Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think you're that crazy. I like the idea of taking a look at him. I do think you would need to bring in an offensive mind to assist him. Wish he was more vocal however.

Talking with my brother earlier this morning, I had mentioned Lovie as my "wild guess" as next Bills coach.

While not awe-inspiring, I'd consider him.

Like you alluded to, I'd like my coach to be a bit more demonstrative.

Rather than sift through another team's ashes, let's put together a search plan and go after an actual/potential head coach, hold his feet to the fire in contract language regarding expectations/objectives over a specified time period, then give him the tools to do the job. Maybe that means an interim coach for now and some hard work digging out a real potential head coach.

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.

Rather than sift through another team's ashes, let's put together a search plan and go after an actual/potential head coach, hold his feet to the fire in contract language regarding expectations/objectives over a specified time period, then give him the tools to do the job. Maybe that means an interim coach for now and some hard work digging out a real potential head coach.

Have we always hired experienced head coaches with track records of consistent success, often in the face of adversity?

I don't get the love for Norv Turner. He's done nothing but lose since his Dallas days.

Norv has a winning record during his time in San Diego. Had a few good years with the Skins too - he got fired with a 7-6 record b/c the kicker missed 2 would be game winning FGs < 40 yd in the 4th of his last game as their coach.

Edit: He's also won playoff games.

Edited by Rob's House

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120608/article/jon-gruden-to-chargers-predictions-for-coach-gm-openings

Buffalo Bills

Out: Chan Gailey

My prediction: Lovie Smith. The Bills spent all that money on defense during the offseason, but the unit proved highly disappointing, ranking 22nd in total defense and 26th in scoring D. Smith can get the most out of those pricey defensive pieces. Ideally, you'd pair Smith with a strong offensive coordinator to get more consistency on that side of the ball as well.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT WITH THIS: Jairus Byrd's father Gil was on Lovie's staff in Chicago, if he brings Gil with him that makes it much more likely that Jairus would resign here.

Isn't that a line from Dr Suess' Horton Hears a Who?

I don't get the love for Norv Turner. He's done nothing but lose since his Dallas days.

Turner's name is coming up as an offensive coordinator, not as a head coach. He has generally excelled as an NFL offensive coordinator.