ESPN Anchor-RG3 is not black enough

DaveinElma

Not being a black man, I cannot say whether you are right or wrong. Assuming this is the case, what, in your opinion can be done to change this?

What this idiot does realize is he is being a complete racist himself. He sounds like a complete dumb@ss. If more kids in general acted like RG3, this would be a much better world. I hope they fire him.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not being a black man, I cannot say whether you are right or wrong. Assuming this is the case, what, in your opinion can be done to change this?

There's not much you can do...unfortunately, its come to a point in society where many black people judge the "blackness" of others by how "street" they are. The "gangsta rapper" lifestyle is celebrated while the "black man who works hard to achieve" is viewed with distrust and speculation.

I hear you. It would be a bear to deal with that in high heels.

Well-played you SOB! :nana:

Parker said he's not "down with the cause." Pardon my ignorance but what cause is he not down with??

You want to know what I think it means? It means not acting black enough that white people don't trust you or are outwardly hostile towards you. That's what it boils down to. To be a "brother" you have to be held down by whitey! If you're equal with whitey, in education, work, intellect, etc. then you ain't being held down!

You want to know what I think it means? It means not acting black enough that white people don't trust you or are outwardly hostile towards you. That's what it boils down to. To be a "brother" you have to be held down by whitey! If you're equal with whitey, in education, work, intellect, etc. then you ain't being held down!

Not only is RG3 not being held down, hes a collaborator. Taking whitey's dollar and preferential treatment and not sticking it to the man somehow through futile, self-destructive behavior.

At some point black was defined as a rejection of white, and white was seen as going to school and getting a 9 to 5. This bull **** distinction leaves little room for social advancement. As if disadvantaged kids in a tough situations across the country didn't have enough to worry about, they get to see people disowned by their supposed community just for daring to make something of themselves. Thats a disgusting lesson to learn.

Edited by Jauronimo

"Our race and color are not of our own choosing. The only excuse for pride in individuals or race is in the fact of their achievements. Our color is the gift of the almighty. We should neither be proud of it nor ashamed of it. "

Frederick Douglass

Sounds like RGIII's desire to be judged as an individual fits in with this.

Edited by B-Man

Bill "Bojangles" Robinson? Is that you....brotha?

Keep making em' smile Heels. As long as their entertained, right...

As an aside, I have a nice little pocket of education from some schools that may make your girl moist if I name-dropped them with some mood music and Hennessy Ellipse. But your whole "acting black enough" and being "held down" explanation makes me think that you're either bojanglin' oooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr you're Asian.

But then again, you never said you're black, now did you, brotha?

Juror#8 out....and.....

Listening to some Nas "Nasty", in my new/used M3, pimp-leaned to the right side in the driver seat, dropped on new shoes (19s, Volks), tinted the !@#$ out, with my ESQs E92 plate, driving fast on the way to Negril Eatery in DC, in my Nudie Jeans that are slightly slouched, and some black and red Jordan XIs (that I paid $200 for and got a week early), with my non-fat blond haired blue-eyed fiance in the passenger seat, talking about "The Wire" and thinking about sipping on some henny while listening to Bootsy Collins later.

This is 50+ hours after we settled the biggest case of our young lives, in a Brioni suit, and made a couple extra dollars to boot (hence the M3).

!@#$ your stereotypes nehga (and if youre black, you know how that ****'s pronounced).

I'm out! Food, drink, lounge, sex.

Peace.

"Eyes flutter as love when Nas pops up

Stars get starstruck, panties start drippin’

The ways of Carlito, blaze, torpedo cigars

Drop moves, drop clothes

Louis the XIII freaks, women nice size

I ride like Porsches, thick, brown and gorgeous

It ain’t my fault, semiautomatic weapons

I brought the world “Crazy,” I’m rich and I’m girl-crazy

Dick ‘em, convince ‘em all to praise me

They ideology is confusion, I lose ‘em

Fellates me, who hate me? My gun off safety

Since a Tunnel escape key, my jewelry in HD."

As an aside, I have a nice little pocket of education from some schools that may make your girl moist if I name-dropped them with some mood music and Hennessy Ellipse. But your whole "acting black enough" and being "held down" explanation makes me think that you're either bojanglin' oooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr you're Asian.

Juror#8 out....and.....

Listening to some Nas "Nasty", in my new/used M3, pimp-leaned to the right side in the driver seat, dropped on new shoes (19s, Volks), tinted the !@#$ out, with my ESQs E92 plate, driving fast on the way to Negril Eatery in DC, in my Nudie Jeans that are slightly slouched, and some black and red Jordan XIs (that I paid $200 for and got a week early), with my non-fat blond haired blue-eyed fiance in the passenger seat, talking about "The Wire" and thinking about sipping on some henny while listening to Bootsy Collins later.

This is 50+ hours after we settled the biggest case of our young lives, in a Brioni suit, and made a couple extra dollars to boot (hence the M3).

!@#$ your stereotypes nehga (and if youre black, you know how that ****'s pronounced).

Peace.

Drop moves, drop clothes

Wow, I AM impressed. :rolleyes:

Juror#8 out....and.....

Peace.

Drop moves, drop clothes

I listen to Nas....

Juror#8 out....and.....

Peace.

Drop moves, drop clothes

The irony here being that Juror has been accused of being too white by his "brothas."

The irony here being that Juror has been accused of being too white by his "brothas."

This, sir, is very true.

Many missed the point of my little diddy post. I thought it was more satirical than anything.

But mostly, it was to say that there is not an inherent disconnect between hip-hop, hip hop culture, style, dress, etc, and success.

What is "the cause" and "being down"? The Nas' and Jay-Zs and Rick Ross' of the world drop those words dysphemistically to basically reference getting rich while still using Tobasco sauce, and drinking Hennessy, and watching Scarface. Ya'll are being fooled by theater. The only "cause" is self-preservation and a better life for one's progeny. And that is why, despite all the talk of "keeping it real," Jay Z is married to a pop icon and has a daughter named Blue Ivy. That is why he flies to Warren Buffet's house and hangs out for weekends, and why Buffet is a regular at Jay Z parties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68lpYf4cbcM

http://www.nypost.co...WnLfJuFauQNlpqN

The "cause" is to hustle the **** out of you mother!@#$ers. You are subsidizing 50 Cent's' fortune. Why?

You know the biggest fans of hip hop? Suburban white females. They download the music, and go to the concerts, and buy the cds.

Everytime you talk **** on one of these rappers businessmen, you broaden the cultural divide between yourselves and your children. Your children already feel that you're out of touch. Your criticisms reify that suspicion and causes them to flock to everything that is the antithesis of you - incidentally making rappers more wealthy in the process.

The "cause" becomes more complicated for those who don't have a marketable lyrical skill set. When wealthy black celebrities discuss this "cause" (which we've now defined as moving up the socio-economic ladder), there isn't a bunch of accompanying detail from which lil Donte and dem can diagram their path to success. Jay Z is not gonna tell "Little Ray Ray," or "Shampoo," or "Little Minus Sign," that Blue Ivy is going to go to the best schools in the nation because a good education is very helpful in any effort to be successful. He won't tell you that he hangs out with billionaires to get financial advice and that they drink 1995 vintage Krug. 50 Cent talks about "keeping it real" but he won't tell you about his Farmington, CT home, or his myriad business ventures, or his efforts to get his GED and attend college.

So Shampoo and dem think that the only way to get rich is to slang crack rock or have a wicked jump shot. And that becomes they're "cause".....trying to get rich by hustling. And you have to have a certain presentation to be taken seriously as a hustler (the language, the clothes, the style, the slang).

Cliff Notes: People are sold a lifestyle but not told how to get there.

At the end of the day, that's what happens when tax subsidies fund educational infrastructure in poor and abjectly impoverished neighborhoods. The quality of education today in a place like Barry Farm (where I grew up) or West Baltimore, or Temple Hills, or Hyattsville, remains a direct reflection of 60s era segregationist destituteness. Simple things like crafting a resume, or what high school graduation feels like, or how to apply for college, or what the SAT is, plays second fiddle to getting through a day without gun violence, or how to get Ms. Turner's classroom out of the former utility closet, or the thought that "since this school was constucted in the 40s, is it more likely than not the case that these crumbling walls and routinely falling ceiling panels have asbestos?"

You keep sitting around thinking that generational poverty, apathy, and nihilism is an acquired taste that people have to try hard, and REALLY want, to maintain. You'll learn.

Edited by Juror#8