Benghazi

Lol!! Grasping at straws. Just pathetic. You clowns need to let this phony scandal go and admit you built a mountain out of a moll hill for nothing more than political reasons. Using the deaths of these Americans for shameless political posturing, just awful

Oh look, Dumb and Dumber are angry. You two idiots were all about this "scandal" from the start. Played like flutes by the propaganda. Fools!

You cant be real. You have to be like this grossly exaggerated liberal propoganda bot

It's been a smoke and mirror administration since day one, so in my opinion they don't deserve one iota of slack.

Then at least have the intellectual fortitude to admit that's the real goal of harping on Benghazi -- because it's definitely not done out of any perceived honor to the dead.

That's exactly what the WH did in their lies and mishandling. They brought it on themselves. Made a bad political move on a gambling stake and lost big.

Again, I have no problem going after the WH for how they handled the fallout. That's fair and on the table. And you misunderstood my point, I'm not excusing their behavior by pointing out that it's not uncommon -- rather I'm pointing out the scale of the offense. The only offense you can rationally argue (with actual evidence, not tin-foil hat conspiracy type sources of which I'm normally a fan) the administration perpetrated was obscuration of the attack's origins. And even that, as demonstrated by Morell's testimony, is a stretch or at best, nit-picking.

Everything else brought into the debate is designed to score points against Hillary (the real target) and the WH by creating a false narrative that they actively covered something up and THAT lead to the death of American diplomats. There's a mountain of difference between the first charge and this one. And to make sure that people don't think too hard about it, the GOP shamelessly claims to be only doing this to honor the dead or out of a deep sense of patriotism.

So yes, I have a big problem with anyone who brings up Benghazi under the guise of wanting to honor the dead when really it's about scoring political points. And yes, the overwhelming majority of the outrage on this issue coming from the right is indeed phoney. You can tell it's phoney because more money, time, and media attention has been paid to trying to catch the WH in a lie than it has on figuring out how to prevent future attacks from killing American diplomats.

It's sickening -- every bit as sickening as ANY administration using dead Americans as political cover.

You can roast the administration for their handling of the aftermath, but that's not how the backlash is framed, anyone who can read beyond their political blinders can see that.

Sources on ground during Benghazi attack slam ex-CIA boss Morell’s testimony

by Adam Housley

Fox News Former deputy CIA director denies being part of politically driven Benghazi cover-up as his tie

Resigned from CIA la

That Fox article is one of the most pathetic excuses for a journalistic work I have ever seen. "Sourcesthat watched the testimony...." oh that sounds believable. Could it of been the already discredited person that CBS was foolish enough to have story about only to see that version crash and burn under the truth? Pure, unadultered propaganda from Fox

Then at least have the intellectual fortitude to admit that's the real goal of harping on Benghazi -- because it's definitely not done out of any perceived honor to the dead.

Again, I have no problem going after the WH for how they handled the fallout. That's fair and on the table. And you misunderstood my point, I'm not excusing their behavior by pointing out that it's not uncommon -- rather I'm pointing out the scale of the offense. The only offense you can rationally argue (with actual evidence, not tin-foil hat conspiracy type sources of which I'm normally a fan) the administration perpetrated was obscuration of the attack's origins. And even that, as demonstrated by Morell's testimony, is a stretch or at best, nit-picking.

Everything else brought into the debate is designed to score points against Hillary (the real target) and the WH by creating a false narrative that they actively covered something up and THAT lead to the death of American diplomats. There's a mountain of difference between the first charge and this one. And to make sure that people don't think too hard about it, the GOP shamelessly claims to be only doing this to honor the dead or out of a deep sense of patriotism.

So yes, I have a big problem with anyone who brings up Benghazi under the guise of wanting to honor the dead when really it's about scoring political points. And yes, the overwhelming majority of the outrage on this issue coming from the right is indeed phoney. You can tell it's phoney because more money, time, and media attention has been paid to trying to catch the WH in a lie than it has on figuring out how to prevent future attacks from killing American diplomats.

It's sickening -- every bit as sickening as ANY administration using dead Americans as political cover.

You can roast the administration for their handling of the aftermath, but that's not how the backlash is framed, anyone who can read beyond their political blinders can see that.

Horseshit. This administration didn't try to protect its Libyan diplomatic core when they were begged for more security. They didn't provide any assistance when they knew they were under attack. They then tried to cover up the whole deal as much as they could by providing false information to the public. After that, when they should have been considering how to protect their people from future attacks Hillary is in full cya mode and shrieks out in a congressional hearing "what difference does it make"? That doesn't sound to me as if the administration gave a schit about anything other than how they were perceived, let alone concerned about future embassy safety.

This administration has had several scandals worthy of presidential impeachment proceedings. They are lead by a person with little or no character. They are habitual liars that take their lead from Obama. Sure, many people on the right might be taking this opportunity to further tarnish Hillary, but facts are facts and this administration is guilty of this and many more things.

Edited by 3rdnlng

One of the dead people's, father said what they what to know is what exactly happened and who is responsible for not attempting to help them. And onxethey find out, prosecute them to the fullest (that includes the White House. They have been stonewalling this whole incident.

None of this "what difference does it make?" BS. She will run for POTUS. The citizens need to know the TRUTH.

Edited by Wacka

One of the dead people's, father said what they what to know is what exactly happened and who is responsible for not attempting to help them. And onxethey find out, prosecute them to the fullest (that includes the White House. They have been stonewalling this whole incident.

None of this "what difference does it make?" BS. She will run for POTUS. The citizens need to know the TRUTH.

Call another House hearing this instant! That will fix this!

Again. The real reason the GOP cares. It's not for dead soldiers or justice, but to stop Hillary from winning an election. That's the definition of politicizing the death of Americans.

Shameful.

Again. The real reason the GOP cares. It's not for dead soldiers or justice, but to stop Hillary from winning an election. That's the definition of politicizing the death of Americans.

Shameful.

So you feel it should be ignored? This is all false outrage by the GOP for political reasons? You know this?

Shameful.

Gee, sounds like BridgeGate. Except no one got hurt, much less died. :rolleyes:

The parents want to know why their children are dead, which means questions about the lack of security and no help being provided need to be answered. I doubt they're doing it for partisan reasons.

Shameful.

How do you know what the reasons are? I know I'm personally outraged by it and if Hillary was involved I sure as hell don't want her to be in a position of answering the phone at 3:00 am. She needs to answer for this. It is both her and the administration's stonewalling that is keeping this alive. You are sounding like gatorman on this issue.

The parents want to know why their children are dead, which means questions about the lack of security and no help being provided need to be answered. I doubt they're doing it for partisan reasons.

No question. I did not mean to imply it's the parents who are politicizing it -- which is why I bolded and clipped the relevant section. It's Wacka's response about Hillary which I was reacting to.

So you feel it should be ignored? This is all false outrage by the GOP for political reasons? You know this?

If I felt you were capable of understanding the finer points of any argument, let alone this one, I'd answer. (Even though I've already explained my position in quite some detail -- but again, since you can't read well, you probably couldn't understand it)

But since you are a mouth breathing, racist, homophobic, gay-hating fool who adds nothing to this community that can be considered constructive -- I choose to tell you to !@#$k off.

How do you know what the reasons are?

Follow the money. I stated my reasons in my prior post.

Edited by GreggyT

Shameful.

You worst, most embarrassing post yet. Too bad. For a minute there I genuinely thought you were a thinking poster. Turns out you're another progressive sheep whose gone full gatorman.

Shameful.

You keep repeating this, as if that will rationalize your argument.

It WAS politicized...................on September 11, 2012........................THAT was shameful

Your blanket condemnation of the GOP for trying to get the whole story out (since 2012..........long before 2016 considerations) is also shameful.

You keep repeating this, as if that will rationalize your argument.

It WAS politicized...................on September 11, 2012........................THAT was shameful

Your blanket condemnation of the GOP for trying to get the whole story out (since 2012..........long before 2016 considerations) is also shameful.

What is the whole story in your opinion?

What is the whole story in your opinion?

Again, you might be doing yourself a favor by reading through the thread. I don't know why I'm doing this but here are some things to consider:

There were heavy rumors about an arms deal for Syrian rebels. What would be the purpose for the ambassador being in Benghazi if not for something like this?

The Ambassador had requested more security and it wasn't given him.

There were no protests that night. They were coordinated attacks by 150-200 well armed and trained people.

We made no attempt to send in reinforcements once we knew what was happening.

The administration went out of its way to cover up and lie about what happened.

People in the know that were in Libya have had their voices stifled.

The Obama administration has stonewalled any investigations.

Hillary, with her statement before congress (what difference does it make) makes it clear she is just doing a cya and didn't care about preventing future attacks.

So, I think there is a lot of smoke there, don't you? Obama has given the finger to congressional investigation of this, but it's par for the course considering how he's reacted to at least 4 other serious scandals during his imperial reign.