Benghazi

Ooo! Ooo! I've got this one!! The war saw many, many terrorist attacks much like ben-by-gazi and no one investigated any of them! Wow, four Americans died in an attack, how about that! Four! :rolleyes:

Doesn't it bother you that the government repeatedly lied a ridiculous story about some "shadowy character" who produced some obscure YouTube video no one saw. Ignored calls for help the the state dept, told the military to stand down, and then tried to ignore all of it because it was inconvenient for them and did not fit their quasi sally fields foreign "policy" if you can call what they have policy. and then intimidates all surviving government employees into shutting the hell up as to what was really going on there and what happened.

What exactly was obama doing that night? Hillary and Susan rice are just as bad.

I'm so sick of amateur hour err amateur 8 years. I would take George W back in a second over this clown.

Doesn't it bother you that the government repeatedly lied a ridiculous story about some "shadowy character" who produced some obscure YouTube video no one saw. Ignored calls for help the the state dept, told the military to stand down, and then tried to ignore all of it because it was inconvenient for them and did not fit their quasi sally fields foreign "policy" if you can call what they have policy. and then intimidates all surviving government employees into shutting the hell up as to what was really going on there and what happened.

What exactly was obama doing that night? Hillary and Susan rice are just as bad.

I'm so sick of amateur hour err amateur 8 years. I would take George W back in a second over this clown.

Dude, just chill. There's more important stuff to worry about like Rodeo Clowns and Presidential Puppies

Dude, just chill. There's more important stuff to worry about like Rodeo Clowns and Presidential Puppies

Shiiiiit I almost forgot....mitt Romney has a horse! What a bastard

Did you hear the 72' dolphins just visited the white house?

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

The shallowness of these responses are exactly what everyone expects.

Stevens-Doherty-Woods-Smith-SIDESHOW-500x377.jpg

Typical progressive. Like Obama, like Clinton, like Biden...like them all. Four Americans, including an ambassador, left to die with no help, and the event is mocked by the smallest of minds.That's what happens when people like gatorman don't realize when it's time to stop typing.

George W Bush.

The only man alive who could have singlehandedly turned BushBad, into BushBetter, by merely hanging out at his ranch and keeping his mouth shut.

Even now, George W is still beating Al Gore.

Will Obama Hold Anyone Accountable For Benghazi?

by Michael Ramirez

The Obama administration has determined that no one should be held accountable for the deaths of four brave Americans in Benghazi.

Sure, it might have been the first time in 33 years that an American ambassador was killed while in service, but according to the White House it just adds up to a "phony" scandal.

Secretary of State John Kerry decided that midlevel staffers suspended for the lax security surrounding the Benghazi compound were cleared to resume their jobs. Apparently, eight months paid leave is enough punishment.

You might recall that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wanted these same employees fired, but claimed State Department employment policy did not allow it.

The Obama administration also quietly withdrew the special team assigned to identify and track Benghazi suspects, and train Libyan forces to combat al-Qaida. The administration just brought charges against the Benghazi attackers a few weeks ago, 11 months after the massacre.

Isn't charging them enough? You don't expect them to actually pursue them too?

Now, just because ...

• Someone made a conscious decision to reduce security in total disregard of the requests of two ambassadors who had begged for increased security because of the growing threat in the region.

• Someone made a conscious decision that the 9/11 anniversary did not warrant special concern or special precautions in an area where al-Qaida operatives and operations were intensifying, attacks against Western facilities and staff were increasing, and, in Benghazi alone, there were six terror attacks in the five months preceding the Sept. 11, 2012, slaughter.

• Someone made a conscious decision to withdraw a 16-member Special Forces team assigned to security a month before the attack in Libya.

• Someone made a conscious decision to put politics over the safety of the Benghazi staffers so the administration could sell the story that Libya was stable, secure and a foreign policy success during the presidential election.

• Someone made a conscious decision not to send a rescue team during the 7-1/2-hour attack on the consular post even with a U.S. ambassador missing.

• Someone made a conscious decision to revise the Benghazi talking points at least 12 times and to scrub any reference to terror.

• Someone made the conscious decision to deceive the American public and cover it all up.

According to this administration, none of this means anyone did anything wrong, and now apparently no one will be held accountable for these fundamentally flawed decisions.

Besides, Clinton already took full responsibility. Well, sort of.

In an interview with CNN in October 2012, a month after the carnage in Benghazi, she said the buck stops with her.

But when questioned this past January by Sen. Ron Johnson on the obvious nature of the terrorist attack, the dubious nature of blaming a video and how the facts could have been easily ascertained, Clinton evaded the question, equivocated and testily replied:

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they'd go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again."

http://news.investor...m#ixzz2dHDbiKwf

Mission accomplished! Yes, I'm sure you would.

President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech was an overly optimistic political statement, which fell apart due to later events: IE. increased guerrilla warfare efforts by insurgents, and a horribly flawed geo-political understanding of the various warring factions in Iraq and their international allies.

President Obama's Benghazi debacle is an after-the-fact cover-up of real world events, which were set in motion by high level Administrative incompetencies or direct sabatoge, for purely political reasons.

The two have nothing in common.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Secretary of State John Kerry decided that midlevel staffers suspended for the lax security surrounding the Benghazi compound were cleared to resume their jobs. Apparently, eight months paid leave is enough punishment.

Goddamn, sign me up for this type of job!

President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech was an overly optimistic political statement, which fell apart due to later events: IE. increased guerrilla warfare efforts by insurgents, and a horribly flawed geo-political understanding of the various warring factions on Iraq and their international allies.

President Obama's Benghazi debacle is an after-the-fact cover-up of real world events, which were set in motion by high level Administrative incompetencies or direct sabatoge, for purely political reasons.

The two have nothing in common.

Bush's speech was technically accurate in a very narrow sense ("major combat operations are complete"...yeah, they were, in the strict context of a traditional operational battlefield that you'd see when, say, invading a foreign country). In a more colloquial sense, it was silly.

The much bigger problem with his speech was that it presumed at a very basic level a colonial mindset (i.e. Cold War and before) where the occupied would greet the occupiers as liberators (which never really happened anyway, even in WWII). We're in a post-Cold War world where tribal identities are much stronger than they were relative to defined national borders. Bush's speech, and policies, never reflected that change.

Neither do Obama's policies, for that matter. The mess in Libya and Egypt, and complete cluster!@#$ that his Syria policy is becoming, are excellent examples thereof. Neither did Clinton's. I'm sure the next administration won't understand that reality, either.

Bush's speech was technically accurate in a very narrow sense ("major combat operations are complete"...yeah, they were, in the strict context of a traditional operational battlefield that you'd see when, say, invading a foreign country). In a more colloquial sense, it was silly.

The much bigger problem with his speech was that it presumed at a very basic level a colonial mindset (i.e. Cold War and before) where the occupied would greet the occupiers as liberators (which never really happened anyway, even in WWII). We're in a post-Cold War world where tribal identities are much stronger than they were relative to defined national borders. Bush's speech, and policies, never reflected that change.

Neither do Obama's policies, for that matter. The mess in Libya and Egypt, and complete cluster!@#$ that his Syria policy is becoming, are excellent examples thereof. Neither did Clinton's. I'm sure the next administration won't understand that reality, either.

Which is great, but not really relevant.

Which is great, but not really relevant.

It was relevant to gatorman's post. Not my fault his post wasn't relevant to begin with.

And is passingly relevant to the inevitably stupid response to Syria, and the irretrievably retarded response to Benghazi.

• 3 weeks later...

New Benghazi Report Finds ‘Troubling’ Gaps in State Dept. Review

Prelude to Thursday's hearing where Pickering and Mullen will answer questions about "time pressured" report.

WASHINGTON – A critical report issued by the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee has dismissed the findings of a blue-ribbon panel investigating the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack, asserting that the State Department-appointed commission didn’t properly examine key witnesses and generally failed to perform a comprehensive job.

In a 98-page report released Monday, committee staff concluded that “troubling” gaps exist in the work of the Accountability Review Board (ARB) appointed by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and that the “limitations inherent in the ARB’s mandate and the weaknesses in the ARB’s methodology show that a more thorough investigation is necessary.”

“The ARB blamed systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies within two bureaus, but downplayed the importance of decisions made at senior levels of the Department,” the report read, adding that the ARB’s decision to “cite certain officials as accountable for what happened in Benghazi appears to have been based on factors that had little or no connection to the security posture at U.S. diplomatic facilities in Libya.”

Administration's Benghazi Review Board Discredits Itself in Congressional Hearing

Issa's resolve grows stony as transcribed interviews, made clear that the ARB probe was neither exhaustive nor independent.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/administrations-benghazi-review-board-discredit-themselves-congressional-hearing_756452.html

Benghazi Victim’s Mother: Obama, Clinton, and Biden Lied To Me

Democrats did not hear this. They chose to leave the room.

http://freebeacon.com/benghazi-victims-mother-obama-clinton-and-biden-lied-to-me/

Administration's Benghazi Review Board Discredits Itself in Congressional Hearing

Issa's resolve grows stony as transcribed interviews, made clear that the ARB probe was neither exhaustive nor independent.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/administrations-benghazi-review-board-discredit-themselves-congressional-hearing_756452.html

Benghazi Victim’s Mother: Obama, Clinton, and Biden Lied To Me

Democrats did not hear this. They chose to leave the room.

http://freebeacon.com/benghazi-victims-mother-obama-clinton-and-biden-lied-to-me/

Who left the room? Is that metaphorical?

Who left the room? Is that metaphorical?

No, when the victims relatives testified all but two of the dems left the room.

BUjICCVCcAAoeIY.jpg

The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo tweeted by Rep. Issa, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.

Sadly, several Republicans left also.

All should be embarrassed.