Marc Trestman is HC of Bears

kellysheroes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Trestman.

This is already being discussed in another thread.

I would be worried about his ability to put together a good staff.

Who would he hire as his DC?

But as a coach, I love Trestman.

As a CEO, I'm a bit less sure.

It sounds as if Marinelli is being retained

sounds like Aaron Kromer (one of the guys i thought marrone may target at oc) will be OC/O line coach for him

kromer is a good football mind. has some question marks after filling in for vitt, filling in for payton... but that was an odd situation

that actually amounts to a decent staff right off the bat for trestman.

Edited by NoSaint

Good hire? Maybe. Trestman is a good offensive mind but had to go to the CFL to get his HC credentials? NFL HC is more of a CEO than a X and O guy. The pendulum has swung the opposite way for the Bears. Last 2 HC have been defense oriented. Not sure this will ensure they progress to the next level but it is an intriguing hire.

Meanwhile Jerry Sullivan just trashed the Bills on Twitter about not interviewing Trestman

Jerry Sullivan@TBNSully

Meanwhile the Bills never interviewed Marc Trestman for two head coaching jobs but he's good enough to lead an iconic NFL franchise, Chicago

Did Trestman refuse to interview with the Bills in 2010 or did they actually speak with him? It's entirely possible they did contact him this time out, and he wasn't interested. We barely knew who they did speak with, after the fact.

Did Trestman refuse to interview with the Bills in 2010 or did they actually speak with him? It's entirely possible they did contact him this time out, and he wasn't interested. We barely knew who they did speak with, after the fact.

Jerry just had to think of something to complain about. I can imagine how he would dump all over the decision to hire Trestman if they had done it...