What Do These Young Starting Quarterbacks Have In Common?

Actually Tannehill went 8th. Bills drafted 10th but op is correct otherwise, Bills could have drafted any of those guys. That's the main reason Buddy has to go along with Chan. Drafting a QB early used to be a bad idea. Look at all the up and coming teams that are either in the playoffs this year or contending for a playoff spot with a rookie or a 2nd year QB. Buddy missed the boat. His draft philosophy is antiquated. Their record proves it. Plus the Torelle Troup over Rob Gronkowski fiasco. Marcus Easley over Aaron Hernandez same year. Hindsight is 20/20 and you can always look back and say what if???? I believe they would be in the playoffs if they would have drafted a QB early in the last three years, Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton is the one that kills me. TJ Graham over Russell Wilson is a close second. Imagine Dalton, Spiller, Johnson, Gronkowski, Hernandez instead of Fitzpatrick, Spiller/Jackson hybrid (another mistake- CJ should have 150 more carries, he would be close to 2,000 yards), Johnson, Campbell. The what if's get bums fired.

Tannehill, Wilson, Kaepernick, Dalton, and Foles. Come on, it's easy.

We didn't draft them. On their bad day they are better then Fitz on a good day. They can throw the ball further then Fitz can, with their NON-Throwing arm. Shall I go on? And maybe the saddest thing, they all make much less then Fitz. Edited by BuffBill

They have big hands and good pocket presence.

Fitz can't pump fake, and he tucks his head and runs into defenders/back of offensive linemen when there's pressure. (or makes a really bad throw)

Yeah - what's up with that? He's always had spotty arm strength and poor throwing accuracy, but I don't remember him making this many bad pocket decisions in prior years. Heck, wasn't his pocket presence what won him the job over Trent Edwards? This season, multiple times each week Fitz seems to ignore huge available spaces to slide to and just folds up.

That, and now when he does move out, he doesn't ever seem to throw it - are there really no open receivers even when he starts scrambling?

Edited by BobChalmers