Benghazi

Hey, talk to my coworkers. They call me Google. I argued against it (I suggested they call my Wikipedia - oft cited but shouldn't be, and occasionally wrong).

Perhaps, but the choice to relate that story here?

That was yours alone. I'm not saying it means anything. But, you did respond....:lol:

Self important? The reason for that facet of the writing style is: to draw attention on the posters here who really do have this problem, and to make fun of them. Or, do I need to go over the whys and hows of the "Great Gay Marriage Troll"?

Incidentally, it appears there's another fish that can be hooked with that here recently. I could do the same thing all over again. The problem is: time.

Both you guys owe me $0.02

Boy, you know, you say "self important"...and look who shows up?

:lol:

President Obama's Russia reset unravels

By JOSH GERSTEIN

FTA:

After four years, the much-vaunted reset in U.S.-Russian relations has devolved into a chilly standoff over issues like the Kremlin’s support for Syria and an intensifying crackdown on dissent in Russia. Instead, the White House’s blunt public announcement Wednesday of the summit’s cancellation evoked Cold War-era showdowns.

“If you’re looking at a summit and thinking, ‘There’s no there there,’ this provides a nice excuse for him not going,” said former National Security Council Russian Director James Goldgeier. “Usually, you like to have something happen at a summit, like have something positive to say together, or to say you agreed on something, and it doesn’t look like they’ve got anything big to say or do … Part of the problem is they decided they were going to have this summit originally.”

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz2bOOfDpVE

RICHARD FERNANDEZ ON the peculiar state of the War On Terror. “Al-Qaeda, far from being hunkered down in caves, is holding conference calls. . . . The conference among ‘far-flung operatives’ was an amazing achievement for an organization already declared dead and buried. . . .

It’s like Versailles in the days of Louis the XIV: the inmates cannot conceive that an external universe exists, one in which another sun shines more brightly than the Sun King. . . .

While a person untutored in the ways of Washington might conclude that recent events show President Obama is in the last stages of losing the vestiges of American influence in the Middle East, passively watching the rearmament of Japan, haplessly presiding over the resurrection of the Cold War, and being driven back by al-Qaeda into a static defense of the homeland, this cannot possibly be true: the Beltway pundits have decreed otherwise.

None of these bad things is yet fait accompli, but if any are to be avoided, the political establishment has to acquire a degree of intellectual honesty and vision which it has so far conspicuously lacked. They at least have to start calling things by their proper names.”

Also: The Suspicious Leaks Behind The Terrorism Alert.

Attorney for Whistleblower: 400 U.S. Missiles Stolen in Benghazi

On August 12, Joe DiGenova, attorney for one of the Benghazi whistleblowers, told Washington D.C.´s WMAL that one of the reasons people have remained tight-lipped about Benghazi is because 400 U.S. missiles were "diverted to Libya" and ended up being stolen and falling into "the hands of some very ugly people." DiGenova represents Benghazi whistleblower Mark Thompson. He told WMAL that he "does not know whether [the missiles] were at the annex, but it is clear the annex was somehow involved in the distribution of those missiles."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/08/12/Attorney-For-Benghazi-Whistleblower-400-U-S-Missiles-Stolen-In-Benghazi-Annex-Involved

Benghazi and the Banality of Evil

By Daren Jonescu

Is it just me, or is the string of distractions that seem to pop up right on cue every time new light is about to be shed on the Benghazi story getting a little old?

Months late, CNN has gotten around to "breaking" a story that might help to complete the disturbing puzzle for the mainstream public, namely the allegation that Benghazi was the hub of a CIA weapons-running operation. Within hours, this was washed from the headlines by the "chatter" indicating an imminent terror plot that required the United States to close numerous diplomatic facilities. (Hurray, NSA!) And then, within days, the mainstream media was "breaking" the news that the first charges had been laid in connection with the Benghazi attack. (How convenient.)

http://www.americant...ty_of_evil.html

• 2 weeks later...
Benghazi Victim’s Mother Says Hillary Lied: ‘You Don’t Want This Person to be President’

By Andrew Johnson

The reinstatement of four State Department employees who were put on administrative leave following last year’s Benghazi attack only further has only reinforced Pat Smith’s believe that Hillary Clinton should never be president. Smith’s son, Sean, was one of four Americans who died in the 9/11 attack on the American diplomatic facility in Benghazi.

2013-08-22.jpg

The reinstatement of four State Department employees who were put on administrative leave following last year’s Benghazi attack only further has only reinforced Pat Smith’s believe that Hillary Clinton should never be president. Smith’s son, Sean, was one of four Americans who died in the 9/11 attack on the American diplomatic facility in Benghazi.

The person who wrote/edited that first sentence should be fired. It's the equivalent of starting a football game with a fumbled snap.

What does a war, entered into, and conducted with, bi-partisain congressional approval, have to do with a major executive cover-up of a terrorist attack on an American embasy leading to the death of four Americans acting in an official government capacity?

Rodeo clown

Can Hillary Clinton Survive Benghazi?

Well, sure: she’s a Democrat. That’s the easy, cynical response, and let’s face it–it’s probably right. Still, by any normal standard Benghazi would be considered a career-ending debacle. Four men, including one of her own ambassadors, were murdered on Hillary’s watch, after they had pleaded with her State Department for better security. The cable denying the ambassador’s request for better protection went out over Hillary’s signature. THAT’S JUST A FORMALITY! The Democrats say. SHE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT! Oh, I see. She was just a figurehead. Small matters like mortal threats to American ambassadors are too minor to come to her attention. Right. Such attention to detail certainly qualifies her to be president!

Then there is the nagging question of what Hillary was doing during the seven hours or so when her ambassador, and those who tried to protect him, were being murdered by Islamic terrorists. Nothing, apparently. Which is just fine with the Democrats. Evidently they are content to have their political “leaders” play purely symbolic roles.

The aftermath is embarrassing, too. Hillary told the father of one of the murdered SEALs that the administration would stop at nothing to bring that lousy video maker to justice. The man must have thought she was a lunatic. Later, according to an eyewitness, Hillary erupted in rage against a Republican Congressman who suggested that Benghazi was a terrorist attack. Which, of course, she knew it was shortly after it began. Is it bad to be a cowardly liar? Not if you are a Democratic presidential candidate, evidently.

The aftermath didn’t end with the administration’s initial lies, either. It continues to this day. One might think that a Secretary of State who lost an ambassador on her watch would stop at nothing to make sure that the terrorists who carried out the attack were killed or otherwise punished. (Killed, preferably.) If this is a subject in which Hillary has taken interest, she has shown no sign of it. Her hunt for the terrorists who murdered Ambassador Stevens is on a par with O.J. Simpson’s search for the “real killers.”

Michael Ramirez commented on Hillary’s absence of leadership yesterday. The little bottle says “whitewash.”

RAMclr-082213-buck-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.jpg.cms_.jpeg

Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State was a disaster by any rational evaluation. It started with the mis-translated “reset” button and went downhill from there. The current fiasco that stretches from Iraq to Tunisia is, at least in part, the result of the stunningly incompetent Obama/Clinton foreign policy from 2009 to 2013. It is probably true that most Americans don’t pay enough attention to understand how poorly served we have been in foreign affairs by Obama and Clinton. But Benghazi: that is something that just about anyone can grasp. When the State Department needed a leader–the one time in Hillary Clinton’s life when she wasn’t holding on to her husband’s coattails, when she was actually supposed to be in charge of something–there was no leader to be found.

http://www.powerline...ve-benghazi.php

What does a war, entered into, and conducted with, bi-partisain congressional approval, have to do with a major executive cover-up of a terrorist attack on an American embasy leading to the death of four Americans acting in an official government capacity?

Ooo! Ooo! I've got this one!! The war saw many, many terrorist attacks much like ben-by-gazi and no one investigated any of them! Wow, four Americans died in an attack, how about that! Four! :rolleyes:

Ooo! Ooo! I've got this one!! The war saw many, many terrorist attacks much like ben-by-gazi and no one investigated any of them! Wow, four Americans died in an attack, how about that! Four! :rolleyes:

The shallowness of these responses are exactly what everyone expects.

Stevens-Doherty-Woods-Smith-SIDESHOW-500x377.jpg