The Johnny Football game

Kelly the Dog

Landry Jones just doesn't jump out at me. I'm not seeing a difference maker here. 51 offensive plays in the first half and only 13 points to show for it. I just don't see any upside. His past three seasons have flat lined. His Soph season was his best.

not really, his sophomore season was his best TD wise but each year his cmpl% has gone up each year. I thought he was horrible last year but knew he was talented so I kept an eye on him and he has returned to form.

I wouldn't mind. Starter from day 1.

:thumbsup:

Even if Jones is a Bill, which is cool with me. That will not happen.

is 12 retired

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious question to me is how he compares to Sam Bradford.

The other questions on my mind is what kind of coaching has he gotten at OU?

It's hard to evaluate a guy like him. So many variables.

Seems like a diamond in the rough but you don't draft those guys in the high first round.

You'd prefer to draft a finished or near-finished product.

Yep. I surely wouldn't want to draft him in the first round and waste three years hoping he is possibly going to turn into Matt Shaub. Maybe in the 2nd round and keep him on the bench for most of two years.

Stoops didn't throw the pick.

Stoops didn't throw the almost interception at the end of the first half in the end zone.

Stoops didn't fire a laser behind the receiver in the end zone missing a much needed TD.

Stoops also doesn't stare down his receivers on big third downs.

Landry Jones should not be a top 10 pick.

not really, his sophomore season was his best TD wise but each year his cmpl% has gone up each year. I thought he was horrible last year but knew he was talented so I kept an eye on him and he has returned to form.

:thumbsup:

is 12 retired

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/buffalo_bills/retired_numbers.html

I hate to give the Johnny Football too much credit, especially with his great OL, but the defense has to worry so much about him pulling the ball away and running himself, or pulling it away and dropping back to pass either short or long, that simple running plays like that last one become a relatively easy TD. Nice run but still, it looked like there was no one after him.

I hate to give the Johnny Football too much credit, especially with his great OL, but the defense has to worry so much about him pulling the ball away and running himself, or pulling it away and dropping back to pass either short or long, that simple running plays like that last one become a relatively easy TD. Nice run but still, it looked like there was no one after him.

Not too take away from Johnny, but OU's D looks like they are giving a half assed effort, especially the secondary on run plays.

Jones is not getting pressured at all. Okla is running at will. Why are they not putting up points? Because, their QB is not making a difference. He's completing passes, but he's not making them count when it matters. Jones is gonna see a lot of color in his face at the next level... he'll be a difference maker for the other team.

Manziel reminds me of a faster version of Favre. Throws from crazy angles on the run and is very intense on the field while having some fun.

Manziel's quite artistic in the same way that a point guard is in basketball.

He creates angles and leverages that most quarterbacks don't see, because they don't create them.

I see Johnny Football listed as 6'1 200, if that is true he should fill out enough to be a satisfactory pro body, correct?

How would you feel about Manziel if you heard a pro scout say (next year), "he's a slightly larger version of Russell Wilson?"

Manziel's quite artistic in the same way that a point guard is in basketball.

He creates angles and leverages that most quarterbacks don't see, because they don't create them.

How would you feel about Manziel if you heard a pro scout say (next year), "he's a slightly larger version of Russell Wilson?"

Russell Wilson will never be an elite QB......I read that on a thread somewhere

Jones is not getting pressured at all. Okla is running at will. Why are they not putting up points? Because, their QB is not making a difference. He's completing passes, but he's not making them count when it matters. Jones is gonna see a lot of color in his face at the next level... he'll be a difference maker for the other team.

Agree jones will be a 5th round pick !

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.