Philip Rivers

djp14150

Would you want him as buffalo QB?

Its possible that in San Diego they want to just gut the aging team and rebuild everything. Rivers would be a marketable asset they trade.

I'd rather have Alex Smith (a couple years younger and more mobile), and I think Smith will come cheaper, in terms of trade value. Rivers's play has been on a steep downward trajectory, while Smith has been improving. At this stage of his career, Rivers reminds me of Carson Palmer when the Bengals were trying to move him. I think any team who gives up a lot for Rivers will regret it, just like the Raiders regret trading a first and second for Carson Palmer.

No thank you. Phillip Rivers is in the same boat as Carson Palmer: An aging prototypical pocket passer with a couple excellent seasons on his resume but also a declining skill set, poor awareness, failures in the biggest games, and a questionable attitude.

If we want to have sustained success over the next 10-12 years, Phillip Rivers cannot be part of our plans.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

This franchise has done some dumb and/or unconventional things. They DID trade Drew Brees, so it is not inconceivable that they would trade Rivers. If I were them, I would not do it, but I'm not, so we shall see. That being said, I would most certainly be ok with him as a Bill!!!

they didnt trade brees, he was a free agent

for a 3rd.......IMO it's time to go young and burn that #8 pick on a top tier QB.

how many "top tier" QB's do you know that were drafted at 8? Especially this year considering nearly every team drafting before us needs a QB and its a very talentless QB class....not to be a homer and s**t all over your post but it's just not going to happen this year. If we take a QB with our 8th overall pick it will be a reach and a waste of a pick.

With that said, I'd love to have Rivers

I think all the AFC East teams are better than the rest of that division but it really doesn't matter. Honestly, is Brady's supporting group that much better than Rivers?

Oh my god yes. Offense: The line is good, if not great. 2 excellent TEs. Welker, Lloyd and a host of other contributors.

Defense is stacked with high picks. Worse than the offense due to Brady, but Wilfork is a Stud, Jones will be and the young LB corps talent is undeniable.

Are you messin with me??

Yea! But id still draft a QB too..

I still feel they need to draft a qb but there is nothing I would touch at #8. I see a qb picked in 2nd or 3rd unless they trade down.

But if you acquire a veteran then the pressure is on a first to step in and play.

There is quite a few qbs who have 2nd round grades but not many high 1st.

I'd rather have Alex Smith (a couple years younger and more mobile), and I think Smith will come cheaper, in terms of trade value. Rivers's play has been on a steep downward trajectory, while Smith has been improving. At this stage of his career, Rivers reminds me of Carson Palmer when the Bengals were trying to move him. I think any team who gives up a lot for Rivers will regret it, just like the Raiders regret trading a first and second for Carson Palmer.

There is a possibly Smith gets waived with his roster bonus due in March.

Oh my god yes. Offense: The line is good, if not great. 2 excellent TEs. Welker, Lloyd and a host of other contributors.

Defense is stacked with high picks. Worse than the offense due to Brady, but Wilfork is a Stud, Jones will be and the young LB corps talent is undeniable.

Are you messin with me??

I think all the players on NE are much better players because of Brady. Welker was an average guy before NE. Lloyd has had one good season in the NFL. And I severely doubt Gronk & AH would be putting up those #s on almost any other team. I will agree that NE has a much better line though.

Oh and SD's defense was 9th while NE was 25th. Rivers hasn't been good in 2 years, and if he was our QB, people would be killing him. Sure he can rebound, but you need to be very careful with guys in their 30s on a downward trend,

In a heartbeat....he is only 31 years old. The Browns drafted a "franchise" QB around the same age. Since I now live in SD I get to watch the away games, since a lot of the home games don't sell out and if Rivers had Buffalo's Offensive Line he would be a pro-bowl QB again. The WRs wouldn't have to stop, reach behind themselves or get laid out to catch a pass....unlike with Fitzgibbons

What part of SD are you in? Ever go to the PB Ale house to watch games?

Honestly, is Brady's supporting group that much better than Rivers?

I think New England's roster is much more talented than the Chargers' at this point.

As for Rivers (or Romo, or Flacco, or Alex Smith or whomever), for most people it's more a question of "at what cost" than it is a yes/no.