And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost us between 0-3 spots. Had a chance at #6 with a loss, going to get between 7-9 now.

This. Also a loss would have worsened our SoS because the Jets twice would be a more winning team, so I think we likely would not have had a chance at #6. My guess is that this was 1-2 spots looking at the numbers. I will take a win over the difference from 7 to 9 or so.

Go Bills!

This. Also a loss would have worsened our SoS because the Jets twice would be a more winning team, so I think we likely would not have had a chance at #6. My guess is that this was 1-2 spots looking at the numbers. I will take a win over the difference from 7 to 9 or so.

Go Bills!

Too right. I am so glad to see such sensible posts emerging from the early miasma of "we have to lose or we can never draft a QB... we have to lose because smart fans know the only way to win is to lose" yadda yadda.

Too right. I am so glad to see such sensible posts emerging from the early miasma of "we have to lose or we can never draft a QB... we have to lose because smart fans know the only way to win is to lose" yadda yadda.

Meh, we likely lost about a round 3 pick worth of draft value in the end. Not huge. Truly, I was ok with my Sunday afternoon either way.

I don't know, but I can tell you that losing it we could have picked no higher than #7 (#8 if Arizona wins before looking at tie breakers), and the list of great QBs drafted between #7 and where we end up picking is pretty short. Go ahead and pull them up for me, and I will compare them to the list of great QBs drafted from where we end up and after.

No game is meaningless. Winning football games is really important both as the end goal, and in terms of building a winning culture. 8-8 and 4-12 both have you not drafting #1 and not going to the playoffs. If you prefer 5-11 to 8-8, good luck with that and building a winning franchise.

So explain to me in what Universe winning this game makes us 8-8. We will finish 6-10 instead of 5-11. Winning will have cost us position in the draft in every single round. If we were playing for 8-8 then yes, winning makes sense. But playing for 6-10 instead of 5-11 makes no sense at all. It actually hurts the team's chances in the long term.

This is a sad commentary that it has come down to true fans hoping for losses in later games. Why was CJ in so late when the game was out of hand? Someone should have told Chan, who is already gone and doesn't care to pull him. He had his chance to play him early in the season when we were still under the illusion that we had a playoff team. That would be great for Chans legacy, a career ending injury to CJ in his last game with the game already decided.

The win costs us a great fit at LB, not QB.

Always better to win, Astro - especially against AssClown Rex Ryan & the NJ Jets - and I doubt the "W" cost us much in terms of the draft.

Maybe my optimism is unrealistic - I still think we'll have a shot at Manti Te'o in RD 1. (If not, how can you pass on a guy named Barkevious Mingo???)

Also think we'll still grab either Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, or Ryan Nassib in RD 2 - possibly even trade back into RD 1 for Barkley or Smith.

JMO.

Always better to win, Astro - especially against AssClown Rex Ryan & the NJ Jets - and I doubt the "W" cost us much in terms of the draft.

Maybe my optimism is unrealistic - I still think we'll have a shot at Manti Te'o in RD 1. (If not, how can you pass on a guy named Barkevious Mingo???)

Also think we'll still grab either Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, or Ryan Nassib in RD 2 - possibly even trade back into RD 1 for Barkley or Smith.

JMO.

You also think we're going 16-0 every year and that Mike Leach is a phone call away from overseeing an NFL dynasty. If they want Jones they must draft him in R1. If they wanted Smith, they just lost him today.

You also think we're going 16-0 every year and that Mike Leach is a phone call away from overseeing an NFL dynasty. If they want Jones they must draft him in R1. If they wanted Smith, they just lost him today.

What is wrong with anything he said for you to insult the way he thinks?? It's a shame more bills don't have his attitude of optimism if you ask me

What is wrong with anything he said for you to insult the way he thinks?? It's a shame more bills don't have his attitude of optimism if you ask me

I like The Senator and know he's half kidding. No insults intended. That said, the Bills cost themselves more than they helped themselves today. On this I am firm.

Au contraire, mon frère - I think we're going 19 and 0 baby!!!! :beer:

Leach is firmly ensconced in Pullman, Washington until he turns the Cougars' program around and/or finishes his next book - a biography of Geronimo. (Apparently the Mad Scientist of Football has eschewed his pirate image in favor of the Apache tribe - he may even have even traded in his pirate's sword for a peace pipe, given the recent cannabis legalization in the Evergreen State.)

However, I would be more than pleased to take Leach protoge Dana Holgerson in the former pirate's stead, IF we could work some sort of package deal for Geno Smith and the Mountaineers' head coach. If not, IMHO, Landry Jones will most certainly be there for the taking when the Bills pick in RD 2...

GO BILLSSS!!!!