Buffalo Bills Pursuing Continuity With Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey

ThrowingFitz

Really I am so split on this idea. On one hand I want Gaily gone so badly but Nix does make sense. I just think continuity should take place if there was hope of improvement. I think this current regime peaked at the end of the 2009 and beginning of 2010 seasons. I guess at least the organization is trying something new?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/12/18/3780370/buffalo-bills-continuity-buddy-nix-chan-gailey-2013

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone buys this crap, I'm gonna puke. If Gailey is the coach in 2013, I hope the fans are smart enough to hold off on any purchase of tickets, season or otherwise until mid October. If th the Bills want fan support, make these bastards earn it the old fashioned way... one win at a time.

If anyone buys this crap, I'm gonna puke. If Gailey is the coach in 2013, I hope the fans are smart enough to hold off on any purchase of tickets, season or otherwise until mid October. If th the Bills want fan support, make these bastards earn it the old fashioned way... one win at a time.

I agree. I will not purchase any tickets until they make a meaningful change in coaching. Bringing in another big name FA won't do, and firing Wanny won't do either. Nix and/or Gailey MUST be gone and a GOOD replacement must be brought in. When the ticket people call, I will tell them as much.

Bravo!

I fully get the point of continuity. As Bills fan's we've seen front offices and coaching regimes walk in and walk on out and we've been stuck in this 3 year cycle. Coaching changes no longer excite me. No one worth their salt will work for Ralph Wilson and the last gm who did was pushed out for Marv Levy who made the whole mess even worse. The problem isn't the gm or the coaches. The problem is the owner. Just enjoy having a team we will never see the Bills win as long as Ralph owns this organization.

I agree. I will not purchase any tickets until they make a meaningful change in coaching. Bringing in another big name FA won't do, and firing Wanny won't do either. Nix and/or Gailey MUST be gone and a GOOD replacement must be brought in. When the ticket people call, I will tell them as much.

and if nobody buys tickets. the biggest change they will make is the city they play for.

When does doing the same thing the same way time after time crossover from trying to make progress to being stubborn or even idiotic?

If continuity is the shrine of the one true path, then Nix, Gailey, and even Fitzpatrick must stay. That is continuity. But is that progress?

What does it mean when many players are playing at less than full speed? How does continuity cause the sort of fight with everything you have and then some response that's needed?

This is playing out exactly like previous Ralph Wilson management excursions. The front office insists in November that no changes will be made for sake of continuity only to see the revolt of the fan base in December, and come January, voila, there's a new regime.

Really I am so split on this idea. On one hand I want Gaily gone so badly but Nix does make sense. I just think continuity should take place if there was hope of improvement. I think this current regime peaked at the end of the 2009 and beginning of 2010 seasons. I guess at least the organization is trying something new?

http://www.buffaloru...han-gailey-2013

Keep both of them and you have continuity-continuity of being a terrible football team. If that is what you or they want, keep them around another year.

I hope thousands of others feel the same way you do, I sure the heck do.

Continuity may have worked in the past with coaches like chuck noll but in todays nfl things have changed. There was no free agency back then you could keep your players and give coaches more time to improve Chuck I believe was only 37 anyway, a very young coach not like Chan.

Gailey uses a 5 wide set when we dont have the players to run that type of offense. If he doesnt understand that, then he has to go.

I dont hate Gailey like I hated losman and edwards, but Chan needs to step down.

I use the word hate, but it really means dislike. Hate just sounds stronger and better. fyi