Joe Flacco - interested?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So, we can give Mr. Flacco 2 more playoff wins on his resume including another road playoff win. He's now 7-4 in the playoffs with 5 road playoff wins. Jim Kelly had a total of 1 road playoff win, ever. 1992 AFC Championship @ Miami. He was a total of 1-3 in true road games and 1-7 in playoff games away from home. This one was over Peyton Manning that required a TD to tie with under 1:30 to play. I see this as a positive if you want the Bills to have a shot at him. The stumbling block with the Ravens was price. Today's performance didn't lower his price tag any.

Over 2 playoff games he's got 613 yds passing, 5TD, 0INT, Rating over 120, QBR vs. Indy 89.5 with at least as good today if not better. Made key throws at key times. The ball over the middle to Pitta to get them off the goalline on 3rd down was huge, the out to Boldin in OT was gorgeous, the bomb to tie was 50+ yards in the air with the pocket breaking down and him stepping up in the pocket.

Last time we chatted the room was split, either he was a significant upgrade, middle of the road, or awful. I'm sticking to my guns that he's better than any QB we'll get at #8 and is thus worthy of a bid once he gets Franchised.

There's no way he's going anywhere, especially after today's performance. Baltimore will franchise him if it comes to that. Who would they get to replace him if he was allowed to walk?? Anyone who thinks that Flacco will actually be available is just kidding himself.

So, we can give Mr. Flacco 2 more playoff wins on his resume including another road playoff win. He's now 7-4 in the playoffs with 5 road playoff wins. Jim Kelly had a total of 1 road playoff win, ever. 1992 AFC Championship @ Miami. He was a total of 1-3 in true road games and 1-7 in playoff games away from home. This one was over Peyton Manning that required a TD to tie with under 1:30 to play. I see this as a positive if you want the Bills to have a shot at him. The stumbling block with the Ravens was price. Today's performance didn't lower his price tag any.

Over 2 playoff games he's got 613 yds passing, 5TD, 0INT, Rating over 120, QBR vs. Indy 89.5 with at least as good today if not better. Made key throws at key times. The ball over the middle to Pitta to get them off the goalline on 3rd down was huge, the out to Boldin in OT was gorgeous, the bomb to tie was 50+ yards in the air with the pocket breaking down and him stepping up in the pocket.

Last time we chatted the room was split, either he was a significant upgrade, middle of the road, or awful. I'm sticking to my guns that he's better than any QB we'll get at #8 and is thus worthy of a bid once he gets Franchised.

Again - exclusive rights franchise tag. We won't even get to talk to him. He's a raven for long term no doubt.

I have fun slamming him, but I will give him props, he was money today. Still not a fan of his playing style or leadership intangibles, but I can't deny what I saw today, I hope he can keep it going this year for Ray.

Which forces Baltimore to give him the money they don't want to give. If they wanted to do that he'd be extended already.

No, it doesn't. It buys them time to work out a deal. Which the don't want to do yet. An extra year on the cheap is being squeezed now then funnel those Lewis and reed dollars to him and give him a decent deal. Qb negotiations are pretty easy typically but often use the tag which gets fans all out of sorts.

Edited by NoSaint

Joe Flacco is on the last year of his deal and an extension has not yet been signed with Baltimore. His agent has already been cited as saying that they are looking for top-tier QB money (think Brady money) http://nesn.com/2012...om-brady-money/ Baltimore obviously disagrees or this deal would be done already. Flacco's play of late can't be helping matters either.

Clearly Baltimore won't let him walk for nothing but it's likely he'll end up Franchise tagged at the end of the year which would put him on a 1 year deal at about 14.5 million. I don't see Flacco signing that deal and he'll hold out for more money and more years with a nice payday up front. Assuming that the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl, it's reasonable to think that Baltimore will continue to balk at that and will listen to trade offers.

Here are Flacco's 3 year stats compared with Fitzpatrick

Flacco

2010 - 62.6% 25TDs 10INT Rating 93.6 QBR 60.4

2011 - 57.6% 20TDs 12INT Rating 80.9 QBR 59.7

2012 - 59.2% 15TDs 8INT Rating 85.0 QBR 50.8

Fitzpatrick

2010 - 57.8% 23TDs 15INT Rating 81.8 QBR 48.4

2011 - 62.0% 24TDs 23INT Rating 79.1 QBR 50.5

2012 - 61.1% 20TDs 12INT Rating 85.1 QBR 47.2

According to the stats Flacco and Fitzpatrick are having very similar years this year. Flacco's past was much better and Fitzpatrick's was about the same. Flacco is 27 years old, Fitzpatrick is 30.

Flacco has had 9 4th quarter comebacks and 14 game winning drives in his career, he's won 5 playoff games (understood that's a team stat), and played very well the last 2 playoff seasons and was a Lee Evans drop from the Super Bowl (on an excellent pass following a last minute drive)

Fitzpatrick has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 7 game winning drives.

Flacco's stats are not up to snuff with the Mannings and Brady's of the world - statistically he trails Tony Romo as well. Baltimore could easily part ways with him if he doesn't lower his asking price, which I don't think he will. Flacco has a history of acting on his own principles. He originally attended Pitt as a recruit of Walt Harris but trasnferred to 1-AA Delaware when he was stuck behind Tyler Palko. Apparently Matt Cavanagh made that call but he came with Wannstedt when Harris left so you could blame Wannstedt if you wish. He felt undervalued by Pitt and he left. I could see the same thing happening with Baltimore.

Is Flacco worth the 2 #1s to sign outright? If not what IS he worth to you, both in trade and in dollars?

I like the guy, I think he brings a lot of what we need to the table and is a much safer bet than ANY of the rookie QBs available this year.

yeah but after todays game I doubt Baltimore lets him go.

There's no way he's going anywhere, especially after today's performance. Baltimore will franchise him if it comes to that. Who would they get to replace him if he was allowed to walk?? Anyone who thinks that Flacco will actually be available is just kidding himself.

This

Now is anyone interested in Paul Kruger?