Draft Order Now highest is #4, lowest is #10

djp14150

Does it really matter?

if Buddy Nix is still doing the drafting the Bills could have the first overall pick and still screw it up. A DB or RB no doubt...

Darn Buddy Nix's stupid draft formula got us some lame runningback named CJ Spiller... oh wait. Nix has done a fine job drafting (aside from the major TJ Graham trade up gaffe). Go ahead and point out that he picked Williams over Dalton, but Williams was a late first round prospect who many teams wanted while most had questions about Dalton.

If we are going to draft anything but a QB or WR in the first, it should be Manti Te'o. If not and you don't like any QBs or WRs there then trade down and pick up more picks.

2013 Draft Wish List:

1. Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State; 6-4 - 256. BEAST. I want to rush the passer on every single play.

2. Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee; 6-4 - 200. We need more explosiveness on offense other than CJ - especially at WR.

3. Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma; 6'4 - 220. He may not be here in the 3rd, but I'd be extremely happy w/him at this spot.

I like your thought process very much, but we need to draft Landry earlier. Depends where we wind up but definitely in Round 2 and maybe even in Round 1 especially after considering how QB values get inflated at draft time. But love all all of your picks....

With Jax apparently trading for Tebow we have our pick of a guy not named Geno Smith.

IMO your belief that acquiring Tebow would pre-empt the Jaguars need to draft a quarterback in the first round is wrong.

I also believe that the fact they burned a high number one pick on Blaine Gabbert will have no bearing on their decision.

Finally I don't believe that the unexpectedly decent performance by Chad Henne will have any bearing on their decision either.

I believe the Jags will draft a quarterback with their first pick.

3-4 is exactly what the bills need. Other than barnett, there is no pure 4-3 olb. Shep & white are both 3-4 ilbs. Moats is clearly a 3-4 OLB. Bradham could play in either. Anderson could also play olb. Carrington & mario are both big enough to be 3-4 des. Realy need a pure & dominant nt. But most of all an owner, hc, and coaches that don't have there heads up their ass.

Lets not get crazy....stay in the 4-3 and find some linebackers who can play

Darn Buddy Nix's stupid draft formula got us some lame runningback named CJ Spiller... oh wait. Nix has done a fine job drafting (aside from the major TJ Graham trade up gaffe). Go ahead and point out that he picked Williams over Dalton, but Williams was a late first round prospect who many teams wanted while most had questions about Dalton.

If we are going to draft anything but a QB or WR in the first, it should be Manti Te'o. If not and you don't like any QBs or WRs there then trade down and pick up more picks.

You forgot Aaron Williams, Torrell Troup, Alex Carrington, and Kelvin Sheppard. All 2nd or 3rd round picks, none of which are above average starters. Carrington gets rotational time and blocks kicks, but none of the other 3 play a majority of snaps. And in the case of the IR'd Troup, if he comes back, he's behind the aforementioned Carrington along with K. Williams and Dareus at DT.

You've got to pull starters from the 2nd and 3rd and Nix hasn't done enough of it in only his first two drafts. Glenn may be the exception but it's too early to tell. Regardless, they're not getting value to fill holes let alone build depth.

Edited by BillsVet

I don't usually jump on the "lose for the draft" bandwagon but there is absolutely no excuse for beating the Jets. We had better not win next week.

The excuse to win is people pay good money to watch their team play with their best guys and try to win and entertain the crowd. Football is for entertainment, and winning is better entertainment than losing.

I hope they make it a fun game and lose at the end, because it could swing us significantly in a better position for drafting, but I understand that the players and coaches want to beat the Jets and Rex, who embarassed us in the opener. I would want to crush them too if I were a Bills player. They're the New Jersey Jets for god's sake, what's there to like about them

Should pull what Indy did and start a "Curtis Painter" at QB for the finale. Our equivalent is Thigpen. IIRC, the Colts beat Houston the week before, with Dan Orlovsky at QB and the next week, started Curtis Painter to ensure they'd be in line to draft Luck #1. They obviously knew a win in the finale was counterproductive to the franchise's longevity. Gailey isn't that smart.

Edited by JayBaller10

So what you are saying is - its OK Buddy drafted the wrong guy as long as someone else would have made the same mistake?

Why is that OK?

Buddy is one of 32 NFL GMs, he is supposed to see through that BS and take the superstar.

Dareus looked average at best this year. Troupe stinks Williams Stinks Shep isnt any good, and there are players all over the place at the same and other positions that Buddy passed on who are significantly better.

How in the world can you say Buddy Nix has drafted well?

Let me name his good draft picks:

Spiller

Carrington

AND NEITHER OF THEM START.

So in two years, 14 picks, Nix has yet to draft a good starter.

****I left off this years class bc they only had one year, I realise Spiller should start, but the coach Nix choose doesnt start him, and I realise Sheppard and Williams etc start, but they aren't good.

Edited by peterpan

is Jarvis Jones as quick as Miller was? It seems that 10 yard split time is a great indicator of success.

But on the 3-4 idea - I think we would be very close to a success lineup on paper.

Dareus likely starts at NG but KW could play there too. KW and Mario start at end with Carrington as a backup. Dareus could also play outside. Troupe could be put on the IR and not take up a roster spot.

Anderson and J Jones and Moats outsside with Shep Nigel and Barnett inside.

That may make barnett and Shep better players, hiding them inside like that.

is Jarvis Jones as quick as Miller was? It seems that 10 yard split time is a great indicator of success.

But on the 3-4 idea - I think we would be very close to a success lineup on paper.

Dareus likely starts at NG but KW could play there too. KW and Mario start at end with Carrington as a backup. Dareus could also play outside. Troupe could be put on the IR and not take up a roster spot.

Anderson and J Jones and Moats outsside with Shep Nigel and Barnett inside.

That may make barnett and Shep better players, hiding them inside like that.

We don't have enough good LBs to play a 43, let alone a 34 front. There's no way we go back to that with the personnel we currently have. And Kyle Williams will never be a DE in the NFL, especially in the 34.

If Jarvis Jones is as good as advertized, he can play OLB in a 43 front just fine.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

You forgot Aaron Williams, Torrell Troup, Alex Carrington, and Kelvin Sheppard. All 2nd or 3rd round picks, none of which are above average starters. Carrington gets rotational time and blocks kicks, but none of the other 3 play a majority of snaps. And in the case of the IR'd Troup, if he comes back, he's behind the aforementioned Carrington along with K. Williams and Dareus at DT.

You've got to pull starters from the 2nd and 3rd and Nix hasn't done enough of it in only his first two drafts. Glenn may be the exception but it's too early to tell. Regardless, they're not getting value to fill holes let alone build depth.

You can point to Aaron Williams, but that's foolish. As I said, Williams was a late-1st round prospect that MANY teams wanted. He's also only been in the league for two years, he had a good first year and was terrible this year. Doesn't mean he can't turn it around... Still early on Sheppard as well. He has shown potential.

Spiller was a great pick, Moats was a steal in the 6th round because he is very good on special teams and a solid backup LBer. Justin Rogers in the 7th round is highway robbery. Chris Hairston in the 4th round is a steal. Da'Norris Searcy in the 4th round is a steal. We could have two huge steals in the 4th round this year with Bradham and Brooks.

IF YOU WANTJARVIS JONES OR LANDRY ,HERE THE KICKER THE BILLS NEED TO LOSE, I HATE SAYING IT, BUT THE REALITY

IS UNLESS WE WIND UP PICKING BETWEEN 4-6 NEITHER IS LIKELY TO STILL BE THERE WHEN WE PICK LANDRY IS TOP

OF 2ND RD ,NO WAY THIRD. JARVIS JONES IS TOP 5 LIKELY ,.THAT BEING SAID I THHINK WE WIND UP WITH TEO AND LANDRY 1-2.THEN ..IF LUCK PREVAILS MARGUS HUNT IN THE 3RD... FAURIA IN THE 4TH THEN IF I HAD A CHOICE IN THE 5TH ,ITS BE COLLIN KLIEIN OR DEVIN TAYLOR. .DARE TO DREAM!

I M GUESSING FA IS WHERE WE GET HELP AT WR THIS YEAR.AMENDOLA , GREG JENNINGS??,,SUPPOSEDLY J, FINLEY WILL BE AVAILABLE TOO.

Edited by tombstone56

Te'o or trade down, for me.

Anyone here have an opinion about Mike Glennon from NC State? I am starting to hear a lot about him moving up, and the relative success of Tannehill may be shaping opinions about him. http://walterfootbal...m/draft2013.php

Nix was the southeast scout for the Chargers when they took NC State QB Philip Rivers, and he just gave a ton of money to another NC State guy this past offseason (Mario Williams). Plus they moved up to draft Graham, yet another NC State guy.

Update -- some info on Glennon: http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/15/mike-glennon-scouting-report/

Edited by dave mcbride

Anyone here have an opinion about Mike Glennon from NC State? I am starting to hear a lot about him moving up, and the relative success of Tannehill may be shaping opinions about him. http://walterfootbal...m/draft2013.php

Nix was the southeast scout for the Chargers when they took NC State QB Philip Rivers, and he just gave a ton of money to another NC State guy this past offseason (Mario Williams). Plus they moved up to draft Graham, yet another NC State guy.

Update -- some info on Glennon: http://nflsfuture.co...couting-report/

Yes, check out Glennon Mon Dec 31 on ESPN at 12 p.m. in a bowl game versus Vanderbilt..You might be impressed

You can point to Aaron Williams, but that's foolish. As I said, Williams was a late-1st round prospect that MANY teams wanted. He's also only been in the league for two years, he had a good first year and was terrible this year. Doesn't mean he can't turn it around... Still early on Sheppard as well. He has shown potential.

Spiller was a great pick, Moats was a steal in the 6th round because he is very good on special teams and a solid backup LBer. Justin Rogers in the 7th round is highway robbery. Chris Hairston in the 4th round is a steal. Da'Norris Searcy in the 4th round is a steal. We could have two huge steals in the 4th round this year with Bradham and Brooks.

Tell me who wanted Aaron Williams? The Steelers presumably had a need at CB late in the 2011 first round and skipped over him in favor of a 5 Tech DE. The Patriots chose Ras-I Dowling the pick before who is a huge bust. I'd say those teams draft well over the long haul and went away from A. Williams so what does that tell you? And what does it tell you that the scouting report on him was a lack of hip flexibility and better suited to safety? That was widely known, but apparently Nix was smarter.

Furthermore, I focused on only 2nd and 3rd round picks given that guys after about round 5 are bonuses if they work out. And if the Bills were developing the talent you say they are, why do their backups struggle playing other team's versions during pre-season play? They haven't done much of anything in the pre-season in the 3 years Gailey and Nix have been there. They have not built depth in many places on this team.

An old HC once said that potential means you ain't done anything yet. I'm not judging the 2012 draft yet, only 2010 and 2011 given that those players have 3 and 2 years in the league respectively. Typically major progression is made by those years, which I don't see.