Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I thought the same thing. Checked to make sure I didnt wander onto a joke page. We'll see how it goes tonight...

Well first of all it's not a Nirvana reunion. It's two guys that played in Nirvana performing one non-Nirvana song with a washed up teenybopper.

he's not a dick, he's a harmless curmudgeon that seems to be a bit extra curmudgeoney today...he was busting my balls on facebook about this as well....i told him to go back to shooing those peskly kids off his front lawn... :D

First of all, you sound like a dick.

And you'd never guess who it is...

http://www.guardian....-cobain-nirvana

For one show only (the Sandy Benefit concert). I'll definitely be checking this out tonight.

Love Sir Paul, but was never a Nirvana fan. I know Grohl performed at the White House for the McCartney things a couple years ago, but this sounds like a really odd mix.

First of all, you sound like a dick.

Tell you what, link the performance on here tomorrow morning and we'll all decide whether questioning this line up makes me a dick.

I love Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and everything Dave Grohl but this is a head scratcher. If they don't play any Nirvana it will make a lot more sense. Dave has been so guarded on all thing Cobain.

Quit being a dick.

I love Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and everything Dave Grohl but this is a head scratcher. If they don't play any Nirvana it will make a lot more sense. Dave has been so guarded on all thing Cobain.

its new material that they got together. i wouldnt surprised if they fell into some sort of tribute to their former bands (maybe a verse of one/each mixed in)

Not to pee too much in your Cheerios, but Nirvana (mostly Cobain) was possibly the most overrated band ever.

are they the greatest musicians around? no way. did they change the face of music at that time? definitely.

whether overhyped credit they got is what changed things, or they got credit because they changed things themselves... i think you could get in a bit of a "which came first - the chicken or the egg?" in the end i dont think it matters much. every movement needs a face, and kurt was that face for whatever reason.

Not to pee too much in your Cheerios, but Nirvana (mostly Cobain) was possibly the most overrated band ever.

14 year old me wants to fight you. I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea but I also don't think that they are overrated. They were a good band that launched an entire genre (grunge) that was responsible for a lot of big bands from the 90s (Pearl Jam, soundgarden, alice in chains, etc..). They don't really make many lists of best band of all time. Smells like Teen Spirit is the anthem for many late 20/early 30 guys but again I don't see an overabundance of Nirvana love. Might be there and I miss it bc I love the band but I would say Rush is way more over rated than they are :flirt: