And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

As one who has taken your position in the past, I respectfully disagree. They ARE losers. What they are doing right now is making it harder to build a winner next year by addressing their needs. They need a QB and it will be harder to come by a good one the later they draft.

Not really. The Bills cannot draft period. Their best players except one are DJ holdovers. Who cares what their position is? They will blow the pick anyways.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After Chan is fired and Fitz is cut, I would like to officially vote that Pigskin Altar does NOT become either our head coach or our QB, because he lacks the inherent commitment to playing to win regardless of score or standings that is really useful for a sport where commitment to playing to win is really really important (despite how hard Jauron told us it is).

Hey, listen chief... I'm always happy to see this team win. I'm glad to see it today.

But again, they have a lot more fight now that the playoff chase is lost. Where was the fire when they were still in it?

Who says people aren't multitasking?

Who (besides most of you) would spend anytime watching a game when they want their team to lose? Like I said, I'm fine with people wanting the Bills to lose. I don't, but I get it. But to actually watch the game and complain all game long. Don't any of you have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon? I could be doing a lot of things, but I wouldn't watch a game where I want my team to lose....its silly

Can't agree at all. The players that are coming back next year know how bad this team was. Winning this game means nothing. The Jets know that and are being smart about it. They are making sure that they lose so they get a better draft pick. Any time winning meant anything this team showed how little heart they have. Again, winning a meaningless final game of the season only ensures that they will not get the player that they so desperately need in the draft. Where were these guys when the Jets completely embarrassed them to open the season? That game meant 10x more than this one and they showed their true colors. I have been watching this pattern for 10 years and am sick of it. For once, please Buffalo Bills do something smart and lose this damned game.

So by winning this game it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to trade up to get the guy you want? Can't buy that.

Not really. The Bills cannot draft period. Their best players except one are DJ holdovers. Who cares what their position is? They will blow the pick anyways.

Oh so drafting later this past year and costing themselves, say, Cordy Glenn in R2 would have had no discernable effects, right?

Except for Brees, Rodgers, Dalton, Kapernick, Brady vs Russell, Sanchez, Akili Smith, Couch, etc.

Don't let Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck cause confusion. Top picks are great, but a lot can happen, and I would rather give up a Tarrell Troup pick to move up a little if needed than lose to get that slot.

Yea, but the further back you go the rougher it gets, and from 11 you CANNOT get to say #2.

Kaepernick hasn't done anything, Rodgers got to sit long term, etc... Odds of getting a real deal at the top are much better even if its a bit of dumb luck. I wouldn't think twice if we didnt need a qb specifically.

I'm not saying throw the game but its a bit bittersweet to win. I'm one of the ones most in your corner around here really.

Can't agree at all. The players that are coming back next year know how bad this team was. Winning this game means nothing. The Jets know that and are being smart about it. They are making sure that they lose so they get a better draft pick. Any time winning meant anything this team showed how little heart they have. Again, winning a meaningless final game of the season only ensures that they will not get the player that they so desperately need in the draft. Where were these guys when the Jets completely embarrassed them to open the season? That game meant 10x more than this one and they showed their true colors. I have been watching this pattern for 10 years and am sick of it. For once, please Buffalo Bills do something smart and lose this damned game.

This.

As one who has taken your position in the past, I respectfully disagree. They ARE losers. What they are doing right now is making it harder to build a winner next year by addressing their needs. They need a QB and it will be harder to come by a good one the later they draft.

While normally I might agree. This draft is completely different than the last 2. There is no clear cut number 1 QB. In fact I'm doubtful a Qb goes number 1 overall. Maybe not in the top 5 at all. The Bills might be in the perfect position to get the 2nd best QB in the draft. Who knows?

Can't draft 53. Some of these guys are going to need to learn to be winning football players or we are going to have to wait five years. I would rather have my:

2011 JJ Watt / Robert Quinn

2010 Pierre-Paul / Dez Bryant

2009 Orakpo / Cushing / Freeman

2008 Flacco / CJ2K

2007 Revis / Bowe

those types of players are available outside of the top 10 every year. I would be happy to have higher picks, but not at the cost of winning, and know that Maybin over Orakpo is a management/scouting decision, and not an unfortunate result of winning and sliding down the draft order.

Who (besides most of you) would spend anytime watching a game when they want their team to lose? Like I said, I'm fine with people wanting the Bills to lose. I don't, but I get it. But to actually watch the game and complain all game long. Don't any of you have anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon? I could be doing a lot of things, but I wouldn't watch a game where I want my team to lose....its silly

We have just as much right to watch the game and hope that the Bills lose as you do to watch it and hope that they win a meaningless game. To me that is what is silly. Losing today makes sense for the good of the franchise. Winning does not. It is silly.

While normally I might agree. This draft is completely different than the last 2. There is no clear cut number 1 QB. In fact I'm doubtful a Qb goes number 1 overall. Maybe not in the top 5 at all. The Bills might be in the perfect position to get the 2nd best QB in the draft. Who knows?

At this point they have screwed the pooch so badly on field I just want the best chance to get the best players.

We have just as much right to watch the game and hope that the Bills lose as you do to watch it and hope that they win a meaningless game. To me that is what is silly. Losing today makes sense for the good of the franchise. Winning does not. It is silly.

ok