Chan NOT the man for the job going forward.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty frustrating when my nine year old keeps asking me why Gailey doesn't let Spiller run the ball more. What's most frustrating is to not have a good answer for him.

My wife said to me today:

"Honey, i pray every year for your team to be good...i cant stand seeing your heart break every year!"

As for my son...i let him choose whatever team he wanted to...it would be child abuse if i raised him to be a bills fan!

To the former, tell me please what Chan could have possibly seen up to that point that wasn't to his liking about CJ's play?

Imagine you are the coach and you have a series of plays that you want to call. You want to set up a certain play for a certain player. You call several of these plays in the sequence. Then, the guy you are trying to set up taps out of the game. He says, "Coach, I need a blow."

Tell me, are you overwhelmed with confidence? Or are you a little disturbed? Maybe even annoyed?

That is the point. Maybe it isn't all Gailey. Maybe there is something else going on here.

To the latter (bolded) comment, that just sounds condescending, as if somehow you are supposing you & Chan know something us mere minions don't.

I was annoyed by the other poster. I felt, he wasn't interested in discussing the point, but was just trying to shout down the idea and stop any chance of a conversation. Spiller said what he said; denying it doesn't change it.

Plenty of other coaches have gotten the axe for far less than the fiasco that is Chan's tenure here. The fact that he still has a job as HC of the Bills is an embarrassing laughingstock. Every week I ask myself if Chan can outdo himself and he does. Nix looks dumber every week defending Chan's performance. His decision making and laughable justifications are beyond poor, they are disturbing.

From the top down, this organization has no sense of shame. And now the players are playing like the coach.

Before you go off the deep end on me and think that I am just defending Gailey, you should know that I am not. I am no fan of Chan Gailey. Never was and I think he has made plenty of mistakes.

I was merely suggesting a possibility, as a point of debate. That possibility is not very palatable to folks that have decided CJ Spiller is better than Barry Sanders and Chan Gailey is the stupidest person ever. I understand that. On the other hand, this is a discussion board, and facing points of view that aren't perfectly in line with your preconceptions is a chance to think about something other than "Fitz sucks" and "Chan is full of ****".

My wife said to me today:

"Honey, i pray every year for your team to be good...i cant stand seeing your heart break every year!"

As for my son...i let him choose whatever team he wanted to...it would be child abuse if i raised him to be a bills fan!

I let him choose too, we live in Virginia. He chose the Bills. He's more die hard about watching the games than I am, but even this week wore a little thin on him. He kept saying "Another Field Goal?!?! Why won't they just run the ball?"

Bruce Arians baby!

So you want to dump a guy who was run out of P'burgh for his refusal to commit to the run game.

And replace him with a guy who was run out of P'burgh for his refusal to commit to the run game.

What could possibly go wrong?

So you want to dump a guy who was run out of P'burgh for his refusal to commit to the run game.

And replace him with a guy who was run out of P'burgh for his refusal to commit to the run game.

What could possibly go wrong?

He runs the ball with ballard, more importantly he knows how to run a team.