Chan, really nice guy. Gotta go.

I've watched pretty much every press conference with Chan Gailey. He says the same stuff every week. I really like the guy. I just think he's not a head coach. He may be very smart at designing plays. He's had a lot of success creating plays capitalizing on the strengths of his players. Problem is, we don't have enough good players.

Fitz is not an NFL calibre qb. On another team he would probably have been cut in preseason. The reason he's still on our team is because he is smart enough to understand Chan's plan. He just doesn't have the physical tools to get this job done. How many deep throws has he completed all season? 5?

Plus, a head coach cannot be the playcaller. When since Bill Walsh has that worked? Plus, Walsh had Montana at QB.

Chan has to go. I'd consider keeping him as OC, but as head coach, he is history.

I agree, I wish there was some reason for the Bills to retain him as I didnt want another rebuild and think the lack of continuity hurts the team but I see nothing that bodes well for the teams future with Chan at the helm. Times up.

He made his bed with Fitzpatrick and now he has to sleep in it.

I killed Chan yesterday in post so I don't think I will add anything more then I agree he seems genuine and a real nice guy. I can understand why players like him. Sadly for Chan the results just aren't there. It's time to fire Chan after the Jets game win or lose and I hope the fans who go to the game make this point known.

Outside of injury updates press conferences in general are a waste of time. Every coach repeats himself every week so I really don't get why anyone even bothers listening to them

There hv been plenty of coaches that call their own plays. I believe Harbaugh does it now and Reid did it up until few years ago to name a few

I'm ok with head coach calling plays as long as he is a good play caller and can still manage the game. Problem with Chan is he can't do either

Edited by Max997

Plus, a head coach cannot be the playcaller. When since Bill Walsh has that worked? Plus, Walsh had Montana at QB.

This is the #1 problem that the Bills need to address in the offseason. Nobody can wear both those hats in the modern NFL and still manage a game efficiently.

If they walk into next season with a similar dynamic, it's over before it even starts.

This is the #1 problem that the Bills need to address in the offseason. Nobody can wear both those hats in the modern NFL and still manage a game efficiently.

If they walk into next season with a similar dynamic, it's over before it even starts.

Is this a back-door way of saying Ralph is cheap? If not, then it seems logical to let our Off Coor. call plays.

yeah not ready to automatically throw chan out with the bath water. the baby may still arrive

if they do make a change i wont bemoan it, but im fine with another season and a short hook

Umm.... That isn't bathwater, and that's certainly no baby floating in it.

Time to flush this staff. -Nothing here worth keeping.

Chan says that he is getting closer to figuring out what it takes to get this team over the hump - No he isn't! We had a weak schedule this year & he couldn't even get us to 8 - 8.

I didn't like Dave Wanstadt as LB coach year, he did a terrible job in preseason and the fact that he wasn't sent packing during the bye week is enough to clean house.

Nix & Chan have been here for 3 years & we don't even have a decent QB on the roster! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!! Next!

I think Chan should go as well but there are lots of coaches that have been coordinators and HC and done well. Andy Reid prior to the last two years was a good example. Gruden called the plays with Tampa Bay. Shanahan called his own plays during and after the SuperBowl years. Sean Peyton called the plays for Brees en route to the Super Bowl. So yes it can be done in the modern NFL...

Of the ten topics shown on TBD right now, three of them are about Gailey's inadequacy as a head coach. I think the sentiment is pretty much universal. As I said in a different thread, if Gailey's title is changed to "Assistant to the Offensive Coordinator for Suggesting Screen Plays" then he would be above average. As far as keeping him as a head coach for another year, I'll let Sir Charles say it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsReWvglK_I

I think Chan should go as well but there are lots of coaches that have been coordinators and HC and done well. Andy Reid prior to the last two years was a good example. Gruden called the plays with Tampa Bay. Shanahan called his own plays during and after the SuperBowl years. Sean Peyton called the plays for Brees en route to the Super Bowl. So yes it can be done in the modern NFL...

I agree. Too many here are either still too stunned to find out Chan's not a good OC, or they simply refuse to accept it. What added work is there for an OC to be HC on game day? Accept or defer on the coin flip, time outs and challenges.

the problem is he tries to win too much with smoke and mirrors....and is a OC trying to be a HC

- Smoke and Mirrors gets figured out eventually

- He is afraid to stick his head into a defensive meeting.....he should be breaking the damn boombox in the defensive meeting...

Do they even have a defensive meeting to game plan for an opponent ? They play the same way every down. No blitzing or situational adjustments.

Chans a good asset to an offensive staff....but makes very poor adjustments if he makes any to be a head coach. No head coach should ever just throw the keys to his defense completely, in doing so whats the point of having a head coach

Edited by BILLriant