Rumor only!! Involves John Gruden

marauderswr80

id assume it was a passing comment with regards to merger era teams still lacking a ring. to be frank though, id chalk it up the same as his love for every player, every coach, every city. i didnt hear the actual comment but i bet it was the standard issue "these are great fans that havent had a ring ever, id love to see them get one."

Might also have to do with franchises who have some talented players already and may be looking for a HC/GM at the end of the year with the way the started their seasons out...........

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope not. I view Gruden as VERY overrated. He took Tony Dungy's ready-to-go team to the Super Bowl and used his inside knowledge of his opponent (the Raiders) to spy out their offense. The Buc's accomplished next to nothing in the remainder of his tenure.

He took some guys that Tony Dungy couldn't win with and he won a Super Bowl! I say that makes him a good coach.

Might also have to do with franchises who have some talented players already and may be looking for a HC/GM at the end of the year with the way the started their seasons out...........

Also possible. The old "you'd be crazy not to want to coach guys like these teams have"

I wouldn't put toooo much stock in him saying he likes something on air though. Doesn't hurt, but..... What doesn't he like on Monday nights?

Also possible. The old "you'd be crazy not to want to coach guys like these teams have"

I wouldn't put toooo much stock in him saying he likes something on air though. Doesn't hurt, but..... What doesn't he like on Monday nights?

Most coaches would rather take the easier route of going to a team that has some good building blocks in place already then go somewhere that needs a complete overhaul of talent. When you take your blinders off and actually look at the names on the Bills roster, they have talent there, that talent just grossly underachieved this year and the team had some bad breaks. Removing the fact that most here are Bills fans, look at the rosters, and what team would you rather go to as a HC, Buffalo or Jacksonville right now?

Most coaches would rather take the easier route of going to a team that has some good building blocks in place already then go somewhere that needs a complete overhaul of talent. When you take your blinders off and actually look at the names on the Bills roster, they have talent there, that talent just grossly underachieved this year and the team had some bad breaks. Removing the fact that most here are Bills fans, look at the rosters, and what team would you rather go to as a HC, Buffalo or Jacksonville right now?

Probably Jacksonville because of the ownership

i agree - ive said it a few times on here. i think this team is much closer than most do.

that said, ive also watched monday night football and it would be an honor for him to coach about 3/4 of the league if not more if you listen to him.

i dont think the landing spot is as bad as it was a few years ago. i also dont put a lot of stock into grudens public comments. those two things are not necessarily related here.

If any rumors dealing with Jon Gruden coming to Buffalo are actually true, it would only be to serve as a way to up the ante on any contract talks he would be having with other teams.

Come on now! Maybe Gruden heard that Kelly was going to join the organization at a level over Brandon and that got him fired up to coach the Bills! :)

Ya know what we should start a rumor thread about? The Bills are looking to fire Chan on Monday.

Oh wait....it's already been a thread and the mods closed it. Maybe they can close this thread too because it is absolutely no different than that thread. Other than the fact that there are good discussions going on in them.

Ill prolly get banned for this. So ill say bye to everyone now

If any rumors dealing with Jon Gruden coming to Buffalo are actually true, it would only be to serve as a way to up the ante on any contract talks he would be having with other teams.

this is a popular and well worn conspiracy theory that has been thrown out here ad nauseum. The Mario Williams signing disproved your allegation. If someone wants to be here for the right reasons, he will come. If not, he won't.....simple as that.

It would be awesome to have Jon Gruden as the HC. Make him the GM as well. It would be fricken awesome to be headed to the big show again.

Why ?

No way - he is the type of HC that needs to be HC only. We would still need a credible GM as the respected face of the organization.