Buffalo Bills Pursuing Continuity With Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey

ThrowingFitz

The CONTINUITY Concept is only valid IF we were winning!

Right, and for that reason the continuity argument is bogus. Note that they are not coming out and saying that Chan's a good coach.

And if Chan is not a good coach you will inevitably lose continuity anyway.

So why do they want to keep this guy around in the first place. Assuming they really do, what's the true reason?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with everything you just said regarding Kyle Williams. I have said it. I'm not going back on it. I think he's over rated. On every level. By players, coaches, media, and fans. I feel he is that over rated. I don't care what anyone else says. People said those very same things about McGee, and Schobel too. People said those same things about Roscoe, and Evans. People said those same things about Poz and Freddy.

This shouldn't even make it in this thread. This isn't about that. Sorry K. Williams was ever brought up in the first place. I'm done talking about him now. There's no way I will ever change your mind about Williams and I could care less. In another 2 years when were all saying he was over rated, ill know I was right. If... In 2 years he proves me wrong, ill eat crow. I'm done here.

Hey, you brought it up in the first place. I dunno why you don't like the guy and don't really care. Just consider that Williams was a 5th round draft pick, and he is out playing a 1st rounder, the #3 overall next to him. He grades out by many as about the only elite player on that Buffalo Bills defense besides super Mario, who was the #1 overall pick in the draft.

After reading about how uninspiring Dave and his basket are I can only admire Kyle Williams even more.

Most Bills fans love the guy for good reason as he is the classic lunch pail, never stops coming, never gives up on a play type of guy. I only want the Bills defense to have another 10 guys just like him and they would be unbeatable.

Even Wannstooge couldn't screw up a defense filled with Kyle Williams type players :lol:

A reminder: since their 5 winning seasons in the first 7 years of the franchise's existence, the Bills since 1967 have had only 15 winning seasons, but they've had almost as many (14) seasons of 4 or fewer wins. Take out the Polian years and it's even more of a train wreck.

What exactly does Nix think needs to be continued?

And by the way, Ralph wasn't 94 all that time. He was a bad owner all along. After all, he was the one who fired Polian. Older fans will remember him antagonizing Joe Cribbs when he was the best player on the team, and how stars like Tom Cousineau and a whole bunch of good coaches wanted nothing to do with the franchise.

"Parity" and "on any given Sunday" don't seem to apply to Buffalo.

Continuity = hopelessness. I, for one, am willing to forgo continuity in favor of hope.

•  

I disagree with everything you just said regarding Kyle Williams. I have said it. I'm not going back on it. I think he's over rated. On every level. By players, coaches, media, and fans. I feel he is that over rated. I don't care what anyone else says. People said those very same things about McGee, and Schobel too. People said those same things about Roscoe, and Evans. People said those same things about Poz and Freddy.

This shouldn't even make it in this thread. This isn't about that. Sorry K. Williams was ever brought up in the first place. I'm done talking about him now. There's no way I will ever change your mind about Williams and I could care less. In another 2 years when were all saying he was over rated, ill know I was right. If... In 2 years he proves me wrong, ill eat crow. I'm done here.

It pains me to say it, but I think you are far more right than wrong concerning KW...You simply cannot have a Defense that gets run on the way Buffalo's Defense gets run on, then turn around and say you have a Pro Bowl caliber DT...Williams is VERY good at times, then he's gone...poof! He'll make a play in the backfield then you don't hear from him for 2 quarters...then he'll make another play...I think as far as effort and grit goes, the guy is great...But Offense go right at the interior of The Bills D-Line constantly and those holes are gaping...There is no way Williams or Dareus can be considered elite DT's until this Bills Defense can put a lid on those massive holes, and start being consistent vs the run game in, and game out... B-)

It pains me to say it, but I think you are far more right than wrong concerning KW...You simply cannot have a Defense that gets run on the way Buffalo's Defense gets run on, then turn around and say you have a Pro Bowl caliber DT...Williams is VERY good at times, then he's gone...poof! He'll make a play in the backfield then you don't hear from him for 2 quarters...then he'll make another play...I think as far as effort and grit goes, the guy is great...But Offense go right at the interior of The Bills D-Line constantly and those holes are gaping...There is no way Williams or Dareus can be considered elite DT's until this Bills Defense can put a lid on those massive holes, and start being consistent vs the run game in, and game out... B-)

This. I don't care how bad your team or rest of your defense is. If yiur really that good, you make people around you better. Last I checked we have never really been good against the run with him manning the middle of the line. It says more about him than everyone saying "your crazy, he's the only pro bowl player we have on this defense".