Marc Trestman is HC of Bears

kellysheroes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then again, he thought Dick was the man.

http://articles.chic...levy-head-coach

So have i !! Since the Gailey hire i have wondered WHY our FO never had a interview with him & now we hire a guy after a EXHAUSTIVE SEARCH (5 candidates & 1 weeks time) with a good resume but not half the experience of Trestman & no championships on that resume...

As Marv said their paths are almost identical look at both their Wikipedias he should have been the next successor as the Bills coach or at least had an interview.

With the guy being a Canadian coach & the only team in the NFL having a Canadian series playing games there every year what move would have made it a million times easier for the Canadians to root for the Bills as their team & make that series a success & more than likely brought more fans to games at the Ralph from up north..

HIRE A CANADIAN COACH THAT WON 2 GREY CUP CHAMPIONSHIPS !! NO Brainer right ? Not in the Bills front office .

Don't get me wrong i think we Might have made a good pick but EXHAUSTIVE, THOROUGH ?? Not to mention Marrones experience & resume is NOTHING like Trestmans !!!

Trestman & the Bills was a match made in NFL heaven but Brandon had his home boy in mind from the onset of the search & couldn't see out side of the city limits of Syracuse ... Can You say HOMER !!

Marv may have been wrong about a few things as the Bills GM but he wasn't wrong about Trestman !!

Edited by T master

So have i !! Since the Gailey hire i have wondered WHY our FO never had a interview with him & now we hire a guy after a EXHAUSTIVE SEARCH (5 candidates & 1 weeks time) with a good resume but not half the experience of Trestman & no championships on that resume...

As Marv said their paths are almost identical look at both their Wikipedias he should have been the next successor as the Bills coach or at least had an interview.

With the guy being a Canadian coach & the only team in the NFL having a Canadian series playing games there every year what move would have made it a million times easier for the Canadians to root for the Bills as their team & make that series a success & more than likely brought more fans to games at the Ralph from up north..

HIRE A CANADIAN COACH THAT WON 2 GREY CUP CHAMPIONSHIPS !! NO Brainer right ? Not in the Bills front office .

Don't get me wrong i think we Might have made a good pick but EXHAUSTIVE, THOROUGH ?? Not to mention Marrones experience & resume is NOTHING like Trestmans !!!

Trestman & the Bills was a match made in NFL heaven but Brandon had his home boy in mind from the onset of the search & couldn't see out side of the city limits of Syracuse ... Can You say HOMER !!

Marv may have been wrong about a few things as the Bills GM but he wasn't wrong about Trestman !!

There must be reasons why Trestman is continuously overlooked as a HC. His name is always floated out during the offseason each year and never lands the big job.

I am as sick of Ralph and the ineptitude he has brought upon the organization as anyone. I'm alright with the new guy. The Pettine hire is solid imo and I am willing to see what plays out here. I mean after all we lived through? Really? This looks to me like it has potential.

I'm not going to flip out about anything Marv says. Or who Cowher reccomends or who this guy endorses...

All I would ask from you is that if the new guy impresses you come back and dig this up and apologize at the end of next season.

Or, rub it in our faces after Trestman wins a Super Bowl :censored:

This off season is different for us. So I feel like saying, all we are saying, is give peace a chance.

Go Bills!

Edited by beerme1

Same career path? U mean let Polian draft and assemble an amazing team and then fail to control them for one god dam week before the SuperBowl. Or to not be able to stop your QB from calling pass plays when your all world RB and offensive line are blowing gigantic holes in the defense. Did Trestman do that in losing four Grey Cups???

How the hell this guy made the HOF is total BS. He should give his spot up for Andre.

Trestman played college/pro football for five years. Marrone played college/pro football for seven years. Marc Trestman has 28 years coaching experience (including CFL). Marrone has 20 years coaching experience. Trestman is 57. Marrone is 48. Not quite sure how you figure Marrone has half the experience of Trestman - especially when you consider Trestman's only head coaching experience is in another game, whereas Marrone's was the same game (albeit at the collegiate level).

Marc comes from the WCO. May be we don't the skill set for that type of game (or have not been successful in installing that with Rob Johnson etc)/

few people know this but canadian football doesnt even use real players, those are actually animatronics. thats why canadian stadiums require a bac above 1.4 to get in, so fans never notice. and they are the bad chuck e cheese bear band kind of animatronics too. in fact thats why in 1981 they changed the laws to allow stronger alcohol content in canadian beer bc some canadian football fans were noticing the robot players burning oil, which had been happening all along but apparently fans began building up a tolerance. i heard they are preparing to make the weed stronger so that when it becomes legal there they can just use cardboard cutouts. true story

Same career path? U mean let Polian draft and assemble an amazing team and then fail to control them for one god dam week before the SuperBowl. Or to not be able to stop your QB from calling pass plays when your all world RB and offensive line are blowing gigantic holes in the defense. Did Trestman do that in losing four Grey Cups???

How the hell this guy made the HOF is total BS. He should give his spot up for Andre.

Can I get an amen?!

After blowing the first Super Bowl, why didn't our friggin' Harvard coach tell these "men" to get some sleep on Saturday night because there is a GOD DAMN GAME TOMORROW!!!

That still pisses me off that those clowns blew 4 Super Bowls in a row. Why don't you go partyin' AFTER THE GAME! Dickheads.

You just don't get many chances like that.

And yet Marv thought Dick Jauron was a good coach. If Marv couldn't be so wrong why not hire Trestman back when he was searching for coaches. It was only a couple years ago. If Marv KNOWS, then he should have KNOWN back then.

Sean Payton and Bill Parcells both think Marrone is "the man." Both those coaches are Super Bowl winning coaches, which Marv is not.

Point is, when coaches get hired, they always find someone who backs them and says they know blah blah blah. It all means absolutel nothing.

1. I too am from Syracuse.

2. I to am a homer

3. You are 100% right about Trestman.

4. Marv Levy and the coaches did not lose four straight super bowls. The players did. I was watching Super Bowl XXV on youtube yesterday. Andre Reed dropped two first half passes that lost the game. The first half the Bills were on a roll and even the game announcers several times said that they wondered if the Giants could possibly come back from a 17-3 lead by the Bills. But Andre dropped two passes. The Giants then get in synch and eventually win the game. That's not Marv's fault.

few people know this but canadian football doesnt even use real players, those are actually animatronics. thats why canadian stadiums require a bac above 1.4 to get in, so fans never notice. and they are the bad chuck e cheese bear band kind of animatronics too. in fact thats why in 1981 they changed the laws to allow stronger alcohol content in canadian beer bc some canadian football fans were noticing the robot players burning oil, which had been happening all along but apparently fans began building up a tolerance. i heard they are preparing to make the weed stronger so that when it becomes legal there they can just use cardboard cutouts. true story

Thanks for the chuckle.