Is Suh the "baddest" guy in the NFL?

zow2

So now, Suh is accused by Indianapolis of giving their right tackle a concussion and standing over the Indy player to celebrate.

Seems like every week this guy is accused of driving someone hard into the turf, kicking them in the nuts, excessive use of force, etc..

I've always wondered if there's a "toughest" guy in the NFL...because so many of these guys are huge. Is there anyone around that will challenge Suh on the field? Can someone take a cheap shot on him? Seems like he does anything he wants. You know there are things happening under the pile that don't even get reported.

Somebody should cheap shot his knees and see how he likes it.

ya, i agree. i never root to see someone get hurt but Suh deserves to get cheap shotted. I just wanna see the dude tough enough to try it. mostly these other players whine about him after the game.

agree with hindsight on this. he has not proven toughness. a thug when all his buddies are around.

And a bad influence for teamates and fans alike.

Lions are out of control or this is the NFL creating controversy to keep us jabbering.

I dont want Suh injured, but a little of the old "taking down to size" might be warranted.

or a swift kick to the nuts. either or i am fine with.

ya, i agree. i never root to see someone get hurt but Suh deserves to get cheap shotted. I just wanna see the dude tough enough to try it. mostly these other players whine about him after the game.

I would love to see someone Alvin Mack his @$$.

Conrad Dobler and other linemen of his day would have taken Suh's knee out by now. I watched video of Dick Butkus high lights on youtube. Stick the sholder, wrap the runner up and drive him into mother earth. He was tough and mean player but was never dirty. Suh should learn from this. Butkus was feared and respected at the same time.

So now, Suh is accused by Indianapolis of giving their right tackle a concussion and standing over the Indy player to celebrate.

Seems like every week this guy is accused of driving someone hard into the turf, kicking them in the nuts, excessive use of force, etc..

I've always wondered if there's a "toughest" guy in the NFL...because so many of these guys are huge. Is there anyone around that will challenge Suh on the field? Can someone take a cheap shot on him? Seems like he does anything he wants. You know there are things happening under the pile that don't even get reported.

JJ Watt is the baddest man in the NFL.

Eric Wood (when healthy) can put Suh in his place, I remember 2 years back when we played them in preseason and Wood couldn't wait to take on Suh and he did zero in that game and the same thing will happen when we play them again in season.

He is an oversized soccer hooligan

Awesome :lol:

Conrad Dobler and other linemen of his day would have taken Suh's knee out by now. I watched video of Dick Butkus high lights on youtube. Stick the sholder, wrap the runner up and drive him into mother earth. He was tough and mean player but was never dirty. Suh should learn from this. Butkus was feared and respected at the same time.

Dobler was 10x dirtier than Suh ever thought abt being but that was a different era when players weren't big whining Divas.

I object a bit to your thread title. In football being bad is good, but what Suh is doing is not bad it's pathetic...but I get your point.

What I do not understand is why hasn't some team, especially one in his division, really gone after the guy? I know that cameras are everywhere, but some well timed double team blocks etc. seem to be called for.

I've come to the conclusion that the posters who say that the team is a reflection of their coach are correct. POS undiciplined coaches yield POS undiciplined players.

I like Suh. Like his talent , attitude and game. In the old days he'd be labelled a hard nose tough football player. Butkus was idolized for worse

No one would object more strongly to this statement than Dick Butkus.

As for talent...when was the last time you saw Suh praised for his play on the field? (hint...his rookie season)

I think football has just turned into a big pu$$y sport. I mean seriously, this thread was started because a guy hit someone too hard. Honestly? Its football dude, you are supposed to hit hard.

Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott, Dick Butkus, these are the greatest players of all time. Yet if they played today they would be suspended as many games as they played and would be labeled total dirt bags and over rated by the jackwagons on ESPN and on this board. Mean Joe Greene didn't get that nickname by being nice you know.

What about Landry from The jets or James Harrison or Vince Wilfork?

Seriously what makes Harrison dirty? I know he hits hard, but please be specific, because hitting hard is not dirty, its encouraged. By those measures Donte Whitner is dirty. Did harrison stomp someones face or lung at someones knee? Did he poke someone in the eye? Same goes for Laundry - what has he done? All he does is hit people hard, now he is dirty? You guys watch too much ESPN

As for talent...when was the last time you saw Suh praised for his play on the field? (hint...his rookie season)

Actually he was very dominant in that Thanksgiving day game. And I've seen him a few other times, he can still blow up triple teams and he is one of the fastest DTs in the league.

The dude is a stud.

Edited by peterpan