Streaming WGR550 and commercials

DPR4444

Thanks to the WGR ap, I...

• Know about child seats and that strollers have the right of way on sidewalks.
  • Know there are changes coming with taxes and healthcare
  • Know not to leave food out too long or I can get food poisoning
  • Know how to get my GED diploma
  • Know there are marked trails for fourwheeling in the forrest
  • Know that I can become distracted listening to three conversations at once
  • Will not throw away money on electricity
  • Know that the Lorax is the guardian of the forrest
  • Know about taking cats and magical toys that order Chinese food
  • Know that the hispanic scholarship fund has the answers for me to go to college
  • Know that an 8 year old from Jefferson Elementary knows that man adapts to environmental condiditions and must eat healthy.
  • Will never attend a preformance of the Transyberian Orchestra.

I also know the Hockey Hotline show is unlistenable when there isn't any hockey! Time to turn it off.

No, the commericals are not the same that are aired over the radio v the app. When I'm home in Buffalo Niagara - I play the app and listen to the radio at the same time just to hear the differences and they are never the same.

I agree. But I do listen to WGR's sister station here in Boston using their app - WEEI - and its just so much better. As a matter of fact, I don't understand why Buffalo's Entercom station is sooooo bad compared to Boston's... I know, different markets but the quality of production, apps, even commercials are better in Boston than Buffalo. Entercom Buffalo is so stuck in the past.

Sorry I misunderstood the question. Yes the commercials are different on the air vs streaming. But all the streams (wgr website, tunein, etc) are the same.

PTR

Thanks to the WGR ap, I...

• Know about child seats and that strollers have the right of way on sidewalks.
  • Know there are changes coming with taxes and healthcare
  • Know not to leave food out too long or I can get food poisoning
  • Know how to get my GED diploma
  • Know there are marked trails for fourwheeling in the forrest
  • Know that I can become distracted listening to three conversations at once
  • Will not throw away money on electricity
  • Know that the Lorax is the guardian of the forrest
  • Know about taking cats and magical toys that order Chinese food
  • Know that the hispanic scholarship fund has the answers for me to go to college
  • Know that an 8 year old from Jefferson Elementary knows that man adapts to environmental condiditions and must eat healthy.
  • Will never attend a preformance of the Transyberian Orchestra.

I also know the Hockey Hotline show is unlistenable when there isn't any hockey! Time to turn it off.

LOL.... EXACTLY - I remove my earbuds everytime during commercials. I'm going to download tunein NOW!

Run, don't walk, away from that PoS app. The worst programmed, the worst designed interface ever constructed. It is terrible beyon belief.

Get tunein and save yourself from wanting to drive off a bridge trying to deal with that PoS.

Thanks, Scott. I uninstalled and reinstalled the WGR app and had the same problem. Then I downloaded Tunein and am listening to the hockey program right now. Looking forward to checking out some of the other channels, too. Thanks again for the tip.

Tune-in doesn't record the stream like Radio Rip does. You can't skip the commercials unless you use Radio Rip.

Sorry I misunderstood the question. Yes the commercials are different on the air vs streaming. But all the streams (wgr website, tunein, etc) are the same.

PTR

But if you use Radio Rip, you are recording the stream as opposed to listening live, so it's not the same.

Edited by mountainwampus

Agreed - the 2 most painful to listen to are the one with the annoying young parents talking about strollers, and the two siblings fighting over one copying the other's every word - "Stop copying me"! "Stop copying me"!

Also, anyone else thrilled that the Transsiberian Orchestra's "The Lost Christmas Eve" concert is over?

The PSA's can be pretty bad, but listening on the radio the commercials they can be really annoying too.

If I hear that commercial, for a garage door company that I will not name, one more time........

I had so many problems with the 550 app that I went to TuneIn. Cannot recommend it enough. It's great.

Question about TuneIn:

I paid and downloaded the app. Works great with one exception.

I cannot simply make a phone call while the App is running. I have to close it out and then make the call; unlike with the WGR app.

Anyone have this issue with their iPhone?

Hate= it blocks play by play of the game.

Love=getting to hear the news conference when a free agent

like Mario is signed.

DR

This has not been true the last few games of the season. They never turned the stream off during the game.

Question about TuneIn:

I paid and downloaded the app. Works great with one exception.

I cannot simply make a phone call while the App is running. I have to close it out and then make the call; unlike with the WGR app.

Anyone have this issue with their iPhone?

I have ATT and it simply pauses the app when I use the phone. I do have to hit play again. I never have to close it and reopen. Could this be a Verizon thing?