thought possible. And from everything that's being reported, he's one of the most sought after candidates of the off-season.

I love how half the board hates the hire and the other half is trying to get excited about this hire..fact is why can't we evere hire someone that excites the fan base..oh wait you have hire a good coach to do that...well maybe in 2016 we'll hire a good coach...doubt it

Fans only know who is famous or who gets hyped. That doesn't always equal the best hire. Remember how excited fans were for Terrell Owens?

I suppose the fact that every team looking for a coach had reached out to Marrone means nothing? I mean how many crap coaches get so much interest? Or are all those teams a dumb as the Bills.

For once the Bills look smart.

PTR

though i'll admit Marrone's hiring was a bit of a letdown for me when i first heard it (just b/c I was really hoping we'd land Lovie), some of the nonsense some people are posting on here about Marrone is unwarranted.

Marrone has coached in the NFL before and did very well in Syracuse (considering how bad that program was). He's highly regarded apparently by a bunch of NFL personnel.

Lets not burry him before he even starts.

Once again, I'm stunned by the closed-mindedness and idiocy of a select portion of our fan base. I'm not suggesting blind support, but to trash a move widely reported as being a coup for the Bills confounds me.

haven't you been paying attention??? Brandon made this crony pick for marketing and ticket sales purposes only..it's all here in black and white...re-read this thread...

No Brandon is a great football mind. That's why we make the playoffs every year.....oh wait