I've seen enough of this experiment

It is hard to come to grips that this experiment with Chan Gailey is flawed after 3 long & tiring years. Here are my exhibits:

1. He's won just two games against divisional opponents under his command. Seems to be il-prepared strategically against the top two head coaches in our division.

2. He continues to snatch defeat from the grasp of victory...with his play calling at crucial moments in the game. The games won this year besides KC have been nail biters because of his decision during the game...

3. He hasn't realize that the opponents defensive strategy is to make Fitz the focal point of the offense but he continues to be blind to the fact. And he continues to not understand why the defensive fronts, shows heavy run patterns to make fitz audible to the pass or worst empty the backfield (think in basketball leaving the self-check guy always being left open on the court) making the QB the play-maker instead of the RB's.

4. He's now something like 10 games worst than D. Juaron at this time in his coaching tenure with the Bills. And I don't see any improvement in any shape & fashion with any phase of the team...there should be some progression after 3 years & I don't see it.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead on. But I also recall Nix saying recently that his job isn't in jeopardy no matter what. So, they only way he's gone is if NIx gets fired too. And as we've seen RW's ability to hire GMs and coaches is atrocious so all you get is another bad retread hire.

He's had his three years. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't earned the job beyond that.

That being said... if there's no one better who's ready to take the job, we shouldn't fire him just yet.

This. When Jauron was fired, Perry Fewell took over (and did ok). If Gailey is fired, Wanny will be the interim coach. Yuck.

Right on man - this team will not win (especially on the road and within the divison) with this coaching staff and starting QB. Rememer Chan saying "don't kick dirt on us yet" after the Jets walloped them week 1? Well I pretty much wrote of the season at that pont....the dirts flyin now Chan.

I agree with everything you have noted. The problem is the content of what's being reported to RW in the so-called weekly updates. For all we know, RW can't remember what happened the week before or that these jokers are telling him their on track for the Superbowl. I guess this world is about self preservation....and at all costs!