And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too funny. Who really wants to win???

I do.

As always, this team winning this game is more valuable to our future than the slide in draft position. I want them to hold on and win this game. Losing is for losers, and the difference between #8 and #15, or whatever the maximum swing is is not as great as the act of winning for the the 35 or so guys who will be back next year. Only in forums is the act of losing beneficial, especially with the inexact science of the draft and all of the great players picked lower than less great players every single draft.

As always, this team winning this game is more valuable to our future than the slide in draft position. I want them to hold on and win this game. Losing is for losers, and the difference between #8 and #15, or whatever the maximum swing is is not as great as the act of winning for the the 35 or so guys who will be back next year. Only in forums is the act of losing beneficial, especially with the inexact science of the draft and all of the great players picked lower than less great players every single draft.

I think I agree with you.

I'm glad the team is playing for pride and not losing just to get a better draft position. If whoever the GM is after today really wants a certain player in the draft, they'll find a way, regardless of where the sit in the draft order. Sorry, but I can't believe all the whining cuz their winning. For those whining, the Jets need a replacement for fireman Ed.

This team plays their heart out when there's nothing left to fight for...

After Chan is fired and Fitz is cut, I would like to officially vote that Pigskin Altar does NOT become either our head coach or our QB, because he lacks the inherent commitment to playing to win regardless of score or standings that is really useful for a sport where commitment to playing to win is really really important (despite how hard Jauron told us it is).