[closed]So glad these jerks traded Lynch for a 4th round pick

ACor58

He will get another league suspension within the next twelve months. Bet on it. The trade was the best offer anyone in the entire NFL was willing to give us for the guy at the time we wanted to dump him.

It wasn't like someone else was offering a 3rd or 2nd. The dude went for market value at the time. Oh well, our running attack since he left has been awesome. The strength of this team really.

He will get another league suspension within the next twelve months. Bet on it. The trade was the best offer anyone in the entire NFL was willing to give us for the guy at the time we wanted to dump him.

It wasn't like someone else was offering a 3rd or 2nd. The dude went for market value at the time. Oh well, our running attack since he left has been awesome. The strength of this team really.

According to reports at the time many teams were willing to offer much more then a 4th. It caught everyone by surprise that he only went for a 4th. Some team said they had not even heard he was on the bock - though the FO said they offered Lynch to them... It may have been a 3rd or higher.

According to reports at the time many teams were willing to offer much more then a 4th. It caught everyone by surprise that he only went for a 4th. Some team said they had not even heard he was on the bock - though the FO said they offered Lynch to them... It may have been a 3rd or higher.

I think this is BS. It was common knowledge that the Bills were trying to trade Lynch all through the preseason back in 2010. He had lost his starting job to FJax during the 2009 season, and the Bills promptly drafted Spiller in 2010. Recall that the Bills even tried to showcase Lynch in the first couple of games in 2010 in hopes of driving up his trade value. Lynch had already been in toruble with the league with the hit-and-run and the concealed weapon situations. There were rumors of other off-field "situations". Heck, he still has an unreseolved DUI charge hanging over his head. Depending upon how that works out, he could miss a significant part of next season.

Edited by 2003Contenders

Bottom line is, most of the "jerks" here, on TBD, were all happy once Lynch was traded...time changes perceptions it seems.

He was an off-field distraction, and was, seemingly always one false step from being suspended. There is no evidence (and I have my serious doubts) that Lynch would have been near as productive had he stayed in Buffalo, as he has been in Seattle. And yeah, I bet he would have had more off the field issues in Buffalo than he has in Seattle.

Honestly, I always liked Lynch, and I was plenty content with Willis McGahee before him...but stop this BS that everyone knew how good Lynch would be in Seattle. Gailey would have not been able to handle him, and we would have a stadium 2/3 full of people who can't stand him...it is sort of the reverse CJ Spiller phenomenon we have seen with "Bills Nation"...as fickle as any fan base there is.

Bottom line is, most of the "jerks" here, on TBD, were all happy once Lynch was traded...time changes perceptions it seems.

He was an off-field distraction, and was, seemingly always one false step from being suspended. There is no evidence (and I have my serious doubts) that Lynch would have been near as productive had he stayed in Buffalo, as he has been in Seattle. And yeah, I bet he would have had more off the field issues in Buffalo than he has in Seattle.

Honestly, I always liked Lynch, and I was plenty content with Willis McGahee before him...but stop this BS that everyone knew how good Lynch would be in Seattle. Gailey would have not been able to handle him, and we would have a stadium 2/3 full of people who can't stand him...it is sort of the reverse CJ Spiller phenomenon we have seen with "Bills Nation"...as fickle as any fan base there is.

I was glad the Bills traded him. I'm pissed now. I'll admit it. Why didn't Lynch do this while he was in Buffalo? Lynch was suspended for off field issues, out of shape, and not the same back he is today. Yeah, I'm pissed for sure.

Most have hit the nail on the head. Lynch had maturity problems and the bills had an old Good RB no one would ante up for, a rook that needed touches to learn thespeed of the game and Lynch. It seemed like the right move at the time to everyone.

Seattle is the shocker. They bet the farm on Flynn, drafted Wilson, did the big deal for rice and added a few pieces here and their et viola.., playoff bound.

No ones ever claimed MUCH more.

And any GM that didn't know he was on the block should be fired.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.