Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

ABSOLUTELY!

as mentioned in another thread- Smith is rock solid as a coach and was hampered (if not strangled) by the poor decisions of former GM Jerry Angelo who crippled the team when he made the trade for Jay Cutler. The Bears were playing wack-a-mole because of that deal- need a WR- OK sign Brandon Marshall- uh-oh, need a TE and a new OL! Uh-oh, smack down the injury prone mole of ageing LB Brian Urlacher!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because after three years we need to go back to Dick Jauron's "Tampa-2" 4-3. It's not the same 4-3 we have now, folks.

Just maybe we can find a coach that can alter his system to what we have rather than having to blow up the entire organization to fit what is in his play book. Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Charlie Casserly and Ian Rappaport think Buffalo would be a good place for Lovie:

http://www.nfl.com/v...nd-Lovie-Smith?

Like I said earlier/elsewhere, I'd be in favor of hiring Lovie contingent on who he can install as his offensive coordinator.

I'd personally love if he came here and brought Norv Turner as his OC.

Yes, because after three years we need to go back to Dick Jauron's "Tampa-2" 4-3. It's not the same 4-3 we have now, folks.

frankly, its not that different. and though its his base scheme, its not the only thing he calls all day.

i chuckled a bit when his name came up, but add some linebackers that can play in space and create turnovers and its 6 of one half dozen of the other between lovie and DW scheme wise.

Like I said earlier/elsewhere, I'd be in favor of hiring Lovie contingent on who he can install as his offensive coordinator.

I'd personally love if he came here and brought Norv Turner as his OC.

hes one of the first names that popped into my head for a defensive head coach.

terrible head coach but a good enough coordinator that he keeps getting shots!

From what I've read, seems the complaint in Chicago is that things just seemed stale or "old". No thanks. If that's the feeling he left everyone with in Chicago, I'm sure he'd bring that to Buffalo with him. No thank you.

Edited by ChasBB