Bills Need to Market Themselves Better

Storm Front

I have always wondered why the Bills don't market themselves better across New York State. There are probably just as many Bills fans as there are Giants and Jets fans in Syracuse, Albany and the Southern Tier. The Jets and Giants train in Cortland and Albany respectively. The Bills ought to train in Kingston, Poughkeepsie or White Plains. This lack of farsightedness may ultimately lead to a relocation of the franchise.

I have always wondered why the Bills don't market themselves better across New York State. There are probably just as many Bills fans as there are Giants and Jets fans in Syracuse, Albany and the Southern Tier. The Jets and Giants train in Cortland and Albany respectively. The Bills ought to train in Kingston, Poughkeepsie or White Plains. This lack of farsightedness may ultimately lead to a relocation of the franchise.

No they just need to win alot more. That will take care of everything.

The Bills have to win more. I live in the Utica area. The Giants are on FOX and the Bills are on CBS (subject to blackout). It seems like there are many more Giants fans than Bills fans, but I think that is because the Giants win more. The Giants also get a lot of bandwagon fans. I think the Bills fans are hiding in their closets out of embarassment and won't come out until the Bills start to win.

I live in Albany and can assure you that there there are way more New Jersey fans than Bills fans. It's a good 4 hour drive to Buffalo, and about 6 to get to and from Orchard Park on game day. East Rutherford is about 2.5.

I dont understand this thread. The Bills are doing just fine and continue to sell out games during this 13 year drought. If we win tommorow, I guarantee next week will be sold out. Our "Marketing" is just fine.

If any team moves to LA it will be San Diego or Jacksonville.

Just win, Baby. Win first, then market.

The eternal truth of marketing is that the world's best marketing won't sell a truly bad product.

Very few people want to sign on as fans of a losing franchise, especially during the longest playoff drought in NFL history.

It seems like the Bills are doing a much better job at marketing themselves than they did 20+ yrs ago. They're a making a concerted effort to "regionalize" their fan base like GB and KC. Moving their training camp to Rochester was a no-brainer. However, as mentioned above, nothing sells more tickets/merchandise than winning games. GO BILLS!!!

I agree! I wish they had more merchandise in the major Sports stores.

I can't get any Bills things in my area. The various stores here carry other teams but not the Bills.

I am still a Cowboys fan but would like other options to buy Bills items other than online.

I agree! I wish they had more merchandise in the major Sports stores.

I can't get any Bills things in my area. The various stores here carry other teams but not the Bills.

I am still a Cowboys fan but would like other options to buy Bills items other than online.

If they were better, you'd find merchandise in your area.

You have to be "born" into being a Bills fan. Baptizing 20 & 30 something's is wasting time. You want more Bills fans breed more.

I was baptized (as a bills fan) when I was in my 20's ! And I am just doing fine.

Edited by ganesh

This is off topic but out of curiosity how is Jerry Jones doing in meeting his exorbitant bond costs for his self-indulgent stadium? Did he overreach with his stadium project or is it working out for him? Is he eventually going to sell the naming rights of the stadium or is he simply waiting until he can get the best deal he can get?

As an owner and GM I have some issues with him. But on the other side of the coin I respect him for putting his own money on the line. That is far different from the inept owner of the Bills who expects everyone else to pay for the facility where his team conducts its business yet continues to whine about his plight. The same plight that has enriched him beyond his own imagination.