And finally, mercifully, it ended: 12/30/2012, NYJ @ BILLS GAME THREAD

I do.

As always, this team winning this game is more valuable to our future than the slide in draft position. I want them to hold on and win this game. Losing is for losers, and the difference between #8 and #15, or whatever the maximum swing is is not as great as the act of winning for the the 35 or so guys who will be back next year. Only in forums is the act of losing beneficial, especially with the inexact science of the draft and all of the great players picked lower than less great players every single draft.

Only hesitation is we need a qb and we can target a guy at 6 (or trade up). At 11 we may get stuck with whatever's left. Otherwise in all about winning.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do.

As always, this team winning this game is more valuable to our future than the slide in draft position. I want them to hold on and win this game. Losing is for losers, and the difference between #8 and #15, or whatever the maximum swing is is not as great as the act of winning for the the 35 or so guys who will be back next year. Only in forums is the act of losing beneficial, especially with the inexact science of the draft and all of the great players picked lower than less great players every single draft.

Well put my friend.

I do.

Yep the colts are losers but wait there going to the playoffs.... but really dont care as there's a change of all coaches on this team !

I do.

As one who has taken your position in the past, I respectfully disagree. They ARE losers. What they are doing right now is making it harder to build a winner next year by addressing their needs. They need a QB and it will be harder to come by a good one the later they draft.

Only hesitation is we need a qb and we can target a guy at 6 (or trade up). At 11 we may get stuck with whatever's left. Otherwise in all about winning.

Except for Brees, Rodgers, Dalton, Kapernick, Brady vs Russell, Sanchez, Akili Smith, Couch, etc.

Don't let Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck cause confusion. Top picks are great, but a lot can happen, and I would rather give up a Tarrell Troup pick to move up a little if needed than lose to get that slot.

Bills are fools for trying to win this game. Complete fools.

jumbalaya was just added to my list of people not to coach our team after Chan is fired.

ALWAYS TRY TO WIN.

Regardless of score and regardless of standings. It is a good habit to learn, and helps build better football teams. Look at history over the last decade. There is more correlation between winning games in previous years and winning more games later, than between losing your way to better picks and then starting to win all of a sudden. If winning football games is your long term goal, start practicing it at every opportunity as early as possible.

I do.

Can't agree at all. The players that are coming back next year know how bad this team was. Winning this game means nothing. The Jets know that and are being smart about it. They are making sure that they lose so they get a better draft pick. Any time winning meant anything this team showed how little heart they have. Again, winning a meaningless final game of the season only ensures that they will not get the player that they so desperately need in the draft. Where were these guys when the Jets completely embarrassed them to open the season? That game meant 10x more than this one and they showed their true colors. I have been watching this pattern for 10 years and am sick of it. For once, please Buffalo Bills do something smart and lose this damned game.