Bills won’t take a look at Tarvaris Jackson in finale

Martimus

The Bills traded for quarterback Tarvaris Jackson before the season, but he’s spent the first 15 games of the season on the inactive list.

It sounds like he’ll spend the 16th game of the season there as well. Bills coach Chan Gailey said Monday that he isn’t going to be using the game against the Jets to take a look at younger players or backups, which includes giving Ryan Fitzpatrick the start at quarterback even as it seems likelier and likelier that Fitz is done in Buffalo. Gailey said that he believes Fitzpatrick gives the team the best chance to win and that’s his only consideration when it comes to making out the lineup for Week 17.

“The best players are going to play,” Gailey said, via the team’s website. ” They've earned the right to play. They want to play in the games, that’s what they want to do — they want to play in the games. They've earned the right to play, and if they’re ready to go, the best players are going to play.” They are both delusional...... one thinks he's a great coach and the other thinks he's a great quarterback? Get rid of both of them!

The Bills traded for quarterback Tarvaris Jackson before the season, but he’s spent the first 15 games of the season on the inactive list.

It sounds like he’ll spend the 16th game of the season there as well. Bills coach Chan Gailey said Monday that he isn’t going to be using the game against the Jets to take a look at younger players or backups, which includes giving Ryan Fitzpatrick the start at quarterback even as it seems likelier and likelier that Fitz is done in Buffalo. Gailey said that he believes Fitzpatrick gives the team the best chance to win and that’s his only consideration when it comes to making out the lineup for Week 17.

“The best players are going to play,” Gailey said, via the team’s website. ” They've earned the right to play. They want to play in the games, that’s what they want to do — they want to play in the games. They've earned the right to play, and if they’re ready to go, the best players are going to play.” They are both delusional...... one thinks he's a great coach and the other thinks he's a great quarterback? Get rid of both of them!

It sounds like he knows he won't be here next year.

this is Chan's last chance to try and save his job so no surprise he wont be using it to evaluate younger players

Chan also doesnt want to deal with the what if questions if they played Jackson and he actually looked good

TJax trade is a great reason why this organization fails

No doubt. If one player displays the way this organization has operated for nearly two decades it is Jackson. Give up a draft pick for someone, cut Vince Young in the process (not that that was loss), and never even see what he can do. Then he leaves via free agency? Make no sense at all. Kinda like buying a car, leave it in the driveway for a year without getting in it then give it away?

this is Chan's last chance to try and save his job so no surprise he wont be using it to evaluate younger players

Chan also doesnt want to deal with the what if questions if they played Jackson and he actually looked good

I would certainly hope that nothing can save Chan's job, but I am sure you are correct that that is his thinking. He is backed into a corner by the fans and hopefully management, so he wants to win.

Care to cite ProFootballTalk before passing their words off as your own?

No doubt. If one player displays the way this organization has operated for nearly two decades it is Jackson. Give up a draft pick for someone, cut Vince Young in the process (not that that was loss), and never even see what he can do. Then he leaves via free agency? Make no sense at all. Kinda like buying a car, leave it in the driveway for a year without getting in it then give it away?

i think this happens with low draft picks and backup type players more often than most fans realize.

i think this happens with low draft picks and backup type players more often than most fans realize.

The thing is that some fans view Tarvaris as a better QB than Fitzpicks. They are actually quite similar stats wise. Jackson has a better record in fewer starts and a better QB rating. Fitz has a slightly better completion percentage. Both average less than 6 yards per attempt over their careers.

Its utterly inconceivable that considering Fitz' continued poor play that Thigpen could not get into a game and / or stayed on the roster and TJax could not get a sniff of playing time. Chan is deaf, dumb and blind..... I apologize, I don't mean to disparage deaf, dumb and blind people by grouping them with Chan.

Edited by jumbalaya

At this point I dont want him in there....Fitz cant beat the Jets and we need to lose this last game so we dont fall in draft position in a meaningless game.......

What I do hope is that incoming mgt and coaching can convince TJ to stick around and compete for a job....knowing that the current HC wont be deciding who the starting QB is

At this point I dont want him in there....Fitz cant beat the Jets and we need to lose this last game so we dont fall in draft position in a meaningless game.......

What I do hope is that incoming mgt and coaching can convince TJ to stick around and compete for a job....knowing that the current HC wont be deciding who the starting QB is

Good point.

Anyone know who the Jest are starting this week?

I'm sure this is it. It's a no win situation for Gailey. If Jackson plays and bombs then he is one step closer to the door. If Jackson plays and looks good then he is one step closer to the door. No win by playing Jackson.