Rams on Sunday

jumbalaya

the rams are playing hard and with confidence. they are 1-0-1 against SF one of the best teams in the league and would be 2-0 if their wr covered the tackle on the first play of overtimein the tied game. i can't see us beating them with our injuries on offense especially. rams plus points and the under. fitzy blows another one under pressure and our dbs beat like a drum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rams are one of those teams that are difficult to understand.

They've lost to the Packers, Bears, Patriots, Dolphins, Lions & Jets.

Yet they have beaten the 49'ers, Seahawks, Redskins & Cardinals(2).

The strength of the Rams is their defense: 12th against the pass, 13th against the run & 12th total.

Sam Bradford at times looks good and at times looks pedestrian, and the WR's are not big names, but are up-and-comers. Steven Jackson is still very good, but no longer appears to be the workhorse.

The Bills will have their hands full in this one. They must do what they did last week and run the ball. Our banged up O-Line will have their hands full against the Rams very tough D-Line.

Edited by Mark Vader

Rams 27, Bills 17.

Caveat - Unless Fitz hit on 2 passes over 30 yards. How's that for a random, garbage opinion?

The spread is -3, Buffalo, with an over/under of 42. I think we cover given the Rams' weakness against AFC teams/ones they aren't familiar with; we should be able to run on them, and I think the defense has improved enough to shut down big plays (I imagine they will have several scoring drives, but limited mainly to FGs). It's a toss-up, really, but I'm more confident in our defensive momentum than in St. Louis' recent win streak. That being said, this is probably a game that Fitz could lose if we're playing catch-up late in the fourth.

The spread is -3, Buffalo, with an over/under of 42. I think we cover given the Rams' weakness against AFC teams/ones they aren't familiar with; we should be able to run on them, and I think the defense has improved enough to shut down big plays (I imagine they will have several scoring drives, but limited mainly to FGs). It's a toss-up, really, but I'm more confident in our defensive momentum than in St. Louis' recent win streak. That being said, this is probably a game that Fitz could lose if we're playing catch-up late in the fourth.

Well put. I come down on the other side. Our winning defensive efforts have come against Miami on a 6 game slide and Jax. I expect Chris Givens to catch 15 balls and they still have SJax. Their defensive front might be all top 5 picks. But I will admit I know little about their back 7. I know they have decent corners. You can feed me my words Sunday evening, but I see St. Louis continuing their surge and the 3 Bills offensive injuries showing up as a pick 6 in a loss. And maybe 6 field goals. Have you seen Zeurlein kick? Incredible.

The Rams pass rush (4th in sacks) scare me, especially with the new starters on the OL in Young and Snow. I don't know if these guys can man the right side and block that strong front four of the Rams. All the more for our Running game to get going and take the game out of Fitz's hands.

The Bills will win.

I'm noticing that a lot of people aren't really seeing or maybe they're not buying the improvement of this team.

There is some really good football being played by the Bills.

Against bartenders...

Don't get it.

The Bills beat up on the very worst teams in the NFL. They never fail to shrink from a major challenge at a key time. Be it the Pats, Jets or even the Colts, this team is not talented enough or coached well enough to run with the big boys.

My reference to bartenders refers to what most of the Jaguars, et. al. should be.

Gotcha. Thanks.

We'll see on Sunday. I just rewatched the Jags game and I think there are several very positive developments that are under most people's radar.

One thing that could hurt the Bills is that they'll be starting David Snow and Sam Young on the offensive line but the silver lining could be that the Bills will pass less. The Rams have several good pass rushers so it would behoove the Bills to run the ball more.

What's the weather forecast for the game? Anyone?