And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, listen chief... I'm always happy to see this team win. I'm glad to see it today.

But again, they have a lot more fight now that the playoff chase is lost. Where was the fire when they were still in it?

I agree. My main complaint with this team has been the bad play and hopelessly embarrassing stretches (porous defense, disappointing QB play and late picks). This team has lacked the winning competitive fire, and I really would like them to start to learn to play with that (under a new coach) for 16 games X 60 minutes.

Can't draft 53. Some of these guys are going to need to learn to be winning football players or we are going to have to wait five years. I would rather have my:

2011 JJ Watt / Robert Quinn

2010 Pierre-Paul / Dez Bryant

2009 Orakpo / Cushing / Freeman

2008 Flacco / CJ2K

2007 Revis / Bowe

those types of players are available outside of the top 10 every year. I would be happy to have higher picks, but not at the cost of winning, and know that Maybin over Orakpo is a management/scouting decision, and not an unfortunate result of winning and sliding down the draft order.

I agree winning is important but ignoring that its easier to get a qb 5 spots earlier is also being dishonest. Sometimes the best way to learn to win is to get a winner at qb.

Play to win, don't be upset if we lose today.

Edited by NoSaint

Can't draft 53. Some of these guys are going to need to learn to be winning football players or we are going to have to wait five years. I would rather have my:

2011 JJ Watt / Robert Quinn

2010 Pierre-Paul / Dez Bryant

2009 Orakpo / Cushing / Freeman

2008 Flacco / CJ2K

2007 Revis / Bowe

those types of players are available outside of the top 10 every year. I would be happy to have higher picks, but not at the cost of winning, and know that Maybin over Orakpo is a management/scouting decision, and not an unfortunate result of winning and sliding down the draft order.

That's fine but it doesn't change that our #1 need is at the most premium position and every spot dropped lowers the chances of filling that need with a talented player.

Yea, but the further back you go the rougher it gets, and from 11 you CANNOT get to say #2.

Kaepernick hasn't done anything, Rodgers got to sit long term, etc... Odds of getting a real deal at the top are much better even if its a bit of dumb luck. I wouldn't think twice if we didnt need a qb specifically.

I'm not saying throw the game but its a bit bittersweet to win. I'm one of the ones most in your corner around here really.

I agree... if the Jets were to somehow pull it out despite our best efforts, I would optimistically take the draft position with a smile. But I want a team that will play hard every snap regardless, and not pack it in so that their replacements can be drafted higher. I really wish we had won previously and were finding a way to 7-9 today. And if we could have won two other games and been playing for 8-8 I think that would be awesome too.

Who (besides most of you) would spend anytime watching a game when they want their team to lose? Like I said, I'm fine with people wanting the Bills to lose. I don't, but I get it. But to actually watch the game and complain all game long. Don't any of you have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon? I could be doing a lot of things, but I wouldn't watch a game where I want my team to lose....its silly

I myself am doing a puzzle with my gf while her kids play with their Xmas presents. The game is on in the background.

I watched every game as well as others, after all i paid for Sunday ticket so it'd be silly not to.

We find it funny how terrible both these teams are. Shouldn't people be able to laugh and complain about them? Fan therapy?

That's fine but it doesn't change that our #1 need is at the most premium position and every spot dropped lowers the chances of filling that need with a talented player.

Who are you taking #1? I just don't see the Andrew Luck available this year. Luck and Manning are players who I would lose for. Not sure who the third example is. You want to draft in the Ponder slot instead of the Freeman slot? I like better picks all over the place, but I like winning more.

The draft is a crapshoot (where having better positions helps) and we are not historically very good at it. I hope we do awesome wherever we are drafting, and move up if needed. But right now I want to win, and am glad at least 53 people seem to be agreeing with me.

Ugh - 3 tds for Tolbert in Carolina today... I wanted him in our backfield for short yardage. How different our season would be with a few plays inside the 5 or in and 1 situations being converted instead of turnovers. I get trying to have a guy that matches Freddy and spiller but I wanted that bowling ball

howard@hsimon62

BTW that whole Brandon met with Jon Gruden thing was apparently legit but some speculation #Bills gathering info about Jay Gruden

From Howard Simon? And talking to Jon about his brother Jay?

Interesting.

Alex Carrington. He should replace Dareus..

More likely he should replace Kyle Williams.

Ugh - 3 tds for Tolbert in Carolina today... I wanted him in our backfield for short yardage. How different our season would be with a few plays inside the 5 or in and 1 situations being converted instead of turnovers. I get trying to have a guy that matches Freddy and spiller but I wanted that bowling ball

You and me both, as we've mentioned numerous times this season.

He's a premier short yardage, goal line guy.