I've seen enough of this experiment

5 wins and 14 losses in their last 19 games. Those results would get a coach (in the 3rd year of a rebuild) fired anywhere else in the league. Fire the terrible GM, fire the terrible head coach and fire the terrible qb. The AFC is so weak this season that a .500 record would have us firmly entrenched in playoff run and the fact that Gailey has us nowhere near that is disgusting.

Edited by BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you have noted. The problem is the content of what's being reported to RW in the so-called weekly updates. For all we know, RW can't remember what happened the week before or that these jokers are telling him their on track for the Superbowl. I guess this world is about self preservation....and at all costs!

Ahhh haaa. Good point! More evidence that RW is incapacitated but we as fan are stuck between a rock & a hard place. We need new blood (no pun intended) at the helm.

5 wins and 14 losses in their last 19 games. Those results would get a coach (in the 3rd year of a rebuild) fired anywhere else in the league. Fire the terrible GM, fire the terrible head coach and fire the terrible qb. The AFC is so weak this season that a .500 record would have us firmly entrenched in playoff run and the fact that Gailey has us nowhere near that is disgusting.

I agree

Gailey has gotten worse and worse as time ahs gone on. He is regressing as a coach as is our team

My point exactly! Not sure if Buddy will do it but he has to see this as well.

Nix is responsible for this just as much as Chan and Fitz, time for the entire Axis of Incompetance to go.

Here is a thought.

Promote Wailey as full GM

Demote Nix to scout or retire.

Fire Chan hire Billick who said he wanted the job.

open comp at QB with T. Jackson and a rookie QB.

I just watched the 49er's dominate New Orleans, after they had just dominated Chicago. That team was a mess two years ago, with Alex Smith as a quarterback who looked like a bust. I don't think the niners made a change at GM but they did with the headcoach by bringing in Jim Harbaugh. They went deep into the playoffs last year and look like they may be the best team in the NFL right now. Alex Smith is no franchise quarterback. Maybe Kaepernick is but that will have to be determined in the future. The bottom line is that you have to have a top flight head coach who brings in the right coordinators. They put in a system that brings out the best of the talent they have and build from there. It starts with the headcoach. This is another lost season for Buffalo. I don't know about Nix but Gailey has to go.

I just watched the 49er's dominate New Orleans, after they had just dominated Chicago. That team was a mess two years ago, with Alex Smith as a quarterback who looked like a bust. I don't think the niners made a change at GM but they did with the headcoach by bringing in Jim Harbaugh. They went deep into the playoffs last year and look like they may be the best team in the NFL right now. Alex Smith is no franchise quarterback. Maybe Kaepernick is but that will have to be determined in the future. The bottom line is that you have to have a top flight head coach who brings in the right coordinators. They put in a system that brings out the best of the talent they have and build from there. It starts with the headcoach. This is another lost season for Buffalo. I don't know about Nix but Gailey has to go.

My point exactly...I don't think the GM has to be replaced unless he fails see the need to replace this coaching staff. Let hope he has an awakening :doh:

I think Nix should stay at this point for one more round of stocking up on depth and to figure out what head coach would fit the personnel that he has already put into place. If Chan goes then Fitz can go with him because the team won't need a QB who needs to know Chan's system. Change Defensive Coordinator, too, but bring in someone who will run primarily a 4-3 because who wants to make that switch again.

As for finding a head coach, I can't imagine that it would be so difficult as most here have described. Going into the season, a lot of people had the Bills as a playoff contender and the pieces are almost in place. There are obvious limits in the decisionmaking every game and any good coach could see this team as only a good coach away.

Here is a thought.

Promote Wailey as full GM

Demote Nix to scout or retire.

Fire Chan hire Billick who said he wanted the job.

open comp at QB with T. Jackson and a rookie QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buddy Nix retires after the NFL Draft. He doesn't have to make a decision on Gailey and can leave that up to Wailey. Then the question becomes, will Littmann allow Wailey to fire a head coach with 2 years left on his contract ?? Of course Littmann might tell Wailey..."You want the job, then make it work with Gailey" before he is offered a contract. Oh and as far as Nix's statements that he talks to Ralph Wilson all the time, if You believe that then I have a bridge to sell You. After the fact it will be interesting if the truth is told about Ralph Wilson's lack of cognitive abilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buddy Nix retires after the NFL Draft. He doesn't have to make a decision on Gailey and can leave that up to Wailey. Then the question becomes, will Littmann allow Wailey to fire a head coach with 2 years left on his contract ?? Of course Littmann might tell Wailey..."You want the job, then make it work with Gailey" before he is offered a contract. Oh and as far as Nix's statements that he talks to Ralph Wilson all the time, if You believe that then I have a bridge to sell You. After the fact it will be interesting if the truth is told about Ralph Wilson's lack of cognitive abilities.

oh i see Littmann is the owner now ? lol

Say Nix does retire after the draft. What if he takes a QB in the 1st round. The only place you gonna get one is round one.

The real question i think is will Llittmann let Nix go balls out to get a top QB? I mean to get one of the top one the Bills are gonna have to trade up.

If we wait until one falls to us Fitz is gonna have to start again so the kid can learn.

Either way Wailey is in a catch 22 situation.

This is the most frustrating part of it all. The niners were the best team in the league last year, IMO. The Colts won 2 games last year and are in the first wildcard spot right now. The Falcons. The Texans. I'm sick of watching other franchises hit rock bottom, then turn it around, while Buffalo hovers just above the bottom.

It is hard to come to grips that this experiment with Chan Gailey is flawed after 3 long & tiring years. Here are my exhibits:

1. He's won just two games against divisional opponents under his command. Seems to be il-prepared strategically against the top two head coaches in our division.

2. He continues to snatch defeat from the grasp of victory...with his play calling at crucial moments in the game. The games won this year besides KC have been nail biters because of his decision during the game...

3. He hasn't realize that the opponents defensive strategy is to make Fitz the focal point of the offense but he continues to be blind to the fact. And he continues to not understand why the defensive fronts, shows heavy run patterns to make fitz audible to the pass or worst empty the backfield (think in basketball leaving the self-check guy always being left open on the court) making the QB the play-maker instead of the RB's.

4. He's now something like 10 games worst than D. Juaron at this time in his coaching tenure with the Bills. And I don't see any improvement in any shape & fashion with any phase of the team...there should be some progression after 3 years & I don't see it.

What do you guys think?

He also has better players than Jauron had, but can't figure out what to do w/ them or how to use them. He is TERRIBLE.

oh i see Littmann is the owner now ? lol

Say Nix does retire after the draft. What if he takes a QB in the 1st round. The only place you gonna get one is round one.

The real question i think is will Llittmann let Nix go balls out to get a top QB? I mean to get one of the top one the Bills are gonna have to trade up.

If we wait until one falls to us Fitz is gonna have to start again so the kid can learn.

Either way Wailey is in a catch 22 situation.

I would imagine that anything to do with the draft would be a joint Nix/Wailey decision if Nix planned to retire after the Draft. With a rookie pool in place money should not be a factor in where the Bills draft if they want to move up, but Nix has always valued draft choices like gold so I don't envision any movement on draft day.

Think of Littmann like a Power of Attorney with running the Bills for Ralph Wilson. He probably does tell Wilson but on what level does Ralph Wilson understand at this point in his life at 94 years of age ? I know from personnal experience with a relative that a loss of cognative abilities can happen fast and for no apparent reason. The bigger money question is weather the OK would be given by Littmann to fire Gailey who has 2 years left on his contract. That's a lot of money for Ralph Wilson to eat.

gailey is quite possibly the least intelligent current nfl head coach. what a retard.

I'm not sure this is true any more than it's true Fitz is "the worst QB" or any of the hyperbole.

But we're playing in a division with two, maybe 3, elite coaches - and playing in a league where it takes an elite coach to get to the playoff

At this point I think it's clear that Chan isn't, and will never be, an elite head coach any more than Fitz will ever be an elite QB.

I was hopeful on both counts, but hope has abandoned me.

I'm not sure this is true any more than it's true Fitz is "the worst QB" or any of the hyperbole.

But we're playing in a division with two, maybe 3, elite coaches - and playing in a league where it takes an elite coach to get to the playoff

At this point I think it's clear that Chan isn't, and will never be, an elite head coach any more than Fitz will ever be an elite QB.

I was hopeful on both counts, but hope has abandoned me.

don't think it's hyperbole. the guy seems to have less than average intelligence among the US population much less among nfl coaches, who are generally pretty smart. never understood why he was hired in the first place and am wondering more and more each day.

I would imagine that anything to do with the draft would be a joint Nix/Wailey decision if Nix planned to retire after the Draft. With a rookie pool in place money should not be a factor in where the Bills draft if they want to move up, but Nix has always valued draft choices like gold so I don't envision any movement on draft day.

Think of Littmann like a Power of Attorney with running the Bills for Ralph Wilson. He probably does tell Wilson but on what level does Ralph Wilson understand at this point in his life at 94 years of age ? I know from personnal experience with a relative that a loss of cognative abilities can happen fast and for no apparent reason. The bigger money question is weather the OK would be given by Littmann to fire Gailey who has 2 years left on his contract. That's a lot of money for Ralph Wilson to eat.

Since Ralph and Chan/Buddy talk every week I dont think he has lost any of his thoughts. He may have lost the will to travel back and forth from Detroit to Buffalo but that is understandable at 94.

But if what you say is true about Littmann's role then its up to him to go to Ralph and say Gailey is not the right coach for this football team. Nix is not gonna do i because him and Gailey are tied to each other because Nix is the one who hired him.

To me Ralph is still the OWNER. He can do what he thinks is right. His team is poorly coached right now and its clear to all of us fans and the media.

Let the young guy run the team. I sure Wailey has some ideas to get this franchise back on track. Quite sure he would use the Steeler formula of success because that where he came from. Why wait?? Do it now. Fire Chan, fire Buddy or let him be an advisor to Wailey, let Dave W be interm HC. Let Modkins run the offense and see what he can come up with. Because what Chan is doing isnt working and we have 5 games to see if Modkins can do it better.