And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

So in the battle of mediocre quarterbacks, Sanchez totally outshone Fitz. Must be nice for Fitz to not be piled on by everyone for a change. Ya still get rid of him. He misfired on a five yard throw in the first half to a wide open receiver and Johnson was making him look good all game.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a crock...the game was about as meaningless as meaningless can get!

How exactly do you know that winning this game doesn't cost the Bills their future QB? I know I'd be happier with a loss and a better draft pick

I don't know, but I can tell you that losing it we could have picked no higher than #7 (#8 if Arizona wins before looking at tie breakers), and the list of great QBs drafted between #7 and where we end up picking is pretty short. Go ahead and pull them up for me, and I will compare them to the list of great QBs drafted from where we end up and after.

No game is meaningless. Winning football games is really important both as the end goal, and in terms of building a winning culture. 8-8 and 4-12 both have you not drafting #1 and not going to the playoffs. If you prefer 5-11 to 8-8, good luck with that and building a winning franchise.

Because it keeps us from being the doormats, it keeps us from being 0-6 in the division, and it lets some of the guys coming back have a better winning experience and learn to win more than if they lost.

Remember that the 35 guys coming back next year will matter a lot more to this team's next season than the three guys we will pick with our first three picks (I'm not even going to count draft position in rounds 4-7 where smart or lucky beats slot every year). Building a winning tradition and a focus on winning matters way more than the crap shoot pecking order between #6 and #13.

Remember this is not costing us Andrew Luck. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft, and we were not going in the top 5 no matter what.

I am pissed about the 10 times we showed up and couldn't seal the deal this year, not the six times we did. I really really wish we had found a way to be 7-9 instead of 6-10. And I would have like 8-8 even better. 9-7 and missing the playoffs would have been awesomely better too.

Winning football games is very very valuable, even when we have our eyes in the draft.

They beat the Dolphins which negates the divisional 0-6 part of your argument, and they just beat a Jets team that completely didn't give a sh--. There is some kind of honor in beating up a team that is laying down for you - and not even that handily? This will cost them s shot at this year's best Qb and I don't care if he's not Luck. Every spot matters. If they feel good about themselves because they won this game after throwing away many opportunities, shame on them. That you see the silver lining in this win is a symptom of Stockholm Syndrome. You must have been positively giddy when Jauron finished the season on a high note, compared to this.

They beat the Dolphins which negates the divisional 0-6 part of your argument, and they just beat a Jets team that completely didn't give a sh--. There is some kind of honor in beating up a team that is laying down for you - and not even that handily? This will cost them s shot at this year's best Qb and I don't care if he's not Luck. Every spot matters. If they feel good about themselves because they won this game after throwing away many opportunities, shame on them. That you see the silver lining in this win is a symptom of Stockholm Syndrome. You must have been positively giddy when Jauron finished the season on a high note, compared to this.

Huh?

This years top QB huh? If there was a definite number 1 QB this year he certainly wouldn't go outside the top 5 and even losing the best the Bills would have picked would be at 6. Now they are at worst picking at 10, maybe at 8 or 9 if they are lucky.

Oops on the fish. I still like 2-4 better than 1-5, and only being swept by one division opponent.

And with Carolina winning and San Diego likely to win, and Arizona and Oakland to lose, the full range of 5-11 to 6-10 draft slots will go from #6 to #10. I just don't see us crying over where we fall in that range. Every draft has good players taken 10 and later and bad players taken in the top 6. Glad to have won, and now I hope we draft well wherever we end up.

I don't know, but I can tell you that losing it we could have picked no higher than #7 (#8 if Arizona wins before looking at tie breakers), and the list of great QBs drafted between #7 and where we end up picking is pretty short. Go ahead and pull them up for me, and I will compare them to the list of great QBs drafted from where we end up and after.

No game is meaningless. Winning football games is really important both as the end goal, and in terms of building a winning culture. 8-8 and 4-12 both have you not drafting #1 and not going to the playoffs. If you prefer 5-11 to 8-8, good luck with that and building a winning franchise.

A Winning culture to who? To the new set of coaches? To the players dumped by the new set of coaches? This game was meaningless in terms of wins.

The ultimate goal every year is to make the playoffs and eventually get to the super bowl. Anything less then the playoffs is meaningless. Like I stated the Jets HC was smart enough to allow his team to lose.

IMO if you can't make the playoffs the next important thing happens in April

good points :thumbsup: Edited by FeartheLosing

Oops on the fish. I still like 2-4 better than 1-5, and only being swept by one division opponent.

And with Carolina winning and San Diego likely to win, and Arizona and Oakland to lose, the full range of 5-11 to 6-10 draft slots will go from #6 to #10. I just don't see us crying over where we fall in that range. Every draft has good players taken 10 and later and bad players taken in the top 6. Glad to have won, and now I hope we draft well wherever we end up.

Consider that three spots higher would have landed us Roethlisberger, among numerous other examples. No one is arguing that drafting well wherever they are isn't paramount. But if you can't do the simple math of more players being drafted meaning you have fewer to choose from, I cannot help you. Draft higher and you control your destiny. Draft lower and you have less control, AND teams can trade ahead of you knowing your needs (as announced by our GM).

We've seen the "positive effects" of winning meaningless, late season games.

In short, there are no positive effects. There is no "carryover."

We haven't prospered from it but I think stringing a few wins can help culture in the offseason. Winning this game, I don't think qualifies. I don't ever want the team saying "ok guys lets go lose but make it look good" though.