Afew Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

He should have had another sack after strip sacking Bradford. However, the ball took a lucky bounce and Bradford recovered beyond the LOS.

I wondered about the ruling on that. IMO it should be a sack based on where you stopped the qb and caused a fumble, not by where its recovered , which is randon. In the opposite scenario where a QB scrambles passed the LOS , fumbles, and its recovered behind the LOS, that's not a sack.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirk cousins where art thou ? Winning games in Dc already ? Awesome !!

I was flipping through channels during the dismal Bills/Rams game. I witnessed Kirk Cousins comes in cold for the injured RGIII and immediately demonstrated that he can make plays in crunch time, something our veteran qb is incapable of. This is another qb prospect among many that Nix let pass by when the opportunity was there for little cost.

What do the Bills get with Fitz receiving all the playing time on a losing team. Absolutely nothing. If Nix would have had a young prospect on the roster at least he could have productively used the playing time in developing the young player.

Edited by JohnC

I was flipping through channels during the dismal Bills/Rams game. I witnessed Kirk Cousins comes in cold for the injured RGIII and immediately demonstrated that he can make plays in crunch time, something our veteran qb is incapable of. This is another qb prospect among many that Nix let pass by when the opportunity was there for little cost.

What do the Bills get with Fitz receiving all the playing time on a losing team. Absolutely nothing. If Nix would have had a young prospect on the roster at least he could have productively used the playing time in developing the young player.

Excellent point: these last 3 games we perfect time to get a rookie some starts like eagles are doing with foles. But would have happened only IF Chan conceded fitz wasnt the guy

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Excellent point: these last 3 games we perfect time to get a rookie some starts like eagles are doing with foles. But would have happened only IF Chan conceded fitz wasnt the guy

Gailey is going to live and die with Fitz. They're tied at the hip.

Unfortunately Gailey will probably be back next year. Even if we draft a QB this season, it will most likely be another HC that develops him and not chan.

3) The "block in the back" penalty on Gilmore's interception was another pitiful call. I was watching a game with a Rams fan, who openly admitted that this was not a foul. Again, the Bills are bad enough from top to bottom without this kind of s*%t.

8) The fumble by FJ in the first quarter did well to sum up what we endure as Bills fans. And, I noticed that he was hurt yet again. The truth is, Fred is probably all but finished.

The story of the game are your points #3 and #8 in my opinion. if neither happens, the Bills win.. The block in the back was sheer trickery and the idiot ref was fooled by it. That ref should be embarrassed to have called it. An official needs to have more situational awareness and be mindful of that nonsense.

Fred has let us down this year with some big fumbles. That was another one.

The ref who threw the flag on the block-in-the-back was in a direct line behind Moore and could not see the distance between Moore and Derek Roy the guy who dook the dive.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but how does Chan not even call for a review on the "fumble" by Fitz where his hand and the ball both moved forward with no other contact?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but how does Chan not even call for a review on the "fumble" by Fitz where his hand and the ball both moved forward with no other contact?

100% agree. I was shouting at the TV. There was no doubt that his hand was going forward on replay.

snipped

Lastly: Hey Bills fan dudes in the end zone front row stands: if someone is doing the Lambeau Leap you've gotta catch the poor bastard so he doesn't flop over onto the cement. They parted like the red sea, and it took 'em like two minutes to shoehorn poor Lee Smith outta there. Just because our receivers can't catch anything doesn't mean our fans hafta wiff too......

That was downright embarrassing, and will probably make more than one blooper reel!

100% agree. I was shouting at the TV. There was no doubt that his hand was going forward on replay.

Oh please. The replay showed 100% that the ball was slipping out of his hand on the way back.

The ball can still move forward in this case and does quite frequently.

That's why Fitz did not hesitate at all and jumped on it immediately. He also did not signal over to Gailey to challenge.

It was a fumble, end of story.

If you want to complain about the block in the back call on the pick, at least you have a gripe there.

But the bottom line is the Bills snatched a defeat out of the jaws of victory yet again. Mainly due to Chan Gailey.

5) Help me out.....why did Gailey call a timeout with 9 seconds left before halftime, instead of letting the clock run down? I was watching the game with no sound, so I don't know whether or not it was a 4th down play. I get it if it wasn't 4th down. Thanks.

8) The fumble by FJ in the first quarter did well to sum up what we endure as Bills fans. And, I noticed that he was hurt yet again. The truth is, Fred is probably all but finished.

11) I guess that the wildcat worked so well last week that Gailey said, "screw it" and just left it out of the playbook. He is an inept head coach. There cannot be a shred of doubt left.

Basically our coach is no good. With all the time left (almost a minute) on the clock before half, why didnt we try a td in the endzone??? Oh yeah our coach is safe and stupid. I forgot for a few seconds. I guarantee the ravens, pats, saints, colts, broncos try at least once....

Agree. Seems like the laws of physics would dictate that since the ball moved FORWARD out of his hand with no other contact, then Fitz's arm was what moved it that way - thus incomplete pass.

Agree. Seems like the laws of physics would dictate that since the ball moved FORWARD out of his hand with no other contact, then Fitz's arm was what moved it that way - thus incomplete pass.

They got burned on that same call and challenge against Cleveland. It likely would have been upheld just the same. Good for Fitz to have the awareness to jump on the ball.

They also got the first down after the "fumble."

That he always complains about drafting secondary high saying we should only go for linemen , while ignoring the failings of dradting linemen. BTW mckelvin as a decent backup CB and best return man in the game , contributes more to bills than dareus and troupe combined.

When you get a chance, start with the last year that we made the playoffs. Check out how mant corners we drafted since then in the first 4 rounds vs, how may DTs we have drafted. If you want, do it for every round. Or really, go back as far as you want. Then, let me know just how well it has worked.

Either way, thanks for the dialogue and I hope all is well. :thumbsup:

http://www.drafthist...php/teams/bills

Edited by Bill from NYC

That was downright embarrassing, and will probably make more than one blooper reel!

It was featured today on Hot Clicks on the Sports Illustrated Web Site.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/extramustard/hotclicks/12/10/jason-avant-catch-of-the-year-jade-bryce/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf1_a4

http://cosbysweaters.com/2012/12/09/bills-fans-forget-to-catch-lee-smith-gif/

When you get a chance, start with the last year that we made the playoffs. Check out how mant corners we drafted since then in the first 4 rounds vs, how may DTs we have drafted. If you want, do it for every round. Or really, go back as far as you want. Then, let me know just how well it has worked.

Either way, thanks for the dialogue and I hope all is well. :thumbsup:

http://www.drafthist...php/teams/bills

Are you talking "corners" as in coverage guys or including anyone in the secondary such as free and strong safeties? Because you realize of course the latter grouping would have anywhere from a 2 to 1, to 6 to 1 ratio of corners to DT's on the field depending on defensive formation. So it stands to reason one would draft more secondary players than DTs. if it's only strict coverage guys, theyve drafted about the same # of DTs and CBs in the first 2 rounds.

Gailey absolutely doesn't get it that Spiller needs 20+ touches, and Fred Jackson isn't the Fred of last year...he has lost a step for sure, likely the injuries and age. Hopefully Jacksons injury will make him play Spiller more, but who knows, he likes Choice.

When Fred got hurt, he sent Choice into the game, not Spiller

I am speaking of only corners, and I am not taking into account the many free agent corners that we have also signed.

oh geez, so now that your draft "analysis" doesn't work, you're trying to stretch it to an unsupported argument including free agents too. LOL ... this points to the obsession you have against secondary personnel that myself and others have pointed out many times

7) Fitz, down 3, was NEVER going to bring us back, not even to a tie. You could put him in this scenario 10 times and it won't happen. And yes, he was getting his ass kicked. Yes, I get it, but he is just not talented enough to take over game. It's a shame too because he has a ton of heart. In any event, put me in the camp that would trade a 1st for Rivers. I'm not a fan of his, but it's better than drafting another corner.

I agree with the first sentence above. And yet...and yet...two years ago when he took over as starter, I didn't feel that way. First half of the season last year, I didn't feel that way.

What happened? Seriously?

Rivers? Seriously? I for one am sick of other team's retread QB. Let's try for someone who might become elite.

The replay showed that the ball "slipped" out of his hand with the direction of the ball was forward. It was a fumble. Fitz recognized that the ball slipped out and immediately reacted to recover the ball.