Nick Saban may want back in NFL

His past is a big indictation of his future. I'm sorry but I don't respect quitters. I would never send my son to play for him. Also, he wasn't even a good NFL coach. The real guy this team needs to focus on is David Shaw of Stanford. Runs multiple offenses, is familiar with Barkley (maybe that can be his future QB), and is a part of Harbaugh's coaching tree. That works for me.

David Shaw would be great. Here are some college coaches I would like (wish list, few of these would be available):

1) Chip Kelly

2) David Shaw

3) Brian Kelly

4) Doug Marone (won big games at Cuse with average talent. Destroyed WVU last year and L-Ville this year...seems like a good NFL HC...has done well with QB's. Yes, I'm a Cuse fan so prob biased.)

5) Nick Saban (I'd give him another chance, Carroll is doing well his second time around).

I'd take Saban in a second.

I live in Miami, he and his wife both hated it here. Big city life isn't for them. So Buffalo wouldn't be out of the question.

As a recruitment tool we would have to offer him full control of football operations. Another way of enticing Nick to come here would be to feed his ego. Tell him that winning here would be better than winning anywhere else. It's the ultimate challenge. Who knows? He might be up for it.

Lastly, we have great talent here in Buffalo. We're not that far off. Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Spiller, Jackson, Stevie J, Chandler, Mario, Dareus, K. Williams, Byrd and Gilmore are a nice nucleus to a potentially great team. We're a QB, a WR, a linebacker or two, and a great coaching staff away from competing for a Super Bowl.

It could be done. $10 million a year wouldn't hurt, either. Money talks.

If not Saban, I'd like to see:

1. Greg Roman

2. Bruce Arians

3. Ken Whisenhunt

I'd love Bruce Arians here. Very underrated coach. Would get to work (hopefully) with a new QB. Has proven he can get the job done in Indy, where no one expected anything out of that team.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to a Philly sports station last night and someone mentioned Mark Richt (head coach at Georgia) as being a possible candidate for the Eagles job. Now granted the ending of that SEC Championship game was brutal, but he seems like he'd be a very good candidate for the Buffalo Bills HC job. We all know Nix loves him some SEC, so it'd be a good match there. The guy's younger, obviously talented as a head coach and has a lot of fire.

I was listening to a Philly sports station last night and someone mentioned Mark Richt (head coach at Georgia) as being a possible candidate for the Eagles job. Now granted the ending of that SEC Championship game was brutal, but he seems like he'd be a very good candidate for the Buffalo Bills HC job. We all know Nix loves him some SEC, so it'd be a good match there. The guy's younger, obviously talented as a head coach and has a lot of fire.

Always loses at least 1 game a year he should win. I do think he did well having Georgia in position this year though. Georgia dodged, A&M, Florida, Bama, and LSU in the regular season (schedule was cake this year) and I thought they would get killed. I was wrong. Still not big on him as a candidate for the Bills though.

I was pointing out that in saying no to Nick Saban, that those saying no must want to keep Gailey & What is it any of your business defending SJBF, you & Jauronimo need to mind your own business, if you got something to say, say it but don't jump into someone else's argument, that's a punk move

One Question, which one of you guys is the pivot man in your circle jerk

We know what you're "pointing out" and its just as absurd as your first attempt. No need to belabor the point, unless of course, this is more of your special brand of sarcasm.

When you change your user name to escape your embarrassing past, its good practice not to out yourself by continuing the thread with your newly assumed TBD identity.

I think a big problem college coaches have is they get a huge advantage because of recruiting. You can't recruit in the NFL and the playing field is more even. That's why Harbaugh is so successful and why I think Shaw will be too. Because of the academic standards of Stanford, they can't get the players Bama or USC gets but they still find a way to win.

David Shaw would be great. Here are some college coaches I would like (wish list, few of these would be available):

1) Chip Kelly

2) David Shaw

3) Brian Kelly

4) Doug Marone (won big games at Cuse with average talent. Destroyed WVU last year and L-Ville this year...seems like a good NFL HC...has done well with QB's. Yes, I'm a Cuse fan so prob biased.)

5) Nick Saban (I'd give him another chance, Carroll is doing well his second time around).

I'd love Bruce Arians here. Very underrated coach. Would get to work (hopefully) with a new QB. Has proven he can get the job done in Indy, where no one expected anything out of that team.

I kinda like ND and want to root for them. But I think Kelly is a piece of crap. He just screams at his players and pretty much sent a kid up to die. Funny how that seems to get swept under the rug. He'd be a hard coach for me to get behind.

His past is a big indictation of his future. I'm sorry but I don't respect quitters. I would never send my son to play for him. Also, he wasn't even a good NFL coach. The real guy this team needs to focus on is David Shaw of Stanford. Runs multiple offenses, is familiar with Barkley (maybe that can be his future QB), and is a part of Harbaugh's coaching tree. That works for me.

So if David Shaw quits after two years of being HC at Stanford than he is not a quitter, Where as Saban is a quitter after being HC for only two years for the Dolphins?

So if David Shaw quits after two years of being HC at Stanford than he is not a quitter, Where as Saban is a quitter after being HC for only two years for the Dolphins?

I think yes. Going to the NFL is seen (whether right or wrong) as a promotion. Going back to the college ranks? Seems like a demotion. I actually give Saban a pass on that though bc Bama is not a traditional college job it is one of the tops in the country. However his reputation preceded that move. He went from Michigan St. (4 years and resigned immediately after the last regular season game) to LSU (4 years left after bowl game) to Miami (2 years left at end of regular season) to Bama (6 seasons and counting).

Again I want to state I don't view him as a quitter. He did not pull the same stunt as Petrino with the Falcons. He stayed until the end of the year with Miami and then moved to a great job. I can see how others would have issue with it though - his longest tenure is the current one at 6 years.

I was pointing out that in saying no to Nick Saban, that those saying no must want to keep Gailey & What is it any of your business defending SJBF, you & Jauronimo need to mind your own business, if you got something to say, say it but don't jump into someone else's argument, that's a punk move

One Question, which one of you guys is the pivot man in your circle jerk

You're all class.......The sarcasm guy originally replied to my post, saying it's sarcasm when it's not.

Is Nick Saban related to Lou Saban??? and if so, could that help bring him to Buffalo?!

He actually is a relative, but I think a distant relative.

I think yes. Going to the NFL is seen (whether right or wrong) as a promotion. Going back to the college ranks? Seems like a demotion. I actually give Saban a pass on that though bc Bama is not a traditional college job it is one of the tops in the country. However his reputation preceded that move. He went from Michigan St. (4 years and resigned immediately after the last regular season game) to LSU (4 years left after bowl game) to Miami (2 years left at end of regular season) to Bama (6 seasons and counting).

Again I want to state I don't view him as a quitter. He did not pull the same stunt as Petrino with the Falcons. He stayed until the end of the year with Miami and then moved to a great job. I can see how others would have issue with it though - his longest tenure is the current one at 6 years.

The longest tenured Buffalo Bills coach this Millenium is 2.8 Seasons.

You think coaching candidates don't know that?

Always loses at least 1 game a year he should win. I do think he did well having Georgia in position this year though. Georgia dodged, A&M, Florida, Bama, and LSU in the regular season (schedule was cake this year) and I thought they would get killed. I was wrong. Still not big on him as a candidate for the Bills though.

hes also had those discipline issues that have been major for him. thats always a bit of a red flag.

I told you he was a relative of Lou's.

hes also had those discipline issues that have been major for him. thats always a bit of a red flag.

Yeah although I did love when he took the penalty against Florida a few years ago. Thought it was a very inspiring move.

Edited by section122

The longest tenured Buffalo Bills coach this Millenium is 2.8 Seasons.

You think coaching candidates don't know that?

Jauron was here for 3.9. Funny how we're using decimals to determine length of stay though.

And you are most correct, Saban leaving Miami wasn't even in the same area code to Petrino leaving ATL.

Jauron was here for 3.9. Funny how we're using decimals to determine length of stay though.

And you are most correct, Saban leaving Miami wasn't even in the same area code to Petrino leaving ATL.

Oh yeah how can I forget the mid season extention before the Arizona game.

his wife was saying "its lost the thrill of victory"

essentially hes worn out with every week being a must win and anything short of essentially going undefeated is failure. he doesnt even get to enjoy the wins because the price of any given loss is just so huge. theres no chance for him to be the underdog, theres no rallying the troops, its just win every game or fail.

Heard this one on the radio too. She said it's like a fishbowl too. It's "bama talk all the time and it looks like it's wearing on her. I think he'll be in the NFL soon. Just not here. Would love it, but not happening.

Heard this one on the radio too. She said it's like a fishbowl too. It's "bama talk all the time and it looks like it's wearing on her. I think he'll be in the NFL soon. Just not here. Would love it, but not happening.

I think I read somewhere that he and Lombardi are looking into Cleveland. New ownership may want to make a splash.

I think he is a DBag for the way he lied to Miami and its fans (i LOL'ed though when it was going on). He would be a HUUUGGEEE improvement here.

Too splashy and expensive for RW so 0.00 chance of it happening.

I think a big problem college coaches have is they get a huge advantage because of recruiting. You can't recruit in the NFL and the playing field is more even. That's why Harbaugh is so successful and why I think Shaw will be too. Because of the academic standards of Stanford, they can't get the players Bama or USC gets but they still find a way to win.

I kinda like ND and want to root for them. But I think Kelly is a piece of crap. He just screams at his players and pretty much sent a kid up to die. Funny how that seems to get swept under the rug. He'd be a hard coach for me to get behind.

I think I disagree with you on your impressions of Kelly, particularly "sending a kid to die." But I'm interested in your thoughts on Marone, who seems to win big games (for Syr) with average talent. Had a QB this year breaking McNabb and Graves records, and a WR breaking Syr records. I'd add Bill O'Brien to the above for his work at the Patsy's and Penn State, but I get the feeling he's not leaving PSU.