Ralph Wilson in town according to Sullivan's Twitter

TheFunPolice

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...With the nonsense in DC I doubt Ralph's advisors have any clue what the tax rates will be next week on anyone. I go with the idea he wanted to come back and see his friends knowing with his age and health he might not get another chance. :(

I'd bet most billionaires have a pretty good idea what's going to happen in Washington.

Really good point - that's actually very significant.

Companies and rich elderly are dumping left and right - whatever the final result on taxes, all the money is betting there will be significant increases in estate and capital gains taxes.

Yup

For those going to the game, what is the smoke color over the stadium offices?

:lol:

Unless he passes by New Year's Eve, why would this make a difference?

He's saying the 35% capital gains rate now is better than the 55% death tax later.

...With the nonsense in DC I doubt Ralph's advisors have any clue what the tax rates will be next week on anyone. I go with the idea he wanted to come back and see his friends knowing with his age and health he might not get another chance. :(

I think successful people tend to make decisions based on weighing numerous factors.

In other words, all the hypothetical reasons for Ralph's visit could be true to varying degrees.

His visit doesn't have to be based on one reason.

Jimmy Haslem III, who just purchased the Browns for $1B(or became majority owner anyway) is ranked 360th on Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, with a net worth of $1.2B

Robert Rich Jr. is 190th on that list with a net worth of $2.4B. He is 71. He is a vocal supporter of Buffalo sports and has owned the Bisons since '83. I do not have any knowledge of whether or not he has publicly stated an interest in buying the team, but based on the way he has lived his life and his love for Buffalo sports, I find it extremely hard to believe that he would not be interested in purchasing a majority stake in owning the Bills. Just sell the damn team to him already. It should have happened years ago.

He likes to attend games, and hasn't been in good enough health. Very possible that its the last chance to see a game, visit with everyone etc.... for an extended period, that hes feeling good and (forgive me for this) he realizes at his age "ill do it next year" isn't certain anymore.

Nice post. My thoughts as well. Tired of the hateful posts.

I'm not sure about transfer of ownership procedures (as far as "giving" the team to relatives), but for a sale, I understand there is a legal requirement to submit a (publicly available) Notice of Intent. If there was a sale to made before the New Year, I have to believe we would know by now.

OTOH, I think we can expect a significant change in the top tiers of team management coming soon. Something like Brandon becoming the de facto owner. Time will tell.

I wouldn’t have high hopes all this Bills have done in recent years is going in circle. I have never been a Ralph Wilson basher but at 94 it is about time someone else takes over as an owner and Robert Rich Jr. would be great. The Bills are a Buffalo institution so renewal of the stadium lease and the sale of the club to an owner dedicated to the area would good news. But all this is speculation let’s wait and see.

He likes to attend games, and hasn't been in good enough health. Very possible that its the last chance to see a game, visit with everyone etc.... for an extended period, that hes feeling good and (forgive me for this) he realizes at his age "ill do it next year" isn't certain anymore.

Well stated

If Ralph will be in attendance tomorrow, the 40,000 empty seats will be even more powerful now.

That, may be a possible impact. It's also very possible he's gathering more information on the situation. Getting a feel for the atmosphere before a decision.

Jimmy Haslem III, who just purchased the Browns for $1B(or became majority owner anyway) is ranked 360th on Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, with a net worth of $1.2B

Robert Rich Jr. is 190th on that list with a net worth of $2.4B. He is 71. He is a vocal supporter of Buffalo sports and has owned the Bisons since '83. I do not have any knowledge of whether or not he has publicly stated an interest in buying the team, but based on the way he has lived his life and his love for Buffalo sports, I find it extremely hard to believe that he would not be interested in purchasing a majority stake in owning the Bills. Just sell the damn team to him already. It should have happened years ago.

Great point.....I don't know why this is not brought up more. Seems like an obvious fit

Am I the only one that would find it absolutely hilarious if NOTHING changed in the off season?

I'd say from what's out there it's bordering on a coin flip.

With the mess that is sports journalism - Thurman's tweet and a little guess work could've spiraled into an article, and now 8 other guys are reporting on that article acting like they have a source, then every word is viewed through the lense of "everyone's reporting this already - I bet it's another sign." The three things we know is nix tends to shoot things pretty straight and likes continuity unless a better option is clearly available, the last month sucked, and there is VERY LITTLE in the way of leaks in Ralph's inner circle. From there it's all guess work.