Bills coach search update

It would be a buzz at ESPN and around NFL front offices, but...

IMO, most Bills fans had never heard of Chip Kelly before last week, and the number of season tickets that would be sold as a result of a Kelly hiring would be minimal.

I am one of those fans. A week ago I'd never heard of him.....but now I am under the impression that he is a top tier coaching candidate.

If we landed him and the positive buzz continued I would be extremely excited to be a Bills fan, especially considering the lack of top tier coaches we have had in recent times.

I imagine many other fans would be exactly the same as myself which means you are likely a bit misguided to think that excited fans won't equate to bums on seats.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Kelly as strong handed O coordinator and Lovie as head coach and heavy hand in the Def.

Russ says " he has the purse strings" and i think it's time to hit it out of the park, Brandon.

Put everything you got into this one. and dont swing for the cheap seats. Hit the damned scoreboard.

With those two fellows on board the sky is the limit.

No way Chip Kelly is leaving Oregon for an NFL Coordinators job...

I'd like

Greg Williams as head coach

Dick Jauron as DC

Chan Gailey as OC

Special Teams Coach: Ronnie (Freaking) Jones

And No one should forget our very own Chuck Lester!!!! (Longest Tenured Coach in Buffalo Bills History)

No way Chip Kelly is leaving Oregon for an NFL Coordinators job...

Why is that ? Low risk high reward. He has never coached NFL. Lovie has awinning record and knows how its done.

Chip can learn and take risks while depending on the defense to keep them in the game in Smith's Tampa 2.

Just offer these guys all the money and give them some of the **** i'm smoking.

That being said i dont think Chip wants to come here as HC. Has he put together a full coaching staff yet ? Honest question.

I just think The Lovie and Chip Show would be a big hit for years.

Keep passing it around Wiz ! lol

Edited by 3rdand12

How bout Chip as HC and Lovie as the DC and Norv at OC. Woohoo. We have a winner my friends a real winner.

If lovie has any pride, he wouldn't take a DC position for a coach who's never coached a game in the NFL. Lovie just went 10-6 last season. If anything, it should be Lovie as HC and Chip as OC.

nothing against Chip, i'm just looking at it from a lovie point of view.

Chip Kelly as an OC is one thing, but I just can't see letting him run the entire show with so little NFL experience.

i don't think he has ANY NFL experience whatsoever. not as a player or coach. that doesn't mean he can't be successful but i'm sure the list of coaches who have asbolutely 0 exposure to the NFL before becoming head coaches in the modern era is limited.

that's my only real reservation really

i don't think he has ANY NFL experience whatsoever. not as a player or coach. that doesn't mean he can't be successful but i'm sure the list of coaches who have asbolutely 0 exposure to the NFL before becoming head coaches in the modern era is limited.

that's my only real reservation really

You mean like Jimmy Johnson? Or Barry Switzer? Or Sam Wyche? Or Bud Grant?