And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mind a loss, but this kinda feel good considering what the jets did to us in week one.. I paid a hefty fine at that game for beating the brakes off a Jets fan... The best part of the season, has been posting with you guys.. Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Explain how winning this game helps this team in any possible way. It does nothing except ensure that their draft position is lower in each and every round of the draft.

Because it keeps us from being the doormats, it keeps us from being 0-6 in the division, and it lets some of the guys coming back have a better winning experience and learn to win more than if they lost.

Remember that the 35 guys coming back next year will matter a lot more to this team's next season than the three guys we will pick with our first three picks (I'm not even going to count draft position in rounds 4-7 where smart or lucky beats slot every year). Building a winning tradition and a focus on winning matters way more than the crap shoot pecking order between #6 and #13.

Remember this is not costing us Andrew Luck. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft, and we were not going in the top 5 no matter what.

I am pissed about the 10 times we showed up and couldn't seal the deal this year, not the six times we did. I really really wish we had found a way to be 7-9 instead of 6-10. And I would have like 8-8 even better. 9-7 and missing the playoffs would have been awesomely better too.

Winning football games is very very valuable, even when we have our eyes in the draft.

He could be wrong but FWIW Simon confirmed that a meeting took place.

I was getting at the fact that sources have confirmed a lot of conflicting stuff this week.... And the way Simon worded it didn't inspire my confidence to get excited yet. Vague, and with some guesswork mixed in sounds like its.... Atleast shaky to bank on.

Even if true they met, what if it was to talk about Marc trestman or if he rebuffed them saying he wasn't interested.

The tweet was attention seeking more then fact sharing and that always tosses up some red flags for me. That's all.

Edited by NoSaint

Because it keeps us from being the doormats, it keeps us from being 0-6 in the division, and it lets some of the guys coming back have a better winning experience and learn to win more than if they lost.

Remember that the 35 guys coming back next year will matter a lot more to this team's next season than the three guys we will pick with our first three picks (I'm not even going to count draft position in rounds 4-7 where smart or lucky beats slot every year). Building a winning tradition and a focus on winning matters way more than the crap shoot pecking order between #6 and #13.

Remember this is not costing us Andrew Luck. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft, and we were not going in the top 5 no matter what.

I am pissed about the 10 times we showed up and couldn't seal the deal this year, not the six times we did. I really really wish we had found a way to be 7-9 instead of 6-10. And I would have like 8-8 even better. 9-7 and missing the playoffs would have been awesomely better too.

Winning football games is very very valuable, even when we have our eyes in the draft.

What a crock...the game was about as meaningless as meaningless can get!

How exactly do you know that winning this game doesn't cost the Bills their future QB? I know I'd be happier with a loss and a better draft pick

BTW, in case you missed it the Bills beat the Dolphins once this year, so now they are 2-4 in the division

Edited by FeartheLosing