Bills D putting up very good stats over last 4 weeks

Well Wanny's D is based on rushing only four. With Mario hurt it was killing him. Now that he seems to be back and playing well, the D is doing well. Add a top notch LB in off season and maybe some depth in the secondary who can actually play, a year of experience for Gilmore and Brooks, maybe Sercy starts. Maybe another off season Merriman will even be playing at a high level, or was he only signed thru this season?? Don't recall??

Maybe Chan was right about consistency and fitting gaps. The play of the defense is much better and the players are all saying the same thing.

But...

They seem to be blitzing a little more.

And Gilmore is switching side to side to take out their number one target. I don't recall him doing this earlier in the year. Not to praise him too much as all Indy did to free up Wayne was move him in the slot but it still looks like he has changed/adjusted after the bye week.

Defense hasn't played bad except for two halves all season... They have been subjected to untimely turnovers, poor field position because of an inept offensive unit and a punter that can't flip the field when they need him to. I would imagine without looking at stats this offense is top 10 in 3 plays and out or least time of possession.

Dude... the past few weeks the bills have played against the worst nfl offenses... and the bills still rank 25th on defense.

We played the Texans and the Pats after the bye. Those are the worst offenses in the league?!?!?!?! Week 1 the Jets shredded us and they are the aweful. D is obviously playing better.

Dude... the past few weeks the bills have played against the worst nfl offenses... and the bills still rank 25th on defense.

good point, because the Bills also looked dominate against the (2-10) Chiefs, and now did again against the hapless (2-10) Jags. How they play against Seattle (7-5) should be very telling.

Maybe Chan was right about consistency and fitting gaps. The play of the defense is much better and the players are all saying the same thing.

But...

And Gilmore is switching side to side to take out their number one target. I don't recall him doing this earlier in the year. Not to praise him too much as all Indy did to free up Wayne was move him in the slot but it still looks like he has changed/adjusted after the bye week.

Long as they are playing better, watching those abysmal earlier performances were brutal.

considering they were ranked 38th before that is a huge improvement. ;)

Plus as bad as they were they will not have a good ranking no matter how well they the rest of the year.

But...

Maybe? lol

But...

Ok I gotta ask, whats the deal with everyone having the same display pic as you? I dont get it. Whats it of?

CBF

I don't doubt that the players are doing better. The Graham article counts for a lot for me. I think our D scheme is still far from perfect, and Wanny should be kept on a tight leash, but I can't deny that Mario Williams is making the progress we were hoping he would. I remember people saying that we would be happy if he got 10 sacks, and already he's at 9.5. He's clearly turning the corner faster and is finally looking to be worth the money. We do have him locked up for a long time, remember?

Meanwhile Stephon Gilmore is coming along nicely. We kept seeing him get beat consistently early in the season but I think he's been playing admirably against the opponents #1 receivers.

So really, I don't know Wanny is doing anything, but we are seeing markedly better play, even against crazy good offenses like the Texans and Patriots.

good point, because the Bills also looked dominate against the (2-10) Chiefs, and now did again against the hapless (2-10) Jags. How they play against Seattle (7-5) should be very telling.

They also held Houston to 21, their 2nd lowest output of the season and more than 8 points below their season average. I know this season has sucked but why can't we give credit to Wanny and the defense for improving? People loved destroying the guy earlier in the season.

And Seattle is not a very good offense.

But...

you know, I haven't noticed more blitzing. I don't know that there has been more or less, but I noticed against the jags, with just four Henne was rushing throws. I saw a thread about how Marcel, and Kyle were quiet last week; I thought they wrecked the pocket, and forced hurried inaccurate passes.

Gilmore has been back and forth from either side, its into the slot he won't go. Reggie Wayne almost exclusively plays from the slot, and roasted Justin Rodgers.

Edited by JaxBills

Ok I gotta ask, whats the deal with everyone having the same display pic as you? I dont get it. Whats it of?

CBF

When you register to be on this site, the mods run a credit check.

If your credit score is under 500, you have to use that avatar.

At least that's how it was explained to me.