Chan NOT the man for the job going forward.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comparison is baffling but I agree with the rest after that.

I guess the point I attempted to make was 13 games in and Spiller is getting gassed? At what point in a season does a running back hit his stride? I assume we have strength and conditioning coaches, Someone, the player one of his coaches, someone should get this guy some conditioning work. Or find out what medical condition wears him out so quickly. Has their ever been another back in the league with this issue?

Sometimes a coach does things because he isn't seeing what he wants out of a player. Not that you'll agree or understand the concept.

Gailey didn't like the 26 yards on Spiller's first 2 carries of the 2nd half?

Did he enjoy FJ's <2 ypc, or his red zone fumble?

FJ is one of Chan's pets. That much is clear. As is Choice. Hell, even Choice had a 20 carry game earlier this year. Other than being a GT grad, what does Gailey see in Choice?

This comes down to him taking Lindell of the field. Inexcusable.

I would have went for it but I really did not mind the punt, especially with the lead and the rain coming down.

I think the timeout was the true sign of a poorly coached and poorly prepared team.

Football 101- take the penalty, give the punter more room.

I remember when Gregg called for a punt on 4th and 2 at the 32 v. the Patriots in Fall, 2002. All the talk radio after the game was about that gutless call.....that's not Buffalo Bills football!! we cried. I remember claiming that he had tic tac testicles.

Now we have Gailey repeatedly showing no guts, but we just discuss it and move on.....why? Because we have come to expect NOTHING from this team under his tutelage. I watch the games, as I have done for more than 40 years, because I am a fan. Tomorrow at work I will be besieged by Rams fans saying blah blah blah, Bills suck, etc. I'll shrug it off. I think everybody watching that game knew the Bills were going to lose the moment Gailey chose to punt. Actually, I knew it was a loss when they called our guy for holding on that interception return.

We expect nothing, and that's exactly what we get. We need to demand more from this group. We pay their bills.

I guess the point I attempted to make was 13 games in and Spiller is getting gassed? At what point in a season does a running back hit his stride? I assume we have strength and conditioning coaches, Someone, the player one of his coaches, someone should get this guy some conditioning work. Or find out what medical condition wears him out so quickly. Has their ever been another back in the league with this issue?

I completely understood your point. I was just saying it was a bad reference. Gailey is just blowing smoke as to why he isn't running CJ more than the other two. CJ is the RB they need to lean on. He's 3 years in so his strength and conditioning should be there. If he doesn't have it then he doesn't have it but I think it's a bunch of BS.

His coaching style is more tentative than Edwards was throwing the ball. Terrible time management at the end of the 1st half, not letting Lindell kick the 52 yard kick because they botched 1 extra point. He needs to go. Someone on this team needs to do more than call him out in a thinly veiled fashion. Someone needs to say, "we have the talent. We need better play calling than we've had all year. We need a new HC."

If this silly football team of ours goes into next season with Gailey and Fitz both still at the helm, it's going to look like 1985 in that stadium. But that might actually be what happens. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Nix keeps Gailey in the interest of "continuity". 50/50 that Fitz will be around. It all depends on who they get at qb in the draft/free agency. I could totally see them drafting a guy in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round, starting Fitz and telling everyone that "the kid isn't ready yet". The guys running the show are about 15 years behind, so it wouldn't be a shock. In the modern NFL, we see brand new regimes and/or brand new qbs in the playoffs. It does happen. But this is a franchise that employs a head coach who thinks any kick over 50 is low percentage, so they clearly don't live in the modern NFL.

6 letters:

P-O-L-I-A-N

It's the right move, which is why it won't happen.

Edited by STC

Chan's post game presser was pathetic.

http://www.buffalobi...d1-75e7c31cfbec

Chan needs a hug.

Seriously... the asked him is it too much for him being HC and OC.

Chan's answer... I don't think that will change. I done it my whole career.

Problem is when dont use your main weapon people are going to question your Head Coaching abilities and rightly so.