What kind of car do you drive?

mrags

Ok. With the fear that I might sound like Skooby with this post I thought it would be a little fun and a little something different to get our minds off this crap football club.

I currently drive a 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport. 6speed manual transmission. Arctic White paint, black leather interior.

I love my car but in looking at new/newer at the moment. Been looking at either the Ford F150 FX4, the Chevy Silverado 1500, and the Dodge Ram 1500. Like the Ford the most and the Chevy the least. The Dodge looks sweet and is the cheapest. Also has the highest MPG with the Ford nipping at its heals, all while surpassing its payload and towing.

Does anyone drive any of these? What's your thoughts on them?

Would love to hear what everyone here drives regardless. Hopefully this is fun.

Edited by mrags

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic - I just got a new car and financed with PenFed. They are offering 1.49% financing. If you are thinking of getting a car, you may want to consider them or at least use their rates to get a better rate with the dealer.

I drive an '04 Altima. The driver's side door handle is broken and so is the rear passenger. It has 184,000 kms (115,000 miles for my American brothers and sisters). I'm rolling on winter rims and Michelin X-Ice 2s and have a pair of top of the line Britax kid seats in the back. I recently had metal welded to the floor so that I wouldn't look like Fred Flintstone driving around. The best feature...it's paid for.

I drive an '04 Altima. The driver's side door handle is broken and so is the rear passenger. It has 184,000 kms (115,000 miles for my American brothers and sisters). I'm rolling on winter rims and Michelin X-Ice 2s and have a pair of top of the line Britax kid seats in the back. I recently had metal welded to the floor so that I wouldn't look like Fred Flintstone driving around. The best feature...it's paid for.

lol. Well played

Ok. With the fear that I might sound like Skooby with this post I thought it would be a little fun and a little something different to get our minds off this crap football club.

I currently drive a 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport. 6speed manual transmission. Arctic White paint, black leather interior.

I love my car but in looking at new/newer at the moment. Been looking at either the Ford F150 FX4, the Chevy Silverado 1500, and the Dodge Ram 1500. Like the Ford the most and the Chevy the least. The Dodge looks sweet and is the cheapest. Also has the highest MPG with the Ford nipping at its heals, all while surpassing its payload and towing.

Got a 1999 Ram 1500. It's a beast 5.7 liter before it was called the "Hemi". This vintage was prone to rust and I have had to do some minor bondo on it. I use it in the winter mainly or when I have to haul something that won't fit into my other car. The Ram is a lot for the money. I would probably get another one.

Got a 1999 Ram 1500. It's a beast 5.7 liter before it was called the "Hemi". This vintage was prone to rust and I have had to do some minor bondo on it. I use it in the winter mainly or when I have to haul something that won't fit into my other car. The Ram is a lot for the money. I would probably get another one.

Awesome to hear that Weo. I'm really looking into it most because of the features and the cost. Of course, as I said, I really like the F150 the most but in order for me to be happy with the Ford, it would have to be the FX4 and the 2013s are high 40s to low 50s. It's just too damn much for a truck/car. The 2012 Ram leftovers can be had anywhere from 35-40k for a model of be happy with. Haven't looked into the 2013s much yet though.

Thanks Peter. What did you get?

I ended up getting a Lexus RX450h after many months of thinking about what to get. We have two boys. I had been driving an SUV, a Honda Pilot, and loved that for its versatility and that it was the most reliable car I have ever had. It had almost 99k miles on it so I thought that it would be a good idea to get a new car given the rates and the fact that dealers seem to be fairly motivated in general and at this time of year.

I have had the car for 8 days now. It drives great, has plenty of bells and whistles, and gets great mileage for a SUV (one day last week, I got 30 mpg). The only thing to keep in mind is that it does not have the load or towing capacity as a typical SUV. Other than that, it is a great car. Consumer Reports rates it very highly.

I ended up getting a Lexus RX450h after many months of thinking about what to get. We have two boys. I had been driving an SUV, a Honda Pilot, and loved that for its versatility and that it was the most reliable car I have ever had. It had almost 99k miles on it so I thought that it would be a good idea to get a new car given the rates and the fact that dealers seem to be fairly motivated in general and at this time of year.

I have had the car for 8 days now. It drives great, has plenty of bells and whistles, and gets great mileage for a SUV (one day last week, I got 30 mpg). The only thing to keep in mind is that it does not have the load or towing capacity as a typical SUV. Other than that, it is a great car. Consumer Reports rates it very highly.

i like those for sure. Sounds like you got a sweet deal on it with the financing.

I drive a 2008 Yukon..137k on it, no poroblems at yet.

Wife has a 2008 Hyandai Vera Cruz..greta car has 97K on it

Damn. You've driven the crap out of that Yukon. Any problems. While I don't really like the Silverados much, I DO really like the Tahoes. Interested to hear your experiences and problems. Edited by mrags

I have a '99 Toyota Camry with ~175,000 miles on it. My first car (bought it new out of college -- I got a signing bonus for a few grand with instructions to buy a car since I'd be on call 24x7 :) ). I kind of want a Dodge Charger, but this one has never had a problem, is paid off (for a long time!), and has relatively low insurance rates... Plus, the Charger isn't exactly known for its reliability, so not sure I want to go that route. We'll see.

My wife has an '04 Toyota Corolla with ~230,000 miles on. No real issues with hers either, although she was rear-ended last week and the bumper is now broken. Their insurance company will pay to fix it, although we're debating just taking the money and using it to buy a new car once winter is over.

I just got this great 350Z... real cheap too!!! A guy I knew told me about a guy who had one he didn't need, I just had to take off the Georgia license plate, though. The cool thing, he must have been a Bills fan, because there was a sticker on the back.

In all seriousness:

1983 Chevrolet K20. Something like 9MPG maybe? 350 motor.

1994 Chevrolet S10 Tahoe 2WD manual 5 2.8L, it'll need a new motor soon, but it's over 200k.

1993 GMC AstroVan 180k miles, 4.3L Automatic 5 speed.

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier (car I got as a teenager I gave to mom. 2.2L 3 speed automatic with 150K-ish miles

My dad has a 2010 F150 XLT FX4 with the seats in back but not the full door. Short bed (utterly useless). It is nice with the Sync system and all that stuff, doesn't drive as good as -see below- though it is quiet. Has some good power.

My normal truck is a 2007 F350 FX4 Super Duty Lariet 6.0L Powerstroke, full bed, full four door The heated seats are nice, the whole truck is nice. I mean, when you have a $65,000 truck, you get your moneys worth. It's got 77k on it roughly.

Generally, I am a Chevrolet guy, but when I got those trucks I did not like what Chevrolet had available. The F150 was better then the Silverado, but not by much. Ford has better interiors, and thats what it came down to there. The 07 was hands and feet better then what Chevrolet had at the time.

As for Dodge trucks? I wouldn't waste my time pissing on one if it was on fire. Those dinky 6 cylinder Cummins are overrated, and if you take care of a truck it will last you. The Dodges always look the nice but there is a reason you don't see them on the road for a lot of years. Chevrolet and Ford make some nice trucks, but I would still take a look at a Toyota Tundra depending on what you're wanting to do... If you want a TRUCK then get a truck. If you want a truck then get a truck.

Edited by jboyst62

Traded my 08 Solstice GXP in for a 2013 Cadillac CTS. Best car buying decision I've ever made. The Solstice was tons of fun, I recommend everyone own a roadster at least once in their life, but it was completely impractical and the wife hated it. The Caddy is a beast.