Stephon Gilmore is becomming a shutdown corner in Buffalo

Donald Duck

Those stats would be really meaningful if he followed the number 1 around the field playing straight man on him but.... From what I've seen, and I haven't gotten big into the last few games (it's been great for my blood pressure!) but we play zone a decent amount, we don't assign players specifically, and without context the #1 WR stat linw reflects well on our team as opposed to one player because of that.

I think he has a lot of potential though.

Yeah. Wansteedts crappy scheme will have different CB's and even LB on occasion :wallbash: covering the best WR on the field throughout the game. Put your best WR in the slot and odds are Gilmore won't be covering him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Gilmore is becoming a shutdown corner in Buffallo, by Damond Talbot

http://nomorelinks....ner-in-buffalo/

Good read, great draft pick :thumbsup:

Can we stop posting Talbot articles? He's not a good writer. This article has no substance, other than "he shut down Fitzgerald and Blackmon." A balanced article would discuss the negatives and positives of his play. Gilmore has been ok this season. There's no indication that he's going to be a bust or a "shutdown corner."

What is it about poorly written, poorly conceived, fluff pieces absent of any true insight or analysis that doesn't excite you?

Our Mr. Gilmore is becoming one heck of a cornerback.

He is still learning but i do watch his play closely mostly. And he has continued to improve. Ton of natural talent, has the brain for the game and his reading of the receiver is becoming very interesting,

Catavalos had him playing off alot early, now he can press and turn and does not bite so easily. he is "almost always " near the ball if it's his guy.

What i am saying is he is really getting darn gooder each week.

Was not a fan of the pick.

He is no way a shut down corner. But he might become one and i hope we can keep him long term.

Now lets get R Brooks rolling and we might have something back there.

any folks who say Happy isnt getting it done just are not watching closely

hes the most dangerous

yes he is

Yeah. Wansteedts crappy scheme will have different CB's and even LB on occasion :wallbash: covering the best WR on the field throughout the game. Put your best WR in the slot and odds are Gilmore won't be covering him.

That crappy scheme is a very common nfl model and still did produce good games against those #1s, even if it wasn't all gilmores doing

Can we stop posting Talbot articles? He's not a good writer. This article has no substance, other than "he shut down Fitzgerald and Blackmon." A balanced article would discuss the negatives and positives of his play. Gilmore has been ok this season. There's no indication that he's going to be a bust or a "shutdown corner."

Do you honestly think your posts are more worthy then an article this man wrote? seriously? Do you talk to Bills players and scouts or have any kind of inside track?

Myself personally , I enjoy Damonds articles,

To each his own when it comes likes and dislikes, but just because you don't appreciate what someone else has taken the time to write doesn't give you the right to tell a fella everyone else doesn't appreciate his articles and not to post them because you can't make that call for all of us. Show a little restraint how about it. I've got no problem with constructive comments and I'm sure Mr Talbot feels the same.

Pointing out something good happening in an otherwise dismal time of the year when it comes to the Bills was uplifting for me.

Gilmore's going to be a great CB in this League for years to come...

Edited by Fig Newton

And yet another shameless self-promoting plug appeared on the shoutbox as I write this. Enough. Seriously.

What's the deal? He's not hurting anyone and is posting Bills related items. As for Gilmore, for a quiet guy, he plays with a lot of fire. He get called for penalties for being too aggressive but I'll take that everyday of the week. The guy competes and once he gets a few more game changing plays, he will have a chance to be a top 5 type of corner. I wasn't a fan of taking a corner at the pick but I love watching Gilmore play. He's a football player.

What's the deal? He's not hurting anyone and is posting Bills related items. As for Gilmore, for a quiet guy, he plays with a lot of fire. He get called for penalties for being too aggressive but I'll take that everyday of the week. The guy competes and once he gets a few more game changing plays, he will have a chance to be a top 5 type of corner. I wasn't a fan of taking a corner at the pick but I love watching Gilmore play. He's a football player.

gugny and another 8th grader got scolded real good by Damond awhile back, it was awesome :thumbsup:

hurt poor gugny's feelings I think :lol:

Gilmore is already the best cb on the team at least since McGee was in his prime. Maybe going back to Clements or Edwards.

All this as a rook. Stay tuned, this guy has got it all, speed, athleticism, chip, desire, aptitude. When he rarely get beat and his guy drops the ball he's slapping his own head not doing a dance..

Gilmore is going to have his own island real soon..

Do you honestly think your posts are more worthy then an article this man wrote? seriously? Do you talk to Bills players and scouts or have any kind of inside track?

To each his own when it comes likes and dislikes, but just because you don't appreciate what someone else has taken the time to write doesn't give you the right to tell a fella everyone else doesn't appreciate his articles and not to post them because you can't make that call for all of us. Show a little restraint how about it. I've got no problem with constructive comments and I'm sure Mr Talbot feels the same.

Pointing out something good happening in an otherwise dismal time of the year when it comes to the Bills was uplifting for me.

Gilmore's going to be a great CB in this League for years to come...

No, I don't claim my, or any other poster's articles on this board are more engaging than Talbot's. That being said- for his own benefit and that of the board's- he has a long way to go before posting informative articles.

No, I don't claim my, or any other poster's articles on this board are more engaging than Talbot's. That being said- for his own benefit and that of the board's- he has a long way to go before posting informative articles.

And while I think we all should give a good effort on our posts.... I hold guys linking their own articles to a higher standard because the link really does imply more credibility - and that comes with a higher responsibility.

And while I think we all should give a good effort on our posts.... I hold guys linking their own articles to a higher standard because the link really does imply more credibility - and that comes with a higher responsibility.

I understand where your coming from NoSaint and why I didn't have a problem with your 2nd post because a good writer listens to what his readers are saying when it comes to what they would like to get out of an article. The best writers keep getting better because of it.

Damond Talbot would be the 1st to admit he' s fairly young at this when it comes to writing articles about the game he loves. Along with being a family man Talbot works full time as a federal agent and the time he can devout to scouting/writing is somewhat limited

Everyone starts somewhere...