Now that the season is officially over - 2013 NFL Draft wishlist

bobobonators

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rounds 1-3: QB; LB; LB, SS (in no particular order: take the BPA in each round, but grab one QB, one LB, and another LB or safety). Rounds 4-7: RB, LB, CB, WR, again in no particular order.

We know Nix covets size in the players he drafts. Therefore you can safely assume he won't take a QB that is undersized unless he's a game changer. I don't see such a QB in this class.

I'd take Tyler Bray in the second/third round if he comes out.

#1- the season is NOT "officially" over......but i'll play along.....

#2- we are drafting a QB in the one of the first two rounds.....buddy has already said this.....it is very likely one of the two, first round rated qb's (smith and barkley) will be there when we pick.

Its over!

I would love to get T'eo in the 1st round.

Then trade back into the first for Landry Jones. He's gonna be the best QB in this draft.

Also in the fifth round I would draft AJ McCarron. He kind of reminds me of Brady when he was at Michigan. I just think the Alabama offense is not catered for QB's and this kid will be a steal for any team that takes him

I'm with you, but I'm not taking any chances on McCarron. I'd take him in RD4, because I have him going to NE if we don't!

He led the SEC most of the year in Adjusted Yards Per Attempt, which is a great indicator that he's always looking downfield.

If we don't go with two QB's, I want Desmond Trufant in RD4 if he's there.

I'm also going to let the draft come to me in the second round; no trading up, especially if I've done my homework on the RD2 QB's ( Jones, Bray, Manuel, Murray, Klein). Jones edges out Bray in the huddle, although both have been insane the 2nd half of this year.

We'll need a difference-making LB, 2 DE's, at least one TE, 2 QB's, and reinforcements at Safety and CB..

RD1 Manti Te'O ILB

RD2 QB1 (I have them ranked Bray-Jones, then Murray, Klein, Manuel, right now. I think Logan Thomas falls to RD3, and I hate him.

RD3 DE (right now I have Margus Hunt, Michael Buchanan, and William Gholston at DE,

RD4 CB Desmond Trufant (or McCarron)

RD5 TE Michael Williams

RD6 RB (right now I like Johnathan Franklin, Cierre Wood (Jr.), Mike Gillislee, and Theo Riddick, in that order)

RD7 DE/TE Cassius Marsh ---versatile, great size, TD in upset victory over then- #13 Virginia Tech

Maybe this is not the year to draft a qb 1st rd for us.

FA or trade maybe. I would not mind Alex Smith or another FA for a couple seasons.

But we should be wheeling and dealing for the 2014 1st round prospect , this year.

That LB from N D is what we want in the first.

Absolutely need a move for QB next year though, just doesnt look like the prospects are worth major trade offs. Or going hard for first rounder.

So many holes still and then we have to wait for them to "develop " hopefully.

These Bills are killing me slowly

to the OP, nice picks love the Tank !

I'm with you, but I'm not taking any chances on McCarron. I'd take him in RD4, because I have him going to NE if we don't!

He led the SEC most of the year in Adjusted Yards Per Attempt, which is a great indicator that he's always looking downfield.

I'm also going to let the draft come to me in the second round; no trading up, especially if I've done my homework on the RD2 QB's ( Jones, Bray, Manuel, Murray, Klein). Jones edges out Bray in the huddle, although both have been insane the 2nd half of this year.

We'll need a difference-making LB, 2 DE's, at least one TE, 2 QB's, and reinforcements at Safety and CB..

RD1 Manti Te'O ILB

RD2 QB1 (I have them ranked Bray-Jones, then Murray, Klein, Manuel, right now. I think Logan Thomas falls to RD3, and I hate him.

RD3 DE (right now I have Margus Hunt, Michael Buchanan, and William Gholston at DE,

RD5 TE Michael Williams

RD6 RB (right now I like Johnathan Franklin, Cierre Wood (Jr.), Mike Gillislee, and Theo Riddick, in that order)

RD7 DE/TE Cassius Marsh ---versatile, great size, TD in upset victory over then- #13 Virginia Tech

you have me till 5th round.

Very well considered picks.

And we must have Te'o. I am adamant about that one

RD1 Manti Te'O ILB

RD5 TE Michael Williams

I'm pretty sure T'eo will be a top 7 pick. We probably draft 8-15.

Why does everyone think we will drft 8 - 15? We do everything we can to lose games. What 7 teams will pick ahead of us? Just curious....and too lazy to look.

Let's see. the following teams have records worse than us:

Clowns

Jaguars

The Raidahs

Chiefs

Eagles

Carolina Camsters

The following teams have the same record as us:

Jets

Titans

Chargers

Lions

Cardinals

But there are still 5 games to go, so it's anybody's guess at this point ...

Scouts everywhere will be wathing the SEC gane very closely. Murray will be one of the main players being watched. If he can go out and play a very efficent game and put up 250 yds and a couple TD's and limit any turnovers he goes from a maybe in the first to a definite. Would you not agree?

i think murray is a first round pick right now. im pretty high on the guy. not sure if you heard dungy on dan patrick today talking about him but he loves aaron murray and said hed take him first overall. hes a franchise QB to him. hes known him since he played with his son and said he prepares like a nil qb very manningish he said

I would love to get T'eo in the 1st round.

Then trade back into the first for Landry Jones. He's gonna be the best QB in this draft.

Also in the fifth round I would draft AJ McCarron. He kind of reminds me of Brady when he was at Michigan. I just think the Alabama offense is not catered for QB's and this kid will be a steal for any team that takes him

This. Landry Jones= Matt Schaub. Similar skill set, physical abilities. A bit more polished than Schaub was coming out of college though

why isnt Murray being talked about by the pundits as being number 1 overall? I guess its too early to be making those determinations?

he hasent "lit it up" ala Cam/Luck/RGIII over his career, he does have over 3000 yards passing and 30 TDs...is this because of lack of offensive weapons? Tough SEC schedule? Whats the knock on Murray? Im starting to come around a little bit on him but just curious what others see/dont see in him....

is it because hes "only 6'1"?

Edited by PaattMaann

Bray stinks. Thats why his coach benched him.

I don't see any of the underclassmen coming out - there are a lot of QBs this year and none of them are that good.

Why be a medicore QB in a class filled with mediocre QBs?

Looking at the rest of our 'easy' schedule, I think we only win 1 more game.

Jax is looking good with Henne at QB and we suck, so we will probabaly lose.

The Rams are also looking better and have a great coach while our coach is Pop Warner level

Seattle, in Canada, we lose

Miami at Miami - 0% chance we sweep a division opponent on the road

Jets - they are better than us but are crashing worse than we are. They aren't good enough to sweep a division opponent on the road in the last game of the year. They have all packed it in for the season. Jets only hope is Tebow majic.

Finish 6-10, draft between 6-10 too

Edited by peterpan

If we have the shot at Te'o - you HAVE to...

The next ILB in the draft is a BIG step down.

Elite ILB's are RARE (Harry Carson, Singletary, Ray Lewis, Seau....MAYBE Urlacher)

Thats 5 in my lifetime compared to 100s of very good QBs

Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman - and both on the same dam team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.