NFL Black Monday for coaches and GMs

26CornerBlitz

I have zero problem with the organization going through this process. Most of the top coordinators who are candidates for head coaching postions aren't even available yet for interviews as they are in the playoffs! And if there is a big name coach out there willing to get back into it, he is not going to jump into a new job without checking out the market first unless he is already set on a particular team. I know it is asking a lot in this instant gratification society, but be patient and let the process work.

I agree with you but.....The early PR game is as integral to being strategic about this as anything else. Teams with a plan are already making noise.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you but.....The early PR game is as integral to being strategic about this as anything else. Teams with a plan are already making noise.

just because we dont tell espn the plan, doesnt mean there isnt a plan.

do you think ralph is just sitting around eating pudding, nix is sleeping in, and russ is figuring out his next viral marketing strategy on facebook?

Edited by NoSaint

And where has that gotten them so far?

No ones been hired or interviewed yet, just rumnors about who they may talk to

@JayGlazer, Mike Mularkey told #Jaguars players as far as he knows, he's still the head coach.

Did he do this over movies and cheeseburgers?

Got it, just saying they better not be too deliberate in their evaluation process.

Agreed.

@JayGlazer, Mike Mularkey told #Jaguars players as far as he knows, he's still the head coach.

If I were him, I wouldn't hold my breath.

just because we dont tell espn the plan, doesnt mean there isnt a plan.

do you think ralph is just sitting around eating pudding, nix is sleeping in, and russ is figuring out his next viral marketing strategy on facebook?

Agreed.

How is this PR game important? I don't recall the last team that made a lot of noise about its search for a head coach or GM that did well.

I think timing is key but I also think any team that has fired their coach had their oars in the water in candidates already, particularly if they're looking at the college coaches. Those coaches probably have interviews lined up, if not already had phone discussions. Chip Kelly likely has interviews scheduled already. And a guy like Gruden probably has as well.

The one name I'm surprised hasn't been rumored in anything I have seen yet is Cowher. Maybe he's made it known he's no longer looking to coach?

If Nix is gone I wouldn't mind bringing in Tom Heckert, who was whitewashed by the Browns. I think he's done a good job of bringing some solid talent in there. I'm sure his quarterback choices were dictated to a large extent by Holmgren, though I can't believe Weeden is being condemned after one year as a rookie. I think the Browns will be down for another 3 years. We'll see...

Heckert's drafts:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/tom_heckerts_draft_picks_as_cl.html

Can't agree. I say "No thanks" to any GM who uses the 3d pick in the draft on a RB and another 1st on a 29-year old QB.

How is this PR game important? I don't recall the last team that made a lot of noise about its search for a head coach or GM that did well.

because how would a coach or gm know we are actively interested unless its on twitter.

@RapSheet, it's "not looking good" for Lovie Smith's chances of staying with #Bears after missing playoffs for 5th time in 6 seasons.

Lovie Smith anyone?

can you imagine the howls if we went back to a tampa 2 defense! would be priceless.

Whats the hurry, I thought no decent HC or GM candidate would ever come anywhere near Buffalo anyways, so why do the Bills need to rush if only the scrap heep guys will come and interview, let alone take the job?

This is the sad truth. No one worth anything will come here. But at the very least it's nice to see some change to give us new "hope". :bag:

can you imagine the howls if we went back to a tampa 2 defense! would be priceless.

I'd take anything over the "defense" we play now.

This is the sad truth. No one worth anything will come here. But at the very least it's nice to see some change to give us new "hope". :bag:

I'd take anything over the "defense" we play now.

remember when we said that 3, 6, and 9 years ago?