Does Nix have any clue what he is doing? going after QB

Bronc24

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...de-up-for-a-qb/

I don't mind getting a QB, as everyone knows, but does this bumpkin have any clue? In this day of 24/7 access, publicly contradicting yourself twice gives the impression that you and the organization are nothing but a bunch of morons.

Nice call Buddy. You're a year late, dumb a$$.

A year late is right. It'll be forever before another Luck/ RG3 tandem emerge for the taking.

Again, this is just your opinion,right?

Of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I said this as my opinion. Did I say anything to the affect of, THIS IS FACT or IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE? Nope, I did not, I'm not a talent evaluator, I read just like the rest of you, and I watch games and conduct my own eye tests. Barkley will be a fail IMOOOOOOOO, Smith is probably the best option, Glennon is someone I see a lot as a person who lives in Raleigh and he's not as good as the hype suggests (hes a statue who curls under pressure). Again this is all OPINION. What's your point?

And that scares me, more because of how they have "evaluated" that position the last three years than anything else.

We're seeing eye-to-eye on this one for sure...It's not so much about having to Draft a QB to me...It's MUCH more about Nix and this bunch, and their ability to Draft the right guy...That definitely scares the heck out of me... B-)

I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with Nix as the GM than I would with any of you guys. Nix is a smoke and mirrors guy. You won't know who Nix will draft until the Commissioner announces it.

Think about it. How many times have we been surprised by a Nix pick?

Buddy has more clue than Sherlock Holmes! Buddy brought in players to make team better. If I'm correct, it is the head coach job to finalize his roster. Buddy brought in Merriman, Gailey thought it wise to cut him and keep Kelsay. The defense has been playing better since Kelsay been out. The other question is who's decision it was to cut Vince Young, who was our second string QB, and keep Thigpen our third string QB. Don't think it was Buddy's decision. I often wonder how many more games we would have won if Young, with his athleticism, were QBing? The Wildcat? I don't remember Buddy ever running that system on previous teams. The question isn't does Nix have clue, but does Gailey.

Buddy has more clue than Sherlock Holmes! Buddy brought in players to make team better. If I'm correct, it is the head coach job to finalize his roster. Buddy brought in Merriman, Gailey thought it wise to cut him and keep Kelsay. The defense has been playing better since Kelsay been out. The other question is who's decision it was to cut Vince Young, who was our second string QB, and keep Thigpen our third string QB. Don't think it was Buddy's decision. I often wonder how many more games we would have won if Young, with his athleticism, were QBing? The Wildcat? I don't remember Buddy ever running that system on previous teams. The question isn't does Nix have clue, but does Gailey.

I already knew the answer to that question.

I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with Nix as the GM than I would with any of you guys. Nix is a smoke and mirrors guy. You won't know who Nix will draft until the Commissioner announces it.

Think about it. How many times have we been surprised by a Nix pick?

That Dareus pick came out of no where....

You're 4th (fourth) draft in, and NOW you want a QB?

Nice job Buddy.

To answer your question: not really.

Look who he hired for head coach, and look what he's done with the most important position in Pro football. Nothing.

Get either of those things right and you're probably OK for a year or so. If they do draft a QB, it will just give the "be patient" crowd at OBD, another year or two.

I would do anything to get a real QB in there, I just don't believe Buddy is the guy to do it. And it will take 2-3 years to figure out of he's right. Sad.

:cry:

Had to address other areas- do you just pretend those positions were fine ?

http://profootballta...de-up-for-a-qb/

I don't mind getting a QB, as everyone knows, but does this bumpkin have any clue? In this day of 24/7 access, publicly contradicting yourself twice gives the impression that you and the organization are nothing but a bunch of morons.

Nice call Buddy. You're a year late, dumb a$$.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. I'm glad we have him as a GM and not an over emotional lunatic like you.

But that's just my opinion.

Go Bills

In the five drafts from 2005-09, there were 18 QB's taken from picks 20-100. Of that group, only Aaron Rodgers is what I would consider a long term starter. If you add in the 2010 and 2011 drafts, there were 6 guys taken in this range, and early returns indicate that 1 of them will be a long term guy (Dalton) with one having potential (Kaepernick). That's 24 guys with, at most, 3 having a high enough ceiling to be a starter.

Each draft is different, but with the value teams place on QB, finding a guy late in the first or in the second and third isn't that great of odds. This is what happens when you don't get one from the beginning and stubbornly reject conventional wisdom of taking one high early in a rebuild.

I agree with both your research and point. This just isn't a year with great qb prospects. So instead of reaching I would prefer a trade up scenario. Value is still important to me so I'd rather have that happen then a huge reach.