The Johnny Football game

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's pretty amazing already on the first drive. How fun is that dude to watch? Probably too small for the NFL but what a college player.

He's only a Frosh so maybe he'll fill out some...saw him on Leno recently and he came across as very mature and well-spoken. I was impressed by him...unlike I am by Leno. ;)

Landry Jones has an arm..but his feet seem a wee bit slow

This gonna be a helluva game between these two.

Landry Jones= Matt Schaub. He's never going to be mistaken for a mobile guy but he can move in the pocket and make all the throws with accuracy, best served to short-mid level passing game though but has the arm to keep it respectable

Yeah...where's Barbarian...why is the QB that he wants with the first pick taken out of the game when it matters most...??? (Is it Barbarian or Marauder who like Jones...I forget)

If I was Jones, I would be super pissed. Doesn't his coach even have an ounce of respect for him? I've never seen an OU game before. Do they do that a lot?

Edited by kas23

Plus he's so fun and good because of the scrambles and running, etc. I'd imagine that he would get pummeled in the NFL.

He's certainly electric. I'm a diehard Alabama fan and he left me speechless in that game. What he did to the Crimson Tide defense was nothing short of amazing.

Landry Jones , He's looking pretty good so far. Russ might need to think about moving up to take him.We've waited too long to let another one get away.

With him being pulled 2-3x a drive, we may not need to move up. But he is looking good, minus those dump-off plays they've been running.

Landry Jones = Ryan Fitzpatrick. No thanks :thumbdown:

umm not even Close. Ryan Fitzpatrick is 6'2 214 with no arm to put into throws, decent on short passes horribly eratic He's mobile Landry Jones is 6'4 220 pocket passer who's not gonna extend plays with his legs but whos accuracy has improved every year. The only way they're similar is Jones is a very smart guy who knows the spread offense.

Landry Jones = Ryan Fitzpatrick. No thanks :thumbdown:

umm not even Close. Ryan Fitzpatrick is 6'2 214 with no arm to put into throws, decent on short passes horribly eratic He's mobile Landry Jones is 6'4 220 pocket passer who's not gonna extend plays with his legs but whos accuracy has improved every year. The only way they're similar is Jones is a very smart guy who knows the spread offense.

This. Jones is so much better than Fitz already it's embarrassing. Way better arm....do you watch any Oklahoma games?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.