Trade for Kirk Cousins

So Washington won't trade Cousins because a sports writer says they shouldn't? Washington gave up alot to get RG3. If they could trade last years 4th round pick for a top 10 pick in 2013 they would consider it.

I say they don't trade Cousins based on RG3's style of play that makes him susceptible to injury. Cousins mitigates the risk of extended periods of time with RG3 out of the lineup.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the odds are against him succeeding. Has nothing to do with Nix, just look at how many teams fail. Since 1995 when Kelly retired, I looked up how many teams went through different starting QB's from one year till next. I defined it as whomever started the most games one year, then if the next year someone different started the most games, that was a change in QB This was the list:

10 different QB's Vikes, Bears, Browns, Fins, Redskins

9 different QB's Raiders Jets, Cardinals, & Bills

8 Ravens, Panthers, Bucs, Bengals

7 Falcons, Cowboys, Chiefs

At the bottom of the list Packers Colts, Pats with two each

There's some teams with what are considered very good front offices and they couldn't succeed either. It goes back to my argument that you have a league with 32 teams and about a dozen top level QB's The rest just keep cycling through names. That's why I'm sure the Bill's stuck with Fitz, they knew he wasn't going to be mistaken for Drew Bree's or someone like that, but knew the odds of finding someone better weren't all that high and hoped he would have done better than he did.

considering Nix opted to go with Fitz rather than draft a guy from what could be the best quarterback class in NFL history leaves me little faith in him drafting our franchise qb.

I say they don't trade Cousins based on RG3's style of play that makes him susceptible to injury. Cousins mitigates the risk of extended periods of time with RG3 out of the lineup.

Keep him 2 more years, for peanuts and get your bounty at the end if he's good. It'll be even greater if he plays well, and you'll have enjoyed a great backup.

Only way it makes sense to trade him now is if they think he's bound to crash.

Cousins only played yesterday because it was Cleveland. Had it been a tougher opponent RG would have played.

As others have noted, the deadline has passed. That being said, I'd be far more comfortable trading a 3rd or 4th for Cousins than taking any of the QBs in the draft with our first or second rounder, unless our scouts really feel confident in someone.

Redskins would only take a 1st or several picks including a 2nd for him. We have no leverage other than to replace the picks they gave up to get RGIII, and those were not 3 and 4th rounders, my friend. . We had our shot at Cousins, et al and passed. Move on. The only sure fire guys were Luck and RGIII. The rest are who knows.

Keep him 2 more years, for peanuts and get your bounty at the end if he's good. It'll be even greater if he plays well, and you'll have enjoyed a great backup.

Only way it makes sense to trade him now is if they think he's bound to crash.

His stock is high as a relatively unknown commodity and GMs are attracted by this. Mathematics and history are against this kid being any good. What are the chances a team drafts 2 elite QBs in one draft? Nil. So the more he plays, the more people are going to see that he's just pedestrian. The time to trade him is this off-season.

Plus, are people really going to want to trade for a kid who has been a back-up for 4 years? It's not like he's playing behind a future HOFer.

I like what I saw in the Redskins / Browns game was able to throw rolling out right and left, down field and was evasive in the pocket. Was able to get the ball down field with ease and zipped the ball in to the receiver in coverage. I am thinking he was on our board and we did not move ahead of Washington because who would have thought they would have drafted two QB's

Eat crow and offer a 2nd rounder if we can in my mind if it takes a 2 and next years 3 do it!

His stock is high as a relatively unknown commodity and GMs are attracted by this. Mathematics and history are against this kid being any good. What are the chances a team drafts 2 elite QBs in one draft? Nil. So the more he plays, the more people are going to see that he's just pedestrian. The time to trade him is this off-season.

Plus, are people really going to want to trade for a kid who has been a back-up for 4 years? It's not like he's playing behind a future HOFer.

He could be the next Kevin Kolb!

Git er' dun, Buddy!

GO BILLS!!!

Cousins only played yesterday because it was Cleveland. Had it been a tougher opponent RG would have played.

I believe you're dead wrong on this.

Anyone who saw RG3's lower leg flapping around as he was cartwheeling through the air is astounded that he can still walk.

Cousins took all the first team snaps in practice this past week. RG3 as it was revealed only did some individual work. The Skins did a nice job of making people believe that there was a chance that RG3 could play but I never believed it for a second and the practice reports seem to back me up.

I'd actually still be somewhat surprised if RG3 played this week at Philadelphia.

The Redskins would be absolutely daft to play RG3 when Cousins did so well last week and his previous heroics. The Redskins wouldn't dare trade away a young dependable backup for nothing less than an arm and leg. At last count the Bills don't have a leg to stand on. Therefore no trade.

Cousins would fail in Buffalo. Wash puts their players in a position to succeed. AWESOME playcalling by shanahan jr. freaking AWESOME.

Now Shanahan Jr. is awesome? I listen to DC radio all the time and he's been roasted there for three years.

So many teams are desperate for a qb this year, bad picks and trades will be made. Same thing for HC hirings.

I would try for Teo 1st round and hope the OL stays healthy next year and sign Levitre.

2014 looks better for the qb picks. Stay with sure picks and trades this off season. Starting from scratch again with the people avail to us looks less promising.

He could be the next Kevin Kolb!

Git er' dun, Buddy!

GO BILLS!!!

Chances are he is the next Kevin Kolb, so it's best to unload him while it's still unknown. Besides Matt Schaub and Favre, has any other backup QB ever worked out for another team?

And Washington needs to recoup draft picks today, not 4 years from now.

Chances are he is the next Kevin Kolb, so it's best to unload him while it's still unknown. Besides Matt Schaub and Favre, has any other backup QB ever worked out for another team?

And Washington needs to recoup draft picks today, not 4 years from now.

And favre was still a high pick, and traded for only a small premium the following year to a GM that wanted him with his last team in the draft, so he went out and got him with his new team essentially trading a mid 1st a year later for a high 2nd the year before (almost no mark up when you value the picks with the one year wait). It was also (as noted above) a GM with a new team which helps with the egg on the face of "I passed last year but want him now" with a 3 round premium in this cousins discussion

I believe you're dead wrong on this.

Anyone who saw RG3's lower leg flapping around as he was cartwheeling through the air is astounded that he can still walk.

Cousins took all the first team snaps in practice this past week. RG3 as it was revealed only did some individual work. The Skins did a nice job of making people believe that there was a chance that RG3 could play but I never believed it for a second and the practice reports seem to back me up.

I'd actually still be somewhat surprised if RG3 played this week at Philadelphia.

Yeah, they were calling him "Gumby". That leg had to be close to a major injury. Had to.

PS - Redskins are not trading Cousins.

Edited by JPS

On the local DC radio. They debating an offer for Cousins of two 2nd round picks.

What say you TBD?

2013 & 2014 2nd round pick for Kirk Cousins

I liked him comming out of Michigan St. Some of the talk on this board was that they thought he collapsed in big games.

He didn't collpase in 2 big NFL games.

Edited by Why So Serious?

On the local DC radio. They debating an offer for Cousins of two 2nd round picks.

What say you TBD?

2013 & 2014 2nd round pick for Kirk Cousins

I liked him comming out of Michigan St. Some of the talk on this board was that they thought he collapsed in big games.

He didn't collpase in 2 big NFL games.

Get er done.....if geno is out of the running.